Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

jailed a Crickett

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    AR22
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 2174

    My kids when very young did not have a lot of problem cocking it. The pain I thought was loading the damn little thing. Still have the kids Crickett. It is pretty old before they were setup for any kind of optic mount. I had to make it fit a scope with custom mounts....

    Comment

    • #17
      sigfan91
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2009
      • 12320

      Originally posted by AR22
      My kids when very young did not have a lot of problem cocking it. The pain I thought was loading the damn little thing. Still have the kids Crickett. It is pretty old before they were setup for any kind of optic mount. I had to make it fit a scope with custom mounts....
      That's another thing. I read an online review about the Crickett not designed with a feed ramp. I checked mine and sure enough, there's a huge step between the chamber and the bolt....space...thingomajigg. One would need to actually insert the round directly into the chamber before closing the bolt. Kind of a pain if you ask me.

      Comment

      • #18
        surplus-addict
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2011
        • 6534

        Originally posted by sigfan91
        One would need to actually insert the round directly into the chamber before closing the bolt. Kind of a pain if you ask me.
        I never thought it was that big of a deal, but I also learned to shoot on a Remington 41P, which had the exact same thing
        Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
        Originally posted by loophole
        What's a PIN number? Or an ATM?
        You don't watch much porn, do you?
        Hammer
        1. The weapon of Kestryll
        Hammered:
        1. Getting BTFO by Kestryll with the hammer

        Comment

        • #19
          wurger
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2011
          • 1433

          Originally posted by bohoki
          they seem neat but single shot and you have to manually cock it gets a tad annoying

          its like baby shoes you will grow out of it in 2 months
          Take 15 Cub Scouts to the range for the first time and let me know if slowing them down a little is a problem...

          Comment

          • #20
            BroncoBob
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2008
            • 6019

            Back in 1993 I bought a Chipmunk for our oldest to learn to shoot, that rifle has helped his brother and sister learn about shooting. Our grandson will be the next user of this sweet little single shot rifle.
            sigpic
            NRA MEMBER

            Originally Posted by ar15barrels
            Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
            Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
            Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

            Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
            Michael Reagan

            Comment

            • #21
              bohoki
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 20826

              when i want to slow down shooting i pull out my old ramline magazines

              Comment

              • #22
                hooked on glock
                Member
                • Jan 2012
                • 348

                Picking up my daughter's crickett tomorrow morning ...

                Comment

                • #23
                  AR22
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2011
                  • 2174

                  Originally posted by wurger
                  Take 15 Cub Scouts to the range for the first time and let me know if slowing them down a little is a problem...
                  Well you should not be trying to control 15 kids at once by yourself with 15 firearms, if that is what you are attempting?

                  You need to be or have someone at the Child's side in attendance at all times in my opinion..Maybe I am wrong but I cannot see being 15 people down a line away from the furthest little bugger..Leaving them alone with that kind of unsupervised distance..Maybe my thinking is off here..

                  The point is not slowing them down that will be the problem. My kids actually got frustrated with the loading of it and would start to lose interest..I had to get them weened off it and on to something better pretty quickly..Or I was afraid their interest would fade quickly loading something so frustrating...
                  Last edited by AR22; 12-29-2013, 5:48 PM.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1