Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Where are all the 40gr Mini-Mags?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Mizouse
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 1196

    Originally posted by Wook
    I was able to pick up 3 boxes of 100/box, for $8.49 a box at Bass Pro Shop in Las Vegas, just this past weekend. I think I could have gotten more, if they had more. The guys there told me they were getting a shipment to be put out on the Sunday morning, so I showed up at 9am when the doors opened. Just find out when they have a shipment coming in and be there when the doors open.
    Too bad I always fly into Vegas.. Don't think the airlines would appreciate me carrying on ammo.

    Comment

    • #17
      Eljay
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 4985

      Originally posted by Mizouse
      Too bad I always fly into Vegas.. Don't think the airlines would appreciate me carrying on ammo.
      You can check up to some weight limit but I'm not sure how they feel about you bringing ammo if you're not also bringing a firearm. Might take some explaining anyway.

      re: 40 grain mini mags - Natchez has had those 1600 round dry box packs now and again. Usually their limits and shipping costs make them a bad deal but not on the 1600 packs.

      Comment

      • #18
        Clubhouse
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2013
        • 32

        Originally posted by Wook
        I was able to pick up 3 boxes of 100/box, for $8.49 a box at Bass Pro Shop in Las Vegas, just this past weekend. I think I could have gotten more, if they had more. The guys there told me they were getting a shipment to be put out on the Sunday morning, so I showed up at 9am when the doors opened. Just find out when they have a shipment coming in and be there when the doors open.
        Bass Pro Manteca had several 100/box today (6/27/13) around 3PM. Tried to get 4, their posted limit, but was told I could only have 1 since they consider the 100/box a bulk pack :-(.

        Comment

        • #19
          Joker258
          Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 143

          barnwood arms in ripon got a bunch in today 12.99 each they posted it on there facebook page

          Comment

          • #20
            piratebike
            Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 279

            Originally posted by Mizouse
            Too bad I always fly into Vegas.. Don't think the airlines would appreciate me carrying on ammo.
            Yeah, they frown on ammo being carried on. I know that Alaska Air allows you to have ammo in your checked luggage, but it needs to be in factory boxes. I was told "no reloads".

            Comment

            • #21
              Zartan
              In Memoriam
              • Nov 2010
              • 6269

              Originally posted by Paperchasin
              Need anyone to call you whambulance? Don't hate on others because they stocked up prior to this mess.
              HAHA, are you kidding? That was me slapping myself in the face in regret of not getting the ammo can before the rush. Who hates cuz others have ammo anyway?
              "If he won't walk, walk him...be nice"
              -Dalton



              WTS: 870 Barrel Clamp/Railed Mount

              http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...af415fafe8.jpg

              Comment

              • #22
                4DMASTR
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2012
                • 1077

                Grabbed a couple from Barnwood after work. I regret not buying the ammo can when they were on the shelf way back when. I have a coupon for them but its only good on a purchase of 4 or more...... dang limits

                Comment

                • #23
                  Yoteman
                  Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • 250

                  The .22 ammo brick has now surpassed the cigarette carton price.
                  The Marlboro Man is screwed!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Paperchasin
                    YOU are next!!
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 6407

                    Originally posted by MHShooter
                    HAHA, are you kidding? That was me slapping myself in the face in regret of not getting the ammo can before the rush. Who hates cuz others have ammo anyway?
                    I meant no offense. But posting a smiley with no additional comments leaves it wide open to interpretation. And with the large influx of newbs on CG, there are plenty of haters among us.
                    Feedback: https://imgur.com/a/mkdPdnQ

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      crufflers
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 12723

                      A friend of mine waited in a long line for an hour to get a 1600 can a few months ago when things were worse... it was $110 or so and in Alaska (but the shelves there look similar from what I hear).

                      I haven't seen CCI mini-mags locally forever and only a few times online as bulk packs that sold out too fast for me to grab any. Midway USA, Cabela's, Sportman's Guide are probably the best chance. Midway USA's notification system seems to give you as good a chance as any to grab something and it is fast and easy to click twice and add an item. I hate filling out a form every time I want to add one notification.

                      Last thing I scored was a 333 Winchester bulk pack and a couple 100 round boxes of Winchester Super X high velocity HP's in CCI-like plastic sliders but I'm sure they aren't a substitute for mini-mags... but I might try them in my P22 and Advantage Arms conversion.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        SoCal Choppas
                        Member
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 425

                        all the CCI Mini-Mags I have, I bought when Kmart was clearing out all their ammo...paid like $5 to 6 per 100 pack

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          DPmax
                          Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 330

                          Those are so elusive that in my 30+ years of shooting I've never seen a bulk Mini Mag ammo can like that. When I first saw the picture I thought it had to be a joke... Now I really want one, no, make that ten, I want ten of those!!
                          Never follow the advice of Calguns Addicts,
                          They clearly don't know what they are talking about.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            crufflers
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 12723

                            I never used to buy mini-mags back in the 90's when I shot a ton of .22... I thought they were for high-rollers. My $11 Federal 550 packs were good enough and I hated re-zeroing for a new round. Now I want a billion of them.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              INFAMOUS762X39
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2012
                              • 1458

                              This is what I scored online over a Month ago, all at regular price. It was Limit 5 for the mini mags. Sadly I don't think I will shoot any of it, any time soon.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                blubullett
                                Member
                                • May 2012
                                • 347

                                Originally posted by Clubhouse
                                Bass Pro Manteca had several 100/box today (6/27/13) around 3PM. Tried to get 4, their posted limit, but was told I could only have 1 since they consider the 100/box a bulk pack :-(.


                                I bought a 1000 rds of Winchester m-22, four of the 100 rd boxes of CCI mini mags and 1k CCI smal rife primers on saturday morning at Bass Pro Manteca. No one said a thing to me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1