Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New mag fed Mossberg 590M

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    strakill
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 1484

    I have no want to own this shotgun however I do want to try it out. I would love to shoot the thing and give it a go. That want is probably because it's a Mossberg.
    Originally posted by superhondaz50
    I should note, I have a hookup..., just trying to determine the cost to put it in.
    Originally posted by beerman
    ...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.

    Comment

    • #32
      MGR
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2018
      • 8

      I just bought a 590m and waiting my 10 days. This shotgun is perfect for me because I don't want to keep a loaded firearm in the house currently because of my 3 kids (even in a safe). I keep my ammo and guns locked up separately. This design allows me to quickly load 10 shells via magazine instead of having to load the shells 1 at a time. This is the main reason why I was hesitant in purchasing a shotgun for HD. Some will argue that I'm being overly cautious but it works for me.

      On a side note... I also think it looks pretty badass!

      Comment

      • #33
        W.R.Buchanan
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 3401

        After learning how to manage rounds for a shotgun I have no problem loading one on the run. Plus that you can select the type of ammo you need to shoot at a given target.

        This box magazine locks you into whatever is in the mag. You can't do a switch to a slug if needed and that is one of the primary actions in the Defensive Shotgun Manual of Arms, and also is the reason why a shotgun is so versatile.

        Also, and I asked this before, if you run the gun dry can you port load it?

        If you can't, it is useless , cuz you will eventually run it dry, and if you don't have another mag or it is already empty too,,, You're screwed.

        Randy.
        Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
        Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
        Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
        Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

        It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
        www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

        Comment

        • #34
          MGR
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2018
          • 8

          I was told by the salesman that I would be able to port load a shell into the 590m. I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I bring one home. If I can't port load I'll be pretty upset. I'll try to add some pictures tomorrow

          *also, I'm planning on putting different shells into different mags (labeled) so I have the option of changing loads. The only problem is, the mags are so darn expensive!
          Last edited by MGR; 05-03-2018, 5:29 PM.

          Comment

          • #35
            Some Guy
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 2112

            Im gonna take a guess that the aftermarket will be pumping out much cheaper mags soon
            Make 159 Great Again

            Originally posted by ArmednReady
            Your tears are like candy to me....mmmmmmmmm yum yum.
            Originally posted by BoxesOfLiberty
            This post is brought to you by the letter alcohol.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #36
              k1dude
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2009
              • 15986

              Originally posted by MGR
              I was told by the salesman that I would be able to port load a shell into the 590m. I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I bring one home. If I can't port load I'll be pretty upset. I'll try to add some pictures tomorrow

              *also, I'm planning on putting different shells into different mags (labeled) so I have the option of changing loads. The only problem is, the mags are so darn expensive!
              I don't see how you can possibly port load unless the mag is removed or you can release the bolt on an empty mag. If the mag is in place and has shells in it, you're going to get a double feed malfunction.
              "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

              "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

              Comment

              • #37
                danieljames
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2011
                • 27

                The 50206 version finally came into Turners. There still at the warehouse but they let me start DROS today.

                Comment

                • #38
                  xXRifleManXx
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 1194

                  Originally posted by MGR
                  I just bought a 590m and waiting my 10 days. This shotgun is perfect for me because I don't want to keep a loaded firearm in the house currently because of my 3 kids (even in a safe). I keep my ammo and guns locked up separately. This design allows me to quickly load 10 shells via magazine instead of having to load the shells 1 at a time. This is the main reason why I was hesitant in purchasing a shotgun for HD. Some will argue that I'm being overly cautious but it works for me.

                  On a side note... I also think it looks pretty badass!
                  Empty chamber with a uncocked firing pin makes for a quick rack out of the tube. If you can't trust your manual of arms that far you could even have a cocked bolt on an empty chamber and have to activate the action bar release before you can load the chamber... you even even put the safety on!

                  Open safe, grab shotgun rack slide. Not a chance for a ND until the gun is fully under your control.

                  But to unlock the safe, grab your shotgun, select whichever marked mag you think you need and insert the mag and rack the pump....all this being done under stress..the stress you have when you think you need a gun. Mind you your family may be in the house and they need to be controlled too. Your responsible for all of this in a HD situation.

                  Fantasy land.

                  Ever tried to insert a rock in mag on a AK under the stress of a countdown timer?
                  How about an AR under someone's about kill you stress?
                  The less steps the better for any HD scenario.

                  I commend you for wanting to mitigate any chance for mishaps with your kids and storing you guns as you see fit, but your justification for this as a HD shotgun seams a bit misguided or poorly thought out.

                  Now as a "hey this is badass I'm gonna get it" gun, totally understand.
                  WTB m&p 9 5?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    MGR
                    Junior Member
                    • Apr 2018
                    • 8

                    Originally posted by xXRifleManXx
                    Empty chamber with a uncocked firing pin makes for a quick rack out of the tube. If you can't trust your manual of arms that far you could even have a cocked bolt on an empty chamber and have to activate the action bar release before you can load the chamber... you even even put the safety on!

                    Open safe, grab shotgun rack slide. Not a chance for a ND until the gun is fully under your control.

                    But to unlock the safe, grab your shotgun, select whichever marked mag you think you need and insert the mag and rack the pump....all this being done under stress..the stress you have when you think you need a gun. Mind you your family may be in the house and they need to be controlled too. Your responsible for all of this in a HD situation.

                    Fantasy land.

                    Ever tried to insert a rock in mag on a AK under the stress of a countdown timer?
                    How about an AR under someone's about kill you stress?
                    The less steps the better for any HD scenario.

                    I commend you for wanting to mitigate any chance for mishaps with your kids and storing you guns as you see fit, but your justification for this as a HD shotgun seams a bit misguided or poorly thought out.

                    Now as a "hey this is badass I'm gonna get it" gun, totally understand.
                    There isn't a one size fits all HD protocol and you have to do what's right for you. In my situation, last year around this time my HD weapon was a decorative medieval sword so even an unloaded weapon that needs to have a mag loaded then racked is a huge upgrade. If I didn't have kids in the house, I would keep my guns in condition 3. At the present, it probably will take me an additional 5 to 10 seconds to insert the mag and rack. I'm hoping my 2 half starved North Korean dogs can give me the extra time.

                    As time goes by and my wife and I feel more comfortable with guns in the house, I'm sure the restrictions will become more liberal. But currently I don't want to risk one of my kids somehow getting their grubby curious hands on my weapons and hurting themselves. 10 seconds is worth the peace of mind but I know a lot can happen in 10 seconds during a home invasion. It's a tough balancing act between daily risk and being ready to defend your family quickly.

                    But I do agree with you that I purchased the 590m for more of the badassness but the detachable mag works in our household defense setup. Now to make sure a cartridge can be loaded via port when the mag is spent.

                    *I forgot to mention that since I don't have any training on a shotgun besides shooting a friend's a few times, my HD option (until I become proficient) is my 1911 which I have over 20 hours of range time this year.
                    Last edited by MGR; 05-03-2018, 11:25 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      MGR
                      Junior Member
                      • Apr 2018
                      • 8

                      I just picked up the 590m. You are able to port load this shotgun but the mag needs to stay attached or the shell will fall out the bottom where the mag attaches to the receiver. There is no functional magazine tube... It's only there for the forend to function. I noticed that the action arms connected to the forend are about an inch longer than a regular 590 so the pull is way too long. Going to need to get a shorter stock.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        BarrettM99
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • 2199

                        If it ain’t broke, fix it till it’s broken.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          mossy
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Dec 2007
                          • 7435

                          Originally posted by BarrettM99
                          If it ain’t broke, fix it till it’s broken.
                          naw, this is
                          if it aint broke, fix it till you can charge more money for it.

                          Originally posted by Some Guy
                          Im gonna take a guess that the aftermarket will be pumping out much cheaper mags soon
                          never gonna happen without substantial adoption of the shotgun first. if sales are minimal, it is not worth the effort to make mags for a shotgun few people own and use seriously.
                          Last edited by mossy; 05-06-2018, 3:50 AM.
                          best troll thread in calguns history
                          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



                          burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            xXRifleManXx
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 1194

                            Not for serious use.
                            Back yard fun and something to show people.
                            I hope you enjoy every minute of it.
                            WTB m&p 9 5?

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Uxi
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 5155

                              Was checking it out at Turners. I'd rather get a regular (or Magpul) 590A1, but definitely interesting.
                              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

                              9mm + 5.56mm =
                              .45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
                              10mm + 6.8 SPC =
                              sigpic

                              Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                MGR
                                Junior Member
                                • Apr 2018
                                • 8

                                I haven't shot it yet but I got a chance to throw some furniture on it. The mag clips pretty easily but it is honking huge and expensive (89.99 is the cheapest I've seen). Maybe they'll come out with a drum style magazine one day. Fully loaded, the weight is more centralized than a regular 590 so I'm curious to see what the muzzle flip and recoil is like.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1