Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Triple B's possibly closing?!---UPDATE--Not closing, changing ownership

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    BOBGBA
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Sep 2010
    • 2400

    Originally posted by ysr_racer
    I got an email from Spanky's Gentleman Club inviting me down there. Not sure if it's related.
    God Bless America - My iTrader rating - https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...2-transactions

    Comment

    • #62
      ysr_racer
      Banned
      • Mar 2006
      • 12014

      I emailed Cory and told him Billie was going to buy me lunch, and asked him if he'd honor that. So far no reply.

      Comment

      • #63
        whutsup40
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Mar 2009
        • 2727

        I'm in for spankys, when are we going?

        Comment

        • #64
          mausercat
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2008
          • 504

          I am just going to buy whatever I expect to shoot that day. I think that the transition will take at least 4 months. The County is not a fast acting government office. An FFL license for this site will have to be procured along with those stupid ammo reseller permits.

          I hope that it is not closed for too long a period of time while the transition takes place, but I guess that will be determined in a couple of months. Oaktree and Triple B will have to negotiate, and hopefully the throwers will not be removed. I hope instead Oaktree will buy the throwers and continue operations as normal pending any changes they plan on making. If they are smart they will do this or else existing customers can and will migrate to other clubs if the place is closed for any amount of time.

          Comment

          • #65
            whutsup40
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Mar 2009
            • 2727

            I'm not an Oaktree fan anymore, BUT if the can come in and run it like we are use too!! then i'm willing to give them a chance.

            Comment

            • #66
              ysr_racer
              Banned
              • Mar 2006
              • 12014

              I've heard Oak Tree has VERY deep pockets, but keep hearing how run down their place is.

              If their place is run down, what's the new club going to be like?

              Comment

              • #67
                RNE228
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2013
                • 2458

                Spanky's in Placerville is decent


                Originally posted by whutsup40
                I'm in for spankys, when are we going?

                Comment

                • #68
                  whutsup40
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 2727

                  That's the concern! If they have deep pockets and they don't show it at Oaktree, Then are they going to treat Triple B's any better?

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    ysr_racer
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 12014

                    Originally posted by whutsup40
                    That's the concern! If they have deep pockets and they don't show it at Oaktree, Then are they going to treat Triple B's any better?
                    My question exactly.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      fecalguns
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Jul 2015
                      • 1341

                      Originally posted by whutsup40
                      That's the concern! If they have deep pockets and they don't show it at Oaktree, Then are they going to treat Triple B's any better?
                      Things will work out!

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        BOBGBA
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 2400

                        Originally posted by mausercat
                        ...I hope that it is not closed for too long a period of time while the transition takes place...
                        I wouldn't expect to close more than a couple of days or a week, if at all. They are going to want to start generating revenue as fast as they can. OakTree has expanded over the years, so that they can extract (make) all the money they can.
                        God Bless America - My iTrader rating - https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...2-transactions

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          Sir Toast
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 3140

                          I'm out. I like Triple B Clays. I hope it stays.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            hamajun
                            Member
                            • Apr 2016
                            • 422

                            I hope this transition is not going to disrupt TBC's recurring shooting events - NSSA, NSCA, Sansei Skeet, etc., and most importantly, Calguns SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinic.

                            See what this clinic accomplished in the past!
                            Calguns SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinic **Announces New DOUBLES ROOKIE WORLD CHAMPION**

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              fecalguns
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              • Jul 2015
                              • 1341

                              Originally posted by hamajun
                              I hope this transition is not going to disrupt TBC's recurring shooting events - NSSA, NSCA, Sansei Skeet, etc., and most importantly, Calguns SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinic.

                              See what this clinic accomplished in the past!
                              Calguns SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinic **Announces New DOUBLES ROOKIE WORLD CHAMPION**
                              PM coming to you.....

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                trapperjohn
                                Senior Member
                                • Jul 2013
                                • 725

                                Originally posted by ysr_racer
                                I've heard Oak Tree has VERY deep pockets, but keep hearing how run down their place is.

                                If their place is run down, what's the new club going to be like?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1