Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

wolf match target

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • msmith556
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 36

    wolf match target

    Is championshooters the best price for this ammo. They have the extra in stock now $7.50 per 50rounds or $690.00 per 5000 rounds

    The match target is $485.00 per 5000 rounds out of stock
    but they dont list any lower quantity.

    I havent seen this ammo locally.

    The wolf website says their address is in placentia, I wonder if we can take a tour of the facility and get a gift on the way out
  • #2
    MongooseV8
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 4426

    Wolf match is great stuff. I've never used the extra version but many agree its not worth the extra cost. However times are different right now.....

    Comment

    • #3
      rimfired
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 505

      That address is a PO Box, good luck taking that tour of the post office. Wolf ammo is made in Russia. It's good quality, but I've seen it go on sale for $5.50-$6.00/50 post ammo shortage.
      ______________________________

      Comment

      • #4
        deac777
        Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 366

        Originally posted by rimfired
        That address is a PO Box, good luck taking that tour of the post office. Wolf ammo is made in Russia. It's good quality, but I've seen it go on sale for $5.50-$6.00/50 post ammo shortage.
        The Wolf .22 LR target ammo is actually made in Germany not Russia, by Lapua of Germany. It is also sold under the name SK Standard Plus. For the price it is very good ammo.

        Comment

        • #5
          hatidua
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 850

          WMT has always run as good, or better, for me as WME. I certainly would not pay any extra for WME.

          Comment

          • #6
            stephewc
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2007
            • 1078

            Originally posted by msmith556
            Is championshooters the best price for this ammo. They have the extra in stock now $7.50 per 50rounds or $690.00 per 5000 rounds

            The match target is $485.00 per 5000 rounds out of stock
            but they dont list any lower quantity.

            I havent seen this ammo locally.

            The wolf website says their address is in placentia, I wonder if we can take a tour of the facility and get a gift on the way out

            Just as a heads up, Champion shooters has a credit card fee as well as hefty shipping charges. Last time I placed an order for a case of 22LR it cost me around $50 dollars for shipping. Payment fee was around 3%. Your final price will end up being like $550 for a case of Wolf Match / SK standard Plus. By today's standards that is probably still decent. I remember AIM Surplus used to sell it for $5/box if you bought by the case. With shipping it was probably around the same I think.
            Last edited by stephewc; 09-10-2013, 7:30 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              joe47
              Member
              • Aug 2013
              • 475

              Wolf Match Target And SK Standard Plus is the exact same ammo just in different packages.

              Comment

              • #8
                komishe
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 34

                Probably. That seems to be the going rate.

                That being said, if you shoot at 50y and under, it's not worth the extra coin for the extra accuracy(I saw little to none)

                It's a teeny bit better than the MT @ 100y and beyond, but both seem pretty lackluster in that department compared to other options available in the price ranges.

                Just what I saw in my testing of a few lots of each.......

                Russia:0)

                Comment

                • #9
                  msmith556
                  Junior Member
                  • Apr 2012
                  • 36

                  Originally posted by stephewc
                  Just as a heads up, Champion shooters has a credit card fee as well as hefty shipping charges. Last time I placed an order for a case of 22LR it cost me around $50 dollars for shipping. Payment fee was around 3%. Your final price will end up being like $550 for a case of Wolf Match / SK standard Plus. By today's standards that is probably still decent. I remember AIM Surplus used to sell it for $5/box if you bought by the case. With shipping it was probably around the same I think.


                  then does anyplace locally carry it, socal LA/OC

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    stephewc
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 1078

                    Originally posted by msmith556


                    then does anyplace locally carry it, socal LA/OC
                    Unfortunately you will probably have to buy it online. I don't think I've seen any shops carry any kind of match ammo. I started off buying SK Standard Plus through the marketplace / classifieds and eventually just ordered online.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Izzy43
                      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 2670

                      Originally posted by rimfired
                      That address is a PO Box, good luck taking that tour of the post office. Wolf ammo is made in Russia. It's good quality, but I've seen it go on sale for $5.50-$6.00/50 post ammo shortage.
                      Deleted, info already posted by another.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        msmith556
                        Junior Member
                        • Apr 2012
                        • 36

                        found some wolf mt in stock at bruno shooters supply $5.79

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Surferchris1
                          Member
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 175

                          Savage Mark 2, 50 meters, 5 shots each. I don't know if its worth the extra cost to you or not.

                          It is to me.

                          Edit: Sorry for the huge picture, I'm on my phone and can't resize it.

                          Last edited by Surferchris1; 09-11-2013, 10:15 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            brassburnz
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3553

                            I have about 3 bricks of Wolf Match Target stashed away for matches but use Aguila SE standard velocity in the blue and yellow boxes for practice ammo. In my guns, both ammo performs about the same if I'm having a so-so day, but on a good day, the Wolf shoots better. The Aguila uses Eley priming compound, so you get that same Eley smell.
                            NRA Life Member
                            CRPA Life Member

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              msmith556
                              Junior Member
                              • Apr 2012
                              • 36

                              the brown truck delivered a wolf brick today from brunos. Here is the price breakdown if anyone is interested. $5.79 per box of 50,
                              $3.00 handling fee,
                              and $15.17 shipping
                              total $76.07

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1