So my daughters are getting to the age I want to start teaching them to shoot. I have 2 10/22's but also want to get a 22lr handgun. Looking for suggestions. I really wanted the sr22 or m&p22 but missed the boat on those. What else is good? Thanks
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Which .22LR
Collapse
X
-
I'm sure you thought of this, but a Single Six (Cowboy style) bought used is a great gun for the money. It'll last a lifetime, and admit it, it's fun to shoot a Cowboy gun. Also new shooters find it less intimidating than a semi-auto.
Also the Ruger series of semi-autos, are thought highly of, I don't have one - I bought a 22LR upper for a Beretta....
. -
I have a Heritage Rough Rider. It's the cheaper alternative to a Ruger Single Six. The workmanship is not as high. The action is not as smooth. But it works and is inexpensive.
If you must get a semi auto, then Ruger Mk is the one to go. It will outlast most shooters.Comment
-
Time to keep your eyes on the used market.
Look for those two and I will add the Beretta Neos to the list.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using TapatalkLast edited by morrcarr67; 06-29-2014, 10:18 AM.Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.
Originally posted by Erion929Comment
-
agree,think a 22 revolver is the best starter till they are comfortable and graduate into the world of magazines.Comment
-
Academy has Browning Buck Mark's for $299. Hard to beat that.Comment
-
You don't state the age of your daughters, but for my young kids the guns weight was an issue......
Tougher to find, but I'd add the S&W 422 to the list of desirable.
The 4.5" version weighs in at 21.5oz, +2oz for 6" version.
Both are a little over the 17.5~18oz of the 3.5" SR22.
But you won't outgrow the accuracy of the S&W 422.
Barry
BTW the M&P is 4" and 24ozComment
-
One of our members has an all metal MK111 for sale. If it's reasonable, I'd buy that. Saw it last night on a thread, not sure which. I have a MK111 22/45 that's quickly becoming my fav gun, bar none!!!Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!Comment
-
Puma 1873/22 seems nice enough.
Its "full size" but those old cowboy guns seem to have very small grips.Am I a good shot!?!, YEAH I'M A GOOD SHOT!....i just got bad aimComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,684
Posts: 25,150,433
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18970 users online. 135 members and 18835 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment