Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

HK MP5 22lr by Walther - range impressions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    TripleThreat
    CGN Contributor
    • Mar 2012
    • 2642

    Is it my imagination or are these guns, really, really quiet? It sounds as if they are suppressed.

    Triple
    1911 "The MILF of handguns"

    LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

    Comment

    • #77
      RMikeL
      Member
      • Dec 2011
      • 271

      Originally posted by TripleThreat
      Is it my imagination or are these guns, really, really quiet? It sounds as if they are suppressed.

      Triple
      I agree--they sound like a supressed 9mm.
      NRA Life Member

      Comment

      • #78
        MR FEDZ
        Junior Member
        • May 2014
        • 5

        The Umarex MP5 clone is a great rifle. I never had any ftf/fte issues shooting standard and high velocity ammo out of the gun, not one. However, the rifle does not like remington sub-sonic ammo....will not cycle.
        Last edited by MR FEDZ; 05-27-2014, 6:57 PM.

        Comment

        • #79
          MR FEDZ
          Junior Member
          • May 2014
          • 5

          Crappy cell phone pics.




          Comment

          • #80
            anthracite
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2020
            • 996

            Have any Real Estate and/or Mortgage related questions? Over 15 years of Residential, Commercial, Investment, Management, & Land Experience. Primarily help Veterans. Shoot me a PM.

            Comment

            • #81
              marcopolo_9mm
              Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 169

              It has been absolutely rock solid for me. It's been a couple of months since I've been to the range, but I would estimate that I've run at least 100k rounds and no issues whatsoever.

              Comment

              • #82
                anthracite
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2020
                • 996

                Originally posted by marcopolo_9mm
                It has been absolutely rock solid for me. It's been a couple of months since I've been to the range, but I would estimate that I've run at least 100k rounds and no issues whatsoever.
                Have any Real Estate and/or Mortgage related questions? Over 15 years of Residential, Commercial, Investment, Management, & Land Experience. Primarily help Veterans. Shoot me a PM.

                Comment

                • #83
                  SDRider858
                  Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 492

                  Originally posted by anthracite
                  Sorry in advance for reviving this thread, but figured it’s better than creating a new one.

                  Was hoping those who participated in this thread could give their thoughts on reliability now after it’s been 6 years.

                  Since it’s discontinued from Walther, are you SOL if you run into a problem?

                  I have both the SD and the A5 model....out of my collection one or the other always joins me on range trips. The Walther is that much fun.....Mine have run with no issues and I have thousands of rounds down both of my variants. Everyone who shoots mine wants one......add 25rd mags or 50 rd drum with speed loader for the win!!

                  If you can get your hands on one I would highly recommend the rifle. I bought my first one at big 5 back in the day

                  I have a old GSG-5 before the lawsuit and the quality is not even close to the walther version.....mine also jams. I think they have a newer model that you might consider. I think they sell for under 400.00
                  Most of the time
                  Last edited by SDRider858; 09-29-2020, 5:34 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    101st Airborne
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2011
                    • 665

                    I've had my HK MP5 22lr by Walther for a number of years now as well. No idea on round count. No issues, loads of fun.

                    I bought mine shortly after shooting an HK MP5 9mm in Vegas, full auto. The HK MP5 22 looks and feels identical. The GSG model was available, but after I handled them side by side it was no contest. The Walther was hands down better fit, finish and quality.
                    Army Veteran 2/31st F.A., 101st Airborne
                    NRA Patron Life Member/CGN Contributor
                    CRPA Member

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      anthracite
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2020
                      • 996

                      Originally posted by SDRider858
                      I have both the SD and the A5 model....out of my collection one or the other always joins me on range trips. The Walther is that much fun.....Mine have run with no issues and I have thousands of rounds down both of my variants. Everyone who shoots mine wants one......add 25rd mags or 50 rd drum with speed loader for the win!!

                      If you can get your hands on one I would highly recommend the rifle. I bought my first one at big 5 back in the day

                      I have a old GSG-5 before the lawsuit and the quality is not even close to the walther version.....mine also jams. I think they have a newer model that you might consider. I think they sell for under 400.00
                      Most of the time
                      Thank you for the feedback! Between the A5 and SD, do you prefer one or the other or is it close enough to be difficult to pick?

