Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Super Dumb Question I am sure

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    70 blazer
    Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 420

    Originally posted by stilly
    Yawn. I never said it did NOT come with a choke. But even if it does it is still a much shorter shotgun and still does not fit the bill... You just threw that at the wall to see what sticks... Come on now. And since you decided to bring it up, what other barrels does Benelli make for the M-4?

    And even if you did buy another Barrel from them you are now into the gun for what, $2200+ ?

    LoL. Yeah, a fool and his money are soon parted.

    If you are serious about buying an M4 for skeet, [snicker] then your money is best put into an M2 field. But is the M2 even a gas gun or is it inertia? I forgot, I think it might be gas, but if it aint gas then you better REALLY break it in and no light loads or else you could be jamming up all day long.

    My SBEII jams on the lighter loads. That was why I got my 930 SPX and my Extrema 2...
    you make fud statements then you say im trying to see what sticks is funny . just correcting your statements to the truth.
    never said it was a skeet gun but to say its inaccurate and and has crappy groups is fud .
    shoot light loads with problems more fud . I read the same thing from the internet but, in real life it shot light loads from the first day I took it out no. 8 bird shot and low recoil 00 buck too . even though it says to break it in with hi power 00 buck . I wanted to see for myself about the light loads and it work flawlessly.

    if I was to buy a skeet and trap gun it would be a Benelli 828U.

    and the SBE II is more of a turkey and water fowl gun that's why it shoots the 3 1/2 inch loads . can you use it for skeet and trap sure is it optimum for it NO. is it made for light loads NO. its made to handle the 3 1/2 loads. the bolt carrier and recoil spring are heavier and take more power to cycle the gun. that's why light loads don't always work. its not the gun its your choice of ammo.
    Last edited by 70 blazer; 03-19-2016, 8:10 PM.

    Comment

    • #62
      70 blazer
      Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 420

      Originally posted by commmaster
      So if anyone wants an update, here it is:

      We went to Triple B's (can I just type BBB now?) this morning and all four of us used my Remington 870 Express. I did well, my wife loved it, my oldest daughter hated it (handled it well but didn't like it) and my youngest couldn't handle it. After the shooting trip, we went to various shops (mount star, ammo bros, etc.) looking for new guns. We ended up at Turners.

      My wife liked the remington and adopted it as her own. My wife's Mossberg got the new 28" barrel today (trying to buy from someone on here but we couldn't connect) and we will get the 12" lop stock in a few days so that will become my 9 year olds gun. I bought my Beretta A300 Outlander and my oldest daughter (12) elected to have a Beretta A300 as well. We gave her the option of the 20 ga weatherby SA-08 but she said she liked the A300 and can handle the 12 ga.

      So, there it is. We will now all have our own guns. I think the moss berg and remington are short term. I am sure by this time next year, I will pass down my beretta to my youngest daughter and replace it with a nice O/U and the Remington will probably be switched out as well.

      Not too bad, went from 0-7 guns in 3 weeks hahahaha
      glad to hear your moving in a forward direction.

      Comment

      • #63
        Cokebottle
        Seņor Member
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2009
        • 32373

        Originally posted by Sandro
        I think it is cheaper to buy a new Moss500 with 28" and removable chokes
        Probably so.

        I bought a Knoxx recoil reducing stock for mine, plus a 28" barrel and a couple of chokes.
        Stock was $90, 28" barrel was $200
        Needed a $5 bolt and washer to attach the stock.
        - Rich

        Originally posted by dantodd
        A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

        Comment

        • #64
          chuckdc
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 1919

          Originally posted by commmaster
          So if anyone wants an update, here it is:

          We went to Triple B's (can I just type BBB now?) this morning and all four of us used my Remington 870 Express. I did well, my wife loved it, my oldest daughter hated it (handled it well but didn't like it) and my youngest couldn't handle it. After the shooting trip, we went to various shops (mount star, ammo bros, etc.) looking for new guns. We ended up at Turners.

          My wife liked the remington and adopted it as her own. My wife's Mossberg got the new 28" barrel today (trying to buy from someone on here but we couldn't connect) and we will get the 12" lop stock in a few days so that will become my 9 year olds gun. I bought my Beretta A300 Outlander and my oldest daughter (12) elected to have a Beretta A300 as well. We gave her the option of the 20 ga weatherby SA-08 but she said she liked the A300 and can handle the 12 ga.

          So, there it is. We will now all have our own guns. I think the moss berg and remington are short term. I am sure by this time next year, I will pass down my beretta to my youngest daughter and replace it with a nice O/U and the Remington will probably be switched out as well.

          Not too bad, went from 0-7 guns in 3 weeks hahahaha

          One thing you might look into with the your 9 year old and perhaps your wife, is the Fiocchi "Trainer" loads or Winchester AA "Low Noise Low Recoil" loads. Same price as the regular AA or Fiocchi rounds, but they have 7/8 oz of shot (usually #8s) in them. They still whack clays just fine, but they are effectively a 20ga load in a 12ga platform, so the kick is much less. I shoot them in a 6lb Franchi O/U if I decide to take that out for shooting clay. It's a lot more tolerable than shooting the full-house stuff in lightweight guns more meant for long, armed, walks than lots of shooting. They also work quite well in pumps, but not so much in auto guns. Heck, I even shoot them in my heavier O/U because it's just less tiring with the lower recoil. I get the Fiocchi by the case from Able Ammo, but I'm sure someone out there closer to you carries them. I've been able to get the AA LN/LR rounds from Bass Pro and Wallyworld, but Bass Pro has them more consistently. I even shoot the 20ga version of the Trainers in my little 20ga side-by. in 20ga, they are a 28ga load in a 20 hull, 3/4 oz of shot. There's another Italian brand (B&P Competition One) that has similar loads, but I've had some issues with them that make me way hesitant to recommend them. They slip under the ejectors in my Franchi, then dont get kicked out and I have to take the gun apart to get the out. YMMV. Havent had that problem with Fiocchi or Winchester.
          "Mr. Rat, I have a writ here that says you are to stop eating Chen Lee's cornmeal forthwith. Now, It's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of same!"

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1