Saw the new mag fed Mossberg in the Turners ad and had to put down a deposit on the ghost ring sight version. Looks like it might be a while before they get any in though. My question is if anyone might know if putting a pistol grip on would violate any laws? I've gone through flow charts, but a mag fed pump action seems to be a new animal and I just don't want to have any compliance issues. Thanks in advance for any info.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
New mag fed Mossberg 590M
Collapse
X
-
New mag fed Mossberg 590M
Tags: None -
I haven't checked but it shouldn't since it's a pump.Saw the new mag fed Mossberg in the Turners ad and had to put down a deposit on the ghost ring sight version. Looks like it might be a while before they get any in though. My question is if anyone might know if putting a pistol grip on would violate any laws? I've gone through flow charts, but a mag fed pump action seems to be a new animal and I just don't want to have any compliance issues. Thanks in advance for any info.Originally posted by FjoldI've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
-Milton Friedman
sigpic -
Nope - good to go - I have had a deposit down for one also - 3 weeks now. I was told they should receive a shipment in 2 to 3 weeks (4/16/18) but That is what they told me originally (3/21/18) The other model has been in inventory for a while now 50205Saw the new mag fed Mossberg in the Turners ad and had to put down a deposit on the ghost ring sight version. Looks like it might be a while before they get any in though. My question is if anyone might know if putting a pistol grip on would violate any laws? I've gone through flow charts, but a mag fed pump action seems to be a new animal and I just don't want to have any compliance issues. Thanks in advance for any info.CGN Contributor - LifetimeComment
-
Only CA requirements for manually operated (bolt-action, lever-action, pump-action) shotguns:
1. Minimum barrel length of 18". [PC 17180(a)]
2. Minimum overall length of 26". [PC 17180(b)]sigpic
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).Comment
-
Thank you for the replies. I checked out the remington dm, but it uses single stack magazines. From what I've read Mossberg is the first one to come up with a reliable double stack mag, shortening mag and adding capacity.Comment
-
Atchison mag fed . 3" mag number 4 bucks at 30 yards 100% kill with 1 mag 10 bad guys in 2 seconds.Comment
-
-
riflegear has a ton in stock.Saw the new mag fed Mossberg in the Turners ad and had to put down a deposit on the ghost ring sight version. Looks like it might be a while before they get any in though. My question is if anyone might know if putting a pistol grip on would violate any laws? I've gone through flow charts, but a mag fed pump action seems to be a new animal and I just don't want to have any compliance issues. Thanks in advance for any info.
i want one as well.Comment
-
I shot the Mossberg at Industry Day this year. I have to say that it was the first 590 that didn't beat my cheekbone up... don't know if there's been any changes to the stock. The mag worked fine when I fired it, but they're HUGE. Carrying them might be just a little inconvenient, and if you're not carrying spares, why have a mag fed shotgun in the first place?
I handled the Remington but didn't get a chance to shoot it. The big thing I don't like is the mag release location - right on the front of the magwell.I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!Comment
-
Is it practical? Maybe not. But you have 10 rounds ready to go, and with just 1 more mag you get 10 more rounds real quick. Plus it just looks cool. Can't wait to see the look on my father in laws face when he sees it!Comment
-
Doesn't have to be practical if that's not what you're after. If "practical" were an absolute prerequisite, I wouldn't have half the guns in my safe!I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,349
Posts: 25,147,087
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 29020 users online. 136 members and 28884 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment