Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

JM930

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    k1dude
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2009
    • 15973

    Shoot a couple hundred rounds of #6, #4, or buck/slugs, and you should be fine. It just needs some break-in.
    "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

    "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

    Comment

    • #17
      envelope
      Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 322

      If you've already fed it 300-400 rounds of high brass, I'm gonna go on a whim and guess you didn't fully disassemble and clean the extremely annoying piston.

      @7:30 https://youtu.be/QfqdygODl9k
      For every $1 spent on a firearm, you should spend $2 training with it.

      Stay safe and stay legal. You can't protect your family from within a prison cell.

      NRA Certified Instructor. Feel free to ping me about ad-hoc instruction and coaching.

      Comment

      • #18
        Boarhuntor
        Banned
        • Feb 2019
        • 760

        Originally posted by boopiejones
        Not sure how true this is, but according to this website there are lots of ways that the gas piston spacer tube can foul, causing cycling issues.

        http://www.or3gun.com/OR3GUN/about_or3gun_marine.htm
        Sorry to inform you, it is one big BS, in cultural words "A marketing trick", or snake oil, or whatever, aimed to just to empty your pockets.

        Whatever they sell you, ether not necessary or you can do yourself in 10 minutes for $0.00 and some change.

        Comment

        • #19
          boopiejones
          Senior Member
          • May 2014
          • 2044

          Originally posted by Boarhuntor
          Sorry to inform you, it is one big BS, in cultural words "A marketing trick", or snake oil, or whatever, aimed to just to empty your pockets.

          Whatever they sell you, ether not necessary or you can do yourself in 10 minutes for $0.00 and some change.
          Normally I would agree, but the the recoil tube on the new 940 looks eerily similar to the OR3gun tube for the 930. Seems like OR3gun may have been on to something with their design.

          OR3gun 930:


          Stock 940:

          my Benitez goes to 11

          Comment

          • #20
            Boarhuntor
            Banned
            • Feb 2019
            • 760

            Oh yes, and what prevents you from drilling a number of holes yourself to achieve the same results and saving some dough for beer or ....

            My DIY 930 upgrade.

            Last edited by Boarhuntor; 01-15-2021, 5:37 PM.

            Comment

            • #21
              Sheldon
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 2149

              I believe the bought version has the holes and the inner diameter is also a bit larger in the middle section for more clearance.

              Comment

              • #22
                PocketRocket29
                Junior Member
                • Aug 2020
                • 49

                Originally posted by Boarhuntor
                Mine cycles everything, given mine is a hunter version. Have you tried to clean it?
                But anyways, there might be multiple reasons for gun not cycling. More details are needed.
                I did not clean it prior to firing it but did visually inspect it to make sure it was lubed from the factory. Im not sure if over-lubrication from the factory could gunk up the cycling action. This is my first time with any shotgun platform so my inexperience could be a factor too.

                Comment

                • #23
                  PocketRocket29
                  Junior Member
                  • Aug 2020
                  • 49

                  Originally posted by k1dude
                  Shoot a couple hundred rounds of #6, #4, or buck/slugs, and you should be fine. It just needs some break-in.
                  Yes I plan on another outing with the 930 soon and a gentleman at my local GS was kind enough to gift me some of his buck shots so I am looking forward to seeing the difference and doing a detailed cleaning afterwards.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Boarhuntor
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2019
                    • 760

                    Clean it furst

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Boarhuntor
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2019
                      • 760

                      Originally posted by Sheldon
                      I believe the bought version has the holes and the inner diameter is also a bit larger in the middle section for more clearance.
                      I see some holes on mine as well or my vision betrays me again, and the gap is more than enough to blow everything out. Since this mod I made at least 400 shots and it is as clean as a whistle. And I come back, those OR3 is a marketing gimmick aimed to ones who has hands growing out of their hind parts. Anyone can drill a series of holes and achieve same results.
                      Last edited by Boarhuntor; 08-07-2020, 3:40 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        PocketRocket29
                        Junior Member
                        • Aug 2020
                        • 49

                        Originally posted by Boarhuntor
                        Clean it furst
                        Will do. Thank you for the guidance.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1