Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo Finds - Post them here

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GoodahSP
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 535

    Originally posted by rfcgt
    http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...4&merchID=4006

    bucket o bullets 79 bucks with shipping

    FYI Gander post stock regularly between 9 and 10pm on Tue Wed or Thur
    Went OOS on me while I was going through the checkout process. Thanks for the heads up though and the stocking tip.

    Comment

    • fourtraxmc
      Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 399

      Originally posted by freethemouse
      Yeah. It's definitely very dirty. Cleaning them takes extra long because the crud gets EVERYWHERE and gets very sticky (FWIW, I run my Marlin 795 relatively dry as far as lube goes).

      Being unable to afford shooting in a lot of matches, I was thinking about doing Appleseed with my Marlin 795. But if this ammo is just going to cause a lot of hangups, I don't know if it'll be all that much fun.

      I think I would much rather be out shooting with some hang-ups, than not shooting at all.

      Comment

      • shooter41022
        Member
        • Jul 2013
        • 162

        bucket

        damn, says they are sold out now

        Comment

        • TetVet
          Member
          • Jul 2013
          • 117

          Originally posted by crufflers
          So you think maybe someone at Cabela's is taking the OUTER box and stuffing it full of some kind of bulk ammo and selling it as legit M-22 packs?
          Nope .. ah ain'ta thinkin' nuttin .. just reporting what I received .. from Cabela's .. 1,000 rounds in One box .. and a real boring PITA to rack out too . LOL .. so I just left he other boxes of M-22's sealed. I see now the M-22's at Ammofast are indeed .. 500 rounds .. not a deal for sure. The 1,000 round box is 6" long. Cheers!

          Comment

          • roger1022
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 2008

            Originally posted by freethemouse
            Thanks. On the picture, it says "New and Improved." Does anyone know if these are different than what they used to sell even just a few months ago?

            I picked up a couple bricks of these not long ago, and they are by FAR the dirtiest 22lr I've ever shot. It's causing quite a bit of FTE's in my Marlin 795, and I suspect that's largely due to the buildup of grit.

            Nonetheless, I'm wondering if I should pick up a bucket to take to Appleseed.
            The Golden Bullets are extremely dirty! I'm lefty and wear glasses. Last time I shot them at the range, my right shoulder and glasses were covered in unburned powder. Also the gun definitely needed a cleaning afterwords.

            However, they are cheap (for a reason) and my 15-22 eats them like candy so I'll keep buying them.
            You can give peace a chance...

            We'll cover you if it doesn't work out...

            Comment

            • jmbrown
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2013
              • 12

              Originally posted by Eljay
              Gunbot can be handy on relatively stable items but the really good deals, put it this way, by the time you're following the link the server is crashing because everybody else is clicking on it too but that's OK because it's already out of stock. If you really want to get ahead of the game you need to either be checking companies they don't (Graf's as an example) or check favorites companies often.

              I posted lots of SGAmmo deals before they were on gunbot back when I was running my script, but it's frustrating because maybe only a few people will see it here before it's on gunbot and then there's no point.
              Thanks, I hadn't heard of those online tools before but that makes sense that as soon as everyone can see a good deal they crash the site and explains why there are only expensive ammo in stock. I guess I'll have to get better about hunting for the deals. Although I've been out of the shooting game for a few years so its a little bit of a transition from the last time I bought .22 when I could walk in to big 5 and buy a brick of whatever cheep stuff was on sale for $20.

              Comment

              • Eljay
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 4985

                The good news is that if you watch this thread pretty decent deals come up fairly often. But you definitely have to recalibrate your notion of a good price...

                Comment

                • crufflers
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 12723

                  Originally posted by freethemouse
                  Yeah. It's definitely very dirty. Cleaning them takes extra long because the crud gets EVERYWHERE and gets very sticky (FWIW, I run my Marlin 795 relatively dry as far as lube goes).

                  Being unable to afford shooting in a lot of matches, I was thinking about doing Appleseed with my Marlin 795. But if this ammo is just going to cause a lot of hangups, I don't know if it'll be all that much fun.
                  If they keep running my 17-22 Glock conversion and my Walther P22 perfectly just like Mini-Mag Solids, I'm ok with that for about .05 per round. They didn't seem any dirtier than other .22 last time I was out, but I will have to see what the guns look like after I put 500-1000 through them in a session. I'm sure the Walther will have to be cleaned during the session if they are that dirty.

                  Comment

                  • dove_jj
                    Junior Member
                    • Aug 2013
                    • 44

                    I was able to order two of these.

                    Originally posted by thegreasepit

                    Comment

                    • G21Shooter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 3577

                      Originally posted by jmbrown
                      Wen I was scrounging for some .22 lr I found these ammo finder tools. Looks like they consolidate the in stock items from several distributors to one site. They seem convenient although they don't cover all of the same retailers because there are some differences between them. Although they showed some in stock items on sites I had not heard of and wouldn't have thought to look at.

                      Has anyone used these or similar tools and had any luck? Or are they too good to be true?





                      WikiArms - an easy way to track and find the lowest ammo and firearm prices. Browse the best deals, and see for your self.


                      http://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo?caliber=3
                      Gunbot works okay, but it is not magical and does not cover all big retailers. I have scored a few reasonably priced bricks of .22 lr on it, but you have to be lucky.

                      Comment

                      • G21Shooter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 3577

                        Originally posted by Pocket Rocket
                        Thanks for the heads up on the Bucket O' Bullets. Figured I'd buy some more 22 to cheer me up after the atrocious day in Sacramento.
                        I have had nothing but good luck with Remington Golden Bullets, they are reliable and accurate out of my 10/22, CMMG upper, MKIII, SR22, and AA G19 slide. My only regret is that I did not order more of them when I had a chance. Last summer I got a case for $220 shipped from SGammo. Wish I would have bought 50 cases...

                        Comment

                        • Mr. Beretta
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 6614

                          Originally posted by Eljay
                          But you definitely have to recalibrate your notion of a good price...

                          Agreed!

                          Comment

                          • jmbrown
                            Junior Member
                            • Jul 2013
                            • 12

                            Originally posted by Mr. Beretta
                            Agreed!
                            There's no dbout on that! The market has defiantly changed its just a shock after having my head under a rock for a wile.

                            Comment

                            • thegreasepit
                              Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 210

                              Originally posted by dove_jj
                              I was able to order two of these.
                              Same here.

                              I have my brother on stand-by to help with additional ammo purchases (even though he's a BIG gun-control advocate ) He's a good sport about it...and even a hell of a good shot!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1