Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Izzy43
    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
    • Dec 2009
    • 2670

    Got out today to shoot the 50yd and 100yd scoped targets. 50yd scoped target score was 173, shot with the CZ Ultralux and Weaver 6.5-20x scope. Score on the 100yd target was 78, shot with the newest in the stable of guns, the Savage BVSS .17HMR and Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x scope.

    By the way anyone in the market for a scope should look at this Simmons scope @ Midwayusa.com. Sale is on until 11/30/2011, price is $109 + shipping and Simmons has a $20 rebate going. This scope is made in the Philipines, rumored to be the same factory thats producing the Nikon scopes.
    Last edited by Izzy43; 01-05-2012, 3:39 PM.

    Comment

    • Izzy43
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2670

      Originally posted by usmcchet9296
      Well after a forced break from the match last month I was able to shoehorn some time at the range today and show 25 and 50.
      25 yard scoped I shot 77
      Did you shoot the 25yd target with a scope mounted? Thought it was only for iron sights.

      Comment

      • usmcchet9296
        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
        • Feb 2008
        • 1834

        Originally posted by Izzy43
        Did you shoot the 25yd target with a scope mounted? Thought it was only for iron sights.
        Oh sorry shot the 25yard with my Kimber
        just a typo
        John P. Hermesmeyer
        U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
        Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
        sigpic
        Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
        In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

        Comment

        • Izzy43
          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
          • Dec 2009
          • 2670

          Originally posted by usmcchet9296
          Oh sorry shot the 25yard with my Kimber
          just a typo
          I thought that's probably what happened. Good shooting.

          Comment

          • TCWriter
            Member
            • Apr 2009
            • 108

            Originally posted by Izzy43
            Got out today to shoot the 50yd and 100yd scoped targets. 50yd scoped target score was 173, shot with the CZ Ultralux and Weaver 6.5-20x scope. Score on the 100yd target was 78, shot with the newest in the stable of guns, the Savage BVSS .17HMR and Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x scope.
            There's a couple inches of snow on the ground and it's 31 degrees as i write this, so while I was hoping for one more shot at that 50 yard target -- and Izzy's score of 73 -- the chances are looking pretty slim.

            Izzy, I'll see you in hell... 8-)

            Comment

            • Izzy43
              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
              • Dec 2009
              • 2670

              Originally posted by TCWriter
              There's a couple inches of snow on the ground and it's 31 degrees as i write this, so while I was hoping for one more shot at that 50 yard target -- and Izzy's score of 73 -- the chances are looking pretty slim.

              Izzy, I'll see you in hell... 8-)
              Hope you get a chance to shoot again. As far as seeing me in hell.....don't hold your breath, my wife says "bad weeds never die" so she says I'll be around for a long, long time.

              We got dusted with 2" of snow last night and was 26 degrees this morning. Warming up now so doubt the snow will last long. Happy Turkey Day!

              My local National Forest shooting range is still closed due to fire hazard (guess they haven't bothered to look out of the window and see the snow) so I/m driving 120 miles round trip to shoot. Yeah, I know, I'm addicted but costs less than drugs or alcohol

              Comment

              • covingtonhouse
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 2216

                Went up to Los Altos today and shot the 50 scoped with the Savage MKII BV. Managed a 174 with RWS R50. I was pretty disappointed with my shooting today. Does anyone else find single shot bulls troublesome?
                Last edited by covingtonhouse; 02-03-2012, 8:39 PM.
                "I don't work for you!" - Joe Biden
                LGBFJB

                "Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers

                Comment

                • usmcchet9296
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 1834

                  Originally posted by covingtonhouse
                  Does anyone else find single shot bulls troublesome?
                  Yes I hate these targets but SnS loves em.
                  John P. Hermesmeyer
                  U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                  Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                  sigpic
                  Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                  In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                  Comment

                  • Izzy43
                    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 2670

                    Originally posted by covingtonhouse
                    Went up to Los Altos today and shot the 50 scoped with the Savage MKII BV. Managed a 174 with RWS R50. I was pretty disappointed with my shooting today. Does anyone else find single shot bulls troublesome?
                    I think they are tough, for me at least, as its only one shot so a little more stress in each shot. Especially if you start out shooting good, then the pressure builds on each additional shot. I think it does help to show that each shot is just as important as the last. Consider that putting 5 rounds in 1/2" @ 50 yards is considered very good shooting and we are trying to hit a very small dot at the same range, time after time. I think its not supposed to be easy. I enjoy the challenge. Nice shooting by the way.

                    Comment

                    • covingtonhouse
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 2216

                      Thanks Izzy. Yeah... all the targets ae challenging, and I'm always learning. I have the same problem in archery too. It's a lot harder to hit multiple spots well, than to hit the same spot over and over for some reason. I'm wondering if this is something between the eye and muscle memory, or if it's just in my head. I've never researched it.
                      "I don't work for you!" - Joe Biden
                      LGBFJB

                      "Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers

                      Comment

                      • surfNshoot
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 1444

                        December Rimfire Match

                        Wow, I can't believe we are in December already. I hope to see more new shooters. I know some of you will be getting some new toys for Christmas. Let’s see what you can do with them. To the new shooters: don't be intimidated by the targets you see here. All the top guys you see were all in the newb shoes not too long ago. These are not custom bench guns you are shooting against ( I use a bull barrel 10/22). You can shoot this well and we are more than willing to help you. Please ask questions. Post targets and ask for criticism. We want to bring you up to the top level. The competitiveness is what makes it so fun.

                        November Winners

                        Great shooting guys!!!!!.

                        25 yard Irons: USMCCHET with a 77

                        50 yard Irons: USMCCHET with a 122

                        50 yard Scope: covingtonhouse with a 174

                        100 yard Iron:

                        100 yard Scope: Izzy with a 78


                        And now........ December's targets!!

                        Print all targets at 100%

                        25 yds irons:
                        See attachment below.
                        10 shots total. Take 2 shots at each target. Scoring: 12, 10, 9, etc.

                        50 Yards Scoped
                        See attachment below.
                        First Target is 12,10,9,8. Take 3 shots. If touching take your bonus points. The rest is gonna be a bit tricky. I really like this target and can't wait to see peoples results. This is a hostage target and you don't want to shoot the hostage or you get -points. Take one shot at each hostage situation. if you break into the hostage you lose all point and take the minus for what you hit. look closly before you shoot. Some its safer to take a head shot and some safer to take a body shot. You choose whats best for you.


                        50 yards Irons
                        See attachment below.
                        Take 5 shots on each target. 12pts for the X ring.

                        100 Yard Irons
                        Take 5 shots. centerring is 12 then 10, 9, 8, 7, etc.
                        See attachment below.

                        100 Yard Scoped
                        Head shot bonus!!
                        Take 5 shots center mass. Scoring 12,11,10,9, etc. then take a bonus head shot. Get it in the white and add 10 points. Miss the white. No bonus points.

                        Rules:
                        This is an online match. Print off the targets, shoot where and when you want. Come back and post your targets for those in your face bragging rights!! I do encourage meeting up with other match shooters. I shoot with USMCCHET at ASR range and anyone is welcome to join us. I'll post when I'm going next.


                        Bonus Point
                        Here is how it will work. This is only on targets that have multiple shots on one target We shoot the targets as normal and add up the scores like normal. The twist is we shoot for groups as well. For example, if we are shooting 5 shots on each target. If none of the 5 bullet holes are touching you get no bonus points. If two are touching you get 2 bonus points. If three are touching you get 3 bonus points on up to 5 bonus points for each target.

                        Very sorry for being late on this guys. I may need to ask for a backup person in case my work gets out of hand again. Any takers?
                        Last edited by surfNshoot; 08-03-2012, 2:52 PM.

                        Comment

                        • surfNshoot
                          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 1444

                          updated. sorry I made everyone miss a weekend day to shoot. Will work harder to get it on time. Man does life get in the way of fun some times.

                          Comment

                          • Gatotsu77
                            Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 262

                            Once my back starts cooperating.. I will find time to participate in one of these shoots. I'm still itching to test out my new scope. :P

                            Comment

                            • DeathByDoubleDip
                              Member
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 138

                              Never knew about these. Will attempt the 25yd and 50yd irons.
                              Javid: 30-30 is like 70c/rd, non-corrosive 54r is around a buck, 7.7 is $kidneys

                              "They should call Remington Golden Bullet .22 "Whore's Glitter", because that's all that's on your hands when you're done running several magazines of the stuff."

                              Comment

                              • surfNshoot
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 1444

                                Originally posted by Gatotsu77
                                Once my back starts cooperating.. I will find time to participate in one of these shoots. I'm still itching to test out my new scope. :P
                                Unfortunately I know what you mean. I've had to take a bit of a break from shooting. Been having some lower back issues of my own. Laying down prone really compresses my lower back. To bad paddling a surfboard puts me in the same position. gonna have to change my name from surfnshoot to bored as hell.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1