                      I had been also looking at the GSG-5/522's but my main concern was the reliability. Sure they are much less expensive in today's market, but if they break down then it's not worth it.

                      Originally posted by 101st Airborne
                      I've had my HK MP5 22lr by Walther for a number of years now as well. No idea on round count. No issues, loads of fun.

                      I bought mine shortly after shooting an HK MP5 9mm in Vegas, full auto. The HK MP5 22 looks and feels identical. The GSG model was available, but after I handled them side by side it was no contest. The Walther was hands down better fit, finish and quality.
                      Thank you for the side by side input between the Walther and GSG. That resonates what most others have said when speaking of the two. I read the GSG has more plastic than the Walther leading to a much "cheaper" feel.
                      Have any Real Estate and/or Mortgage related questions? Over 15 years of Residential, Commercial, Investment, Management, & Land Experience. Primarily help Veterans. Shoot me a PM.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        SDRider858
                        Member
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 492

                        Originally posted by anthracite
                        Thank you for the feedback! Between the A5 and SD, do you prefer one or the other or is it close enough to be difficult to pick?

                        I had been also looking at the GSG-5/522's but my main concern was the reliability. Sure they are much less expensive in today's market, but if they break down then it's not worth it.



                        Thank you for the side by side input between the Walther and GSG. That resonates what most others have said when speaking of the two. I read the GSG has more plastic than the Walther leading to a much "cheaper" feel.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          anthracite
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2020
                          • 996



                          Anyone else have experience with the parts attached to this MP5-22?

                          I'm in love with how it looks, and am going to try to replicate it as much as I can. However, although I have owned Firearms for over 15 years, I have never "modded" one in any way. Not even sights. I'm thinking I may need some special tools?

                          Thank you! I definitely prefer the look of the SD too, but just picked up a new A5 and am super excited!
                          Have any Real Estate and/or Mortgage related questions? Over 15 years of Residential, Commercial, Investment, Management, & Land Experience. Primarily help Veterans. Shoot me a PM.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            anthracite
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2020
                            • 996

                            Originally posted by marcopolo_9mm
                            It has been absolutely rock solid for me. It's been a couple of months since I've been to the range, but I would estimate that I've run at least 100k rounds and no issues whatsoever.
                            Originally posted by SDRider858
                            I have both the SD and the A5 model....out of my collection one or the other always joins me on range trips. The Walther is that much fun.....Mine have run with no issues and I have thousands of rounds down both of my variants. Everyone who shoots mine wants one......add 25rd mags or 50 rd drum with speed loader for the win!
                            Originally posted by 101st Airborne
                            I've had my HK MP5 22lr by Walther for a number of years now as well. No idea on round count. No issues, loads of fun.
                            Do you guys follow any manuals, guides, or videos for take down and proper/thorough cleaning?

                            I bought mine second hand from the original owner, but he did not have the box or manual anymore. I want to make sure I take care of mine so it lasts as long as your guys' after thousands of rounds too.
                            Have any Real Estate and/or Mortgage related questions? Over 15 years of Residential, Commercial, Investment, Management, & Land Experience. Primarily help Veterans. Shoot me a PM.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              elSquid
                              In Memoriam
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 11844

                              Originally posted by anthracite
                              Do you guys follow any manuals, guides, or videos for take down and proper/thorough cleaning?

                              I bought mine second hand from the original owner, but he did not have the box or manual anymore. I want to make sure I take care of mine so it lasts as long as your guys' after thousands of rounds too.
                              It's pretty common for manufacturers to keep user manuals online for easy download:



                              -- Michael

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                marcopolo_9mm
                                Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • 169

                                Originally posted by anthracite
                                Do you guys follow any manuals, guides, or videos for take down and proper/thorough cleaning?

                                I bought mine second hand from the original owner, but he did not have the box or manual anymore. I want to make sure I take care of mine so it lasts as long as your guys' after thousands of rounds too.
                                aside from the pdf elSquid posted, I follow the factory instructions Walther posted on youtube years ago



                                For the record, I have never fully disassembled my MP5. I just strictly follow the instructions in the manual as demonstrated in the video.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1