So I went a little overboard on ammo recently...I bought 3000 rounds last week and I only have 1 bolt action 22 rifle. Out of curiosity, I listed a brick of blazer and a bucket on my local classifieds and said make me an offer. A guy just offered me $140 for both...Am I a total douche for accepting it? It's not terrible...1900 rounds for $140.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Ammo Finds - Post them here
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
-
Yes, you are. You should sell them to me at cost.So I went a little overboard on ammo recently...I bought 3000 rounds last week and I only have 1 bolt action 22 rifle. Out of curiosity, I listed a brick of blazer and a bucket on my local classifieds and said make me an offer. A guy just offered me $140 for both...Am I a total douche for accepting it? It's not terrible...1900 rounds for $140.
I bet a good 5-10% of this thread has been devoted to sellers/flippers/hoarders/should I/shouldn't I. Do what you want with your property. If you do something nice for someone, that counts too.sigpicComment
-
He offered $140; you didn't ask $140.So I went a little overboard on ammo recently...I bought 3000 rounds last week and I only have 1 bolt action 22 rifle. Out of curiosity, I listed a brick of blazer and a bucket on my local classifieds and said make me an offer. A guy just offered me $140 for both...Am I a total douche for accepting it? It's not terrible...1900 rounds for $140.
If I may quote Publilius Syrus, "Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it."Comment
-
Not in today's market. Only if you bought your components 4 or 5 years ago you could do it for .11 to .14 cents, but not today. Hazmat fees are to high. Unless you are using surplus powder and Wolf primers I guess you could come close to .14 cents.Comment
-
My M-22 1000 round pack just showed up today, leaves 1 brick of blazers on BO from Cabela's. Now I have to stop so I can get my car painted.Comment
-
X2. You're not obligated to say no.
If you wanted to make the guys day, agree on the price, then when you get there and do the deal - hand $20 back and say thanks.
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkComment
-
Is this sarcasm? Because If not it's quite rude.
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkComment
-
-
sigpicThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben FranklinComment
-
I took it as tongue in cheek when I saw it . Kind of like the ever popular "It's defective, send it to me for disposal."
$140 for that ammo is a pretty fair deal for both sides. You have a shot at getting $140 for just the bucket. So, it's a ways above retail but a ways below "full gouger."Comment
-
If there was anyone from San Diego wanting to do a good deed, this guy wants to take kids shooting this weekend and needs some 22 ammo, If I was closer I certainly would offer some for cost, same as I do for my friends.
Comment
-
Anyone get their federal 525 in today? Just wondering the condition it arivved mine was pretty rough to say the least.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using TapatalkComment
-
Glock 27, Sig Sauer P226, Glock 27Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,574
Posts: 25,149,387
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 31090 users online. 71 members and 31019 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment