Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Savage MKII FV-SR Build Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    GJC
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1864

    Looks awesome! Just finally put my MK FV-SR in jail.
    sigpic Rifleman Jan 31 2010
    Have You tried an Appleseed Lately? http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
    NRA Life Member

    Comment

    • #32
      rookie4life
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 73

      Nice setup! Looking forward to your range report!

      BTW, do you mind sharing where you bought the base rifle?

      Comment

      • #33
        defcon
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Aug 2011
        • 3006

        Originally posted by janus408
        Got a package today...








        whats the link for that top rail? id like to get one

        here's my MKII F
        .22LR AICS using a Savage MKII F

        finally got around to this conversion.

        3x9-50 scope
        M1A bipod
        CASV rail
        10/22 flash hider

        can someone recommend me where i can get that tri rail?

        thing i still need to do:

        add a new bolt handle
        add a barrel shroud to cover the thin pencil barrel
        add a tri rail


        _MG_4584 by defconskylude, on Flickr


        _MG_4581 by defconskylude, on Flickr


        _MG_4579 by defconskylude, on Flickr


        _MG_4583 by defconskylude, on Flickr

        Comment

        • #34
          Quickdraw Mcgraw
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 711

          Hey DEFCON that scope rail is actually factory installed on the FV-SR not sure if you can order it from the factory.

          Comment

          • #35
            JNunez23
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 2755

            Nice build Janus.
            sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
            John Wooden

            Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

            Comment

            • #36
              Falstaff
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 2317

              I have not taken my fv out for quite awhile, ( I started an old thread about accuracy problems I had with it) but one addition I made that really pumps up the fun factor are the 10 round magazines. I had only one 5 rounder that came with it, it broke after about 3-400 rounds (apparently a common problem) but the stainless 10 rounders seem much mo betta.

              Where can I get that stock you have for 75 ???

              Comment

              • #37
                janus408
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 859

                The base on the gun is stock, but I believe it is an EGW. I would recommend the DIP 25 or 20MOA rail, which is what I plan on upgrading to in the near future, in which case I will sell you the stock rail for next to nothing.

                I found my stock on Rimfirecentral for 75 shipped, got amazingly lucky with that, it was NIB never mounted.

                Comment

                • #38
                  defcon
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 3006

                  Originally posted by janus408
                  The base on the gun is stock, but I believe it is an EGW. I would recommend the DIP 25 or 20MOA rail, which is what I plan on upgrading to in the near future, in which case I will sell you the stock rail for next to nothing.

                  I found my stock on Rimfirecentral for 75 shipped, got amazingly lucky with that, it was NIB never mounted.
                  cool..

                  you got a link for the DIP 25 and 20 MOA rail?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    GJC
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 1864

                    Originally posted by defcon
                    cool..

                    you got a link for the DIP 25 and 20 MOA rail?
                    Here ya go

                    sigpic Rifleman Jan 31 2010
                    Have You tried an Appleseed Lately? http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
                    NRA Life Member

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      defcon
                      Vendor/Retailer
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 3006

                      Originally posted by GJC
                      so this will fit any MKII model? i have the MKII F.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        janus408
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 859

                        Originally posted by defcon
                        so this will fit any MKII model? i have the MKII F.
                        Yep.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          janus408
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 859

                          Today was the first time I got to shoot this thing extensively at 100 yards, I am up to about 200-300 rounds through it now. I am doing much better with it than I would think a .22lr would do at 100 yards, and this is my first bolt gun. I would love to see the groups a veteran shooter could get out of this thing.

                          I shot at SVRG, over at the rimfire section, at the steel drop disks at ~105-110 yards. Went 10 for 10 easily. They are 3-4 inches in diameter I think?

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            janus408
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 859

                            I finally got this thing out for a full day. Here is a grouping at 55-65 yards.

                            I was also able to hit an 12 inch x 18 inch plate at 200 yards with every round. Maxed out my elevation on my scope and still had to use the bottom mildot, so I will be getting a 25 MOA base here very, very soon. I was really amazed at how well it did at 200 meters/220 yards with the wind we had. Very, VERY happy with this rifle.





                            Oh, and the Swiss Range is the nicest, most beautiful range I have ever been to... those plates up the hill are amazing. And we were the only ones there all day.

                            Also found out I need 0 adjustment on my 5.45x39 AK out to 400m. That thing will blast steel all day.
                            Last edited by janus408; 12-31-2012, 7:52 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              fullspeed1
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 1908

                              These MKII are serious little tack drivers right out of the box. I am impressed with my FVSR's accuracy at 50yards with federal 525, as long as I do my part I can get dime size groups all day. Will be posting pics soon.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1