Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Aguila 12GA. 1 3/4" MINISHELLS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    sealocan
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2012
    • 9956

    This is just something I read online so take it with a grain of salt but I remember someone saying Winchester 1200 or 1300 model had a feeding system that work well with the mini shells.

    Although personally I kind of agree with what someone mentioned above, you're using ammo that most shotguns are not perfectly designed for. If it was my self- defense I would probably go with the top shelf shotgun ammo manufacturer (not that I'm saying anything against Aguila because I haven't used them a lot myself but I don't think they're considered a top-shelf defensive round.)

    Comment

    • #17
      Squidward
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2006
      • 1779

      Originally posted by Dirtlaw
      1. Which shotguns work best with minishells?


      2. Anyone have experience using minishells with Remington 870?


      3. What steps, including modification, can be used to prevent problems connected with minishells?

      1. They work well in double barrel, SXS and single shot shotguns.

      2.Although they will "work" in an 870, Mossberg, KSG and other pump guns, I'd not use them for SD. Even at the range it's kind of hit and miss.

      3. Opsol as mentioned for the Mossbergs.

      Comment

      • #18
        Nephthys
        Member
        • Feb 2017
        • 300

        I've used them in both my KSG and 870. I had a couple FTEs on my 870. No hiccups in the KSG, I do love loading a whole box of them into the KSG in one go, and people at the range look over wondering when it's going to run out of shots. They also seemingly spout out the most noticable fireballs for me, more so than any other ammo I've tried

        Comment

        • #19
          W.R.Buchanan
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 3397

          I just bought a ton of Federal LE slugs and buck. They are 2 3/4"/70MM shells however they only measure 2.1/4" long and 60MM?

          They run just fine. The little ones run just fine in my M500's as well.

          Randy
          Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
          Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
          Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
          Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

          It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
          www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

          Comment

          • #20
            pennys dad
            Arizona Ex-Pat
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Feb 2008
            • 5984

            Originally posted by Dirtlaw
            Anyone have this problem when using the Mossberg rubber insert? This is just one comment, but it's making me re-think the whole idea. And that sucks ... those little suckers were expensive!
            I bought the OPSOL and tried it in a 590A1, it kind of worked sometimes.
            I would not recommend it or mini shells.
            Pennys Dad

            Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

            Comment

            • #21
              pennys dad
              Arizona Ex-Pat
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Feb 2008
              • 5984

              Originally posted by Dirtlaw
              1. Which shotguns work best with minishells?


              2. Anyone have experience using minishells with Remington 870?


              3. What steps, including modification, can be used to prevent problems connected with minishells?
              Tried in 870. They sometimes worked.
              Modification: Switch to low recoil ammo or add a Mesa Tactical LEO stock and drop the mini shell idea.
              Pennys Dad

              Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

              Comment

              • #22
                Dirtlaw
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Apr 2018
                • 3480

                Thanks

                Originally posted by pennys dad
                Tried in 870. They sometimes worked.
                Modification: Switch to low recoil ammo or add a Mesa Tactical LEO stock and drop the mini shell idea.

                I appreciate all the good advice and comments to my question. I'm dropping the mini shell idea -- too risky for defensive purposes.

                Comment

                • #23
                  JagerDog
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • May 2011
                  • 15635

                  Originally posted by W.R.Buchanan
                  I just bought a ton of Federal LE slugs and buck. They are 2 3/4"/70MM shells however they only measure 2.1/4" long and 60MM?

                  They run just fine. The little ones run just fine in my M500's as well.

                  Randy
                  The hull length is based on the unloaded/fired round.
                  Palestine is a fake country

                  No Mas Hamas



                  #Blackolivesmatter

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    pennys dad
                    Arizona Ex-Pat
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 5984

                    Here is an interesting video I saw talking about the mini shells. I know the OP already made a choice but I think it is interesting to watch anyhow.
                    Pennys Dad

                    Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Dirtlaw
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Apr 2018
                      • 3480

                      Best Solution

                      Everyone's supplied lots of information. Thank you. Although at this point I would not rely on the mini shells for self defense, I am going to test a Mossberg combined with the rubber adapter and see what happens. If I run all of my mini-shells through without issue I may change my mind regarding mini-shells (though only as a backup in particular situations). It sounds like the case where particular ammo is "liked" by particular weapon and not others ... but I am by no means convinced of that.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Greg B
                        Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 295

                        I have used them in my 88 with the Op-Sol adapter. No problems. I would NOT use them as a SD round, though. But sure fun at the range.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1