Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

10/22 receiver crack *Update 3/3*

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zamble
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 2354

    10/22 receiver crack *Update 3/3*

    Has anyone had the same problem and tried to use Ruger to fix it? The crack in mine is on the left rear pin hole to the base of the buffer hole.

    What was your solution?
    Last edited by Zamble; 03-03-2014, 3:39 PM.
  • #2
    Carsgunsandchics
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 3537

    My buddy has one that had the crack start at the bolt stop pin, he drilled it out and installed a bushing.
    Originally posted by fighterpilot562
    I am more of a sucker than a blower...

    Comment

    • #3
      'ol shooter
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 4646

      Originally posted by Zamble
      Has anyone had the same problem and tried to use Ruger to fix it? The crack in mine is on the left rear pin hole to the base of the buffer hole.

      What was your solution?
      If you have the rest of the rifle, and re-assemble it, Ruger will probably give you the choice of any and I mean ANY 10-22 they have in stock. A few members over at RFC had problems, and sent theirs in, and Ruger made that offer. Some made out like bandits. They all said Ruger would only deal with a complete rifle.
      sigpic
      Bob B.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

      Comment

      • #4
        Zamble
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 2354

        Yes it is complete. I refinished the stock, though.

        Comment

        • #5
          dyson
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 4342

          a 22 rifle receiver cracking, that is not good. I have a buffer bolt stop pin so hopefully that helps

          Comment

          • #6
            Stewdabaker23
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 2309



            Contact Ruger they should help you out, how long have you had the rifle???
            sigpic
            NRA Lifetime Member SAF Lifetime Member

            Comment

            • #7
              Zamble
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 2354

              IMG_0877.jpg

              Had the rifle since 1992.

              Comment

              • #8
                Excaliburr
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2011
                • 936

                That will teach you to install a plastic recoil buffer which is one of the first modifications a lot of us 10/22 users do upon purchasing another. Send it back to Ruger. I love the 10/22 but there is like three must do modifications after you get it that improves the gun right from the start. Not costly, but those are details Ruger doesn't do in order to curtail costs.

                Comment

                • #9
                  'ol shooter
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4646

                  Originally posted by Excaliburr
                  That will teach you to install a plastic recoil buffer which is one of the first modifications a lot of us 10/22 users do upon purchasing another. Send it back to Ruger. I love the 10/22 but there is like three must do modifications after you get it that improves the gun right from the start. Not costly, but those are details Ruger doesn't do in order to curtail costs.
                  RFC is the best place to learn all about your 10-22, simply the most info there is on them.

                  A family friendly forum community dedicated to rimfire firearm owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion of all manner of rimfire pistols, rifles, optics, ammo, gunsmithing, customization, reviews, hunting, accessories, classifieds, and more!
                  sigpic
                  Bob B.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Fishslayer
                    In Memoriam
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 13035

                    Originally posted by Excaliburr
                    Not costly, but those are details Ruger doesn't do in order to curtail costs.
                    I bought a piece of Delrin rod at Ridout Plastic right across the street from American Shooting Center. Couple of bucks and I had enough to make 5 or 6 bolt stops.
                    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                    Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                    I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                    Originally posted by redcliff
                    A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      'ol shooter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 4646

                      Wow, let's all save a dime, and beat the crap out of our rifles and scopes, with a piece of plastic with the same tensile strength as steel. I like soft poly, that cushions the blow, like Tuffer Buffers, but at $12 for three shipped, I guess that's too rich for some.
                      sigpic
                      Bob B.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(")

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        HighLander51
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 5144

                        I *****ed my mine up shooting a bunch of CCI stingers, but didn't crack it. By the way, does it still run ok with the crack?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Fishslayer
                          In Memoriam
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 13035

                          Originally posted by 'ol shooter
                          Wow, let's all save a dime, and beat the crap out of our rifles and scopes, with a piece of plastic with the same tensile strength as steel. I like soft poly, that cushions the blow, like Tuffer Buffers, but at $12 for three shipped, I guess that's too rich for some.
                          You talkin' about Delrin?
                          "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                          You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                          You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                          Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                          I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                          Originally posted by redcliff
                          A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Yoteman
                            Member
                            • Feb 2013
                            • 250

                            The appropriate dura hardness poly in 1/4" is dirt cheap by the foot. You simply buy it from the same folks that offer "bolt buffers"!!! 5ft costs next to nothing and is enough to make "bolt buffers" for the whole shooting club.
                            Same color cuz it's the same stuff!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Zamble
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 2354

                              I haven't shot it recently. I noticed the crack on Friday.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1