Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

12gauge coach gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    JustJoshinYa
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 116

    I reached out on Facebook and asked them it's intended rifling/smooth bore use. I'll update if I hear back. But from what it says ANY CHOKE I guess I'm good to go lol.

    Comment

    • #17
      SkyHawk
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2012
      • 23531

      Should be good to go but I don't see how it spins, maybe not gonna have great range or accuracy but should do a number on Watermelons at short range..
      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

      Comment

      • #18
        CWL
        Senior Member
        CGN Contributor
        • Aug 2009
        • 1488

        I didn't know their coach guns even used chokes, it's a close-in defensive gun, not sporting arm.
        In general, stick with as open a choke as possible when shooting slugs, cyl bore, IC, for example.
        Vae Victis

        Comment

        • #19
          SkyHawk
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Sep 2012
          • 23531

          My Baikal has screw in chokes - I do pretty well shooting Sporting Clays with it. It will hold it's own against the longer barrels if I have the right chokes in.



          Last edited by SkyHawk; 10-22-2020, 11:31 AM.
          Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

          Comment

          • #20
            Imageview
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2018
            • 1629

            Stoeger website says slugs are fine in the more open barrel (it's ic or c, can't remember off the top of my head). I believe they don't reccomend them for the modified barrel. It's been a minute since I last checked. There are also plenty of videos of people shooting them on YouTube from both barrels. Doesn't make it a good idea, but people do do it.

            I gave a shotgun to my best friend from high school at the start of the pandemic, mostly just using the panic to get a shooting buddy. He reported seeing some of these to me, and I was also perplexed on the why of a 2.5" cartridge. Should shoot fine from your stoeger, but the buckshot you got would be my first reccomendation if you need to shoot it for just about any purpose.

            Comment

            • #21
              edgerly779
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Aug 2009
              • 19871

              Sabot slug no problem to shoot. Like a duplex hexolit.

              Comment

              • #22
                Notpc
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2016
                • 3886

                Isn't a shotgun shell length measured uncrimped or 2 3/4", so once crimped, the shell would measure 2 1/2"? I probably read this on this forum somewhere. I am to lazy to get up out of my recliner and find a shell to measure.

                OK, found this article:

                Quickly learn everything about shotgun shell terms from shell size to shot type, size, material, and length. Plus recommendations for the best ammo!
                Last edited by Notpc; 10-22-2020, 12:39 PM.
                "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain..."
                Roy Batty

                Comment

                • #23
                  JustJoshinYa
                  Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 116

                  Yes the length normal measured uncrimmped at 2.75" or 3" most common. My Remington 2.75" shells measure in at 2 3/8" actual height, while these slugs measure in at 2 1/4" actual height that was my concern they were almost a 1/4" shorter and have no crimping so didn't know if that affects how the slug would travel through the chamber down the bore. If it had a crimp over the slug I would think differently it's just a weird shell and a weird size.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    naz
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2020
                    • 3108

                    Wow I learned something new today! I never knew that a “coach gun” existed. I thought it was a derogatory term like a “Gucci Glock”.

                    Defensive gun + break top double barrel. Is that used for those recreation cowboy 3 gun matches where you need a revolver, break top shotgun and level rifle?

                    Cool gun and congrats on the pistol and ammo OP

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      edgerly779
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 19871

                      Fun guns just don't try to use at skeet or trap ranges. Min barrel length usually
                      24-26" safe with home defense shotguns with short barrels.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Spyder
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 17271

                        this makes me want to go shoot my old cheapo import coach gun that I haven't touched in years...

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Spyder
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 17271

                          Used to defend coaches a hundred and fifty years ago! Think old school Wells Fargo transport. And the origination of the term "riding shotgun."

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            naz
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2020
                            • 3108

                            Originally posted by Spyder
                            Used to defend coaches a hundred and fifty years ago! Think old school Wells Fargo transport. And the origination of the term "riding shotgun."

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              ceh383
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • 2536

                              Originally posted by JustJoshinYa
                              Yes the length normal measured uncrimmped at 2.75" or 3" most common. My Remington 2.75" shells measure in at 2 3/8" actual height, while these slugs measure in at 2 1/4" actual height that was my concern they were almost a 1/4" shorter and have no crimping so didn't know if that affects how the slug would travel through the chamber down the bore. If it had a crimp over the slug I would think differently it's just a weird shell and a weird size.
                              They do have a crimp, it's a roll crimp. It's just different than what you are used to seeing.
                              "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                SnWnMe
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 6897

                                Originally posted by naz
                                Wow I learned something new today! I never knew that a “coach gun” existed. I thought it was a derogatory term like a “Gucci Glock”.

                                Defensive gun + break top double barrel. Is that used for those recreation cowboy 3 gun matches where you need a revolver, break top shotgun and level rifle?

                                Cool gun and congrats on the pistol and ammo OP
                                The fastest follow up shot you can fire out of a shotgun. Just pull both triggers at the same time.










































                                And hang on
                                Frank Da Tank

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1