Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

10/22 Vs. 795

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    KTM RICK
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 564

    Never shot/owned a 795, I am sure its a good gun. I have the 10/22, I have had it for about 10 years and shot about 10 thousand rounds thru it (probably more!) never had a lick of trouble with it, never realy cleaned it, just a brush down the barrel once in a while and a spray cleaner/lube inside the chamber. I have rappid fired it many times just to watch the dust fly! I dont think you can break these guns. I was thinking about getting another to replace it when it does break, but it just keeps on eating ammo. If the price is a issue get the 795, I am sold on the 10/22. Just my 2 cents.

    Comment

    • #32
      chrisf
      Banned
      • Aug 2011
      • 6501

      Id go with the 10/22. But its up to you :-)

      Comment

      • #33
        EdCo
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 864

        Get both

        Comment

        • #34
          pennys dad
          Arizona Ex-Pat
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Feb 2008
          • 5984

          i have booth. My first was the 795. It is my go to rifle, i know I would hit what I aimed at. Now I also have a 1022 and SR22 both are excellent shooters and I am confident with either in my ability to hit. Buy both
          Pennys Dad

          Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

          Comment

          • #35
            Mossy Man
            Calguns Addict
            • Jun 2011
            • 7641

            I own a 10/22

            lots of aftermarket options

            both for performance and for fun

            if you get one, you won't be disappointed

            Comment

            • #36
              trob
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 1881

              Originally posted by jbush
              Isn't this what people do to a 10/22. Stock 10/22 has bad trigger, so so barrel that's why people add 6 or 8 hundred dollars to it. First they dump the barrel then rework or dump the trigger group. I know, I'm one of those suckers with a 900 dollar 10/22. Shoots awesome, and I'm not sorry at all that I built it, but all thats left is a factory receiver, trigger, bolt have been reworked and the stock and barrel replaced. If your looking for an out of the box shooter, my neighbors 795 feels a little cheesy to me, but shoots just as good as my stock 10/22
              I agree. But, I think if you spend the same total amount, the 10/22 will be superior. The 795 is very accurate out of the box and it serves it's purpose well. I bought one for a novice shooter, but I guess what I'm saying is that it isn't what I prsonally look for in a rifle.
              Last edited by trob; 11-24-2011, 8:28 PM.

              Comment

              • #37
                ElvenSoul
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Apr 2008
                • 17431

                I have always wondered why Norinco does not get into this game? You would think Semi Auto 22LR would be their bread and butter.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #38
                  drifter2be
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 2177

                  Originally posted by Lex
                  Ok,

                  Turner's has them on sale for $109 after MFR rebate and Big 5 has it for $124 after rebate. Hmmmmmm I cant decide...LOL.... Might just going to pick up two and do some testing between the two rivals.
                  Was about to drive to Turners in the morning, but then I saw your post and looked it up, Big 5 is about 35 miles closer than the nearest Turners, so I will deal with their idiot policies like 11 day wait and save myself half a tank of gas between the trip to buy and the later trip to pick up. Was having the 10/22 795 debate myself, after reading up, its an accurate rifle, will do what I want it to and there are plenty of options for different stocks available. Not planning on going crazy or over the top, but nice to know there are a few options out there if I feel the need to change the factory stock.
                  Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L Mencken
                  Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo

                  "Moms Demand Action" sounds less like a gun control group and more like the title of a porn flick from the mid-90s.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    trob
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 1881

                    Originally posted by drifter2be
                    Was about to drive to Turners in the morning, but then I saw your post and looked it up, Big 5 is about 35 miles closer than the nearest Turners, so I will deal with their idiot policies like 11 day wait and save myself half a tank of gas between the trip to buy and the later trip to pick up. Was having the 10/22 795 debate myself, after reading up, its an accurate rifle, will do what I want it to and there are plenty of options for different stocks available. Not planning on going crazy or over the top, but nice to know there are a few options out there if I feel the need to change the factory stock.
                    In that case, the 795 is perfect for ya. Enjoy.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      FUBAR
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2010
                      • 2453

                      I had both as well. I sold the 10/22 because I couldn't stand the fact that it didn't have hold the bolt open on the last shot. Also the bolt hold/release is just awkward. The 795 has a more traditional manual of arms which I'm more comfortable with. I know you can mod the 10/22 to the teeth but I just want a fun accurate rifle thats cheap to shoot. IMO the 795 is the best bang for the buck.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        pontiacpratt
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 1663

                        For $99 I couldn't pass up the 795. It's a fun shooter. I kinda wish I had gotten a 60 but again for $99 how could you go wrong.
                        A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.
                        -Marko Kloos

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Mossy Man
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 7641

                          can't be worse than the remington 522 viper

                          worst rifle EVER

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            enegue
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 863

                            Originally posted by FUBAR
                            I had both as well. I sold the 10/22 because I couldn't stand the fact that it didn't have hold the bolt open on the last shot. Also the bolt hold/release is just awkward. The 795 has a more traditional manual of arms which I'm more comfortable with. I know you can mod the 10/22 to the teeth but I just want a fun accurate rifle thats cheap to shoot. IMO the 795 is the best bang for the buck.
                            The lack of a last shot open is pretty annoying, but once I found out that it's not harmful to dry-fire the Ruger 10/22 since the firing pin never strikes the chamber, it was less of an issue. But yeah, I don't know why they did that.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Mossy Man
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 7641

                              Originally posted by enegue
                              The lack of a last shot open is pretty annoying, but once I found out that it's not harmful to dry-fire the Ruger 10/22 since the firing pin never strikes the chamber, it was less of an issue. But yeah, I don't know why they did that.
                              probably some cost-cutting measure

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Socalmedix
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 1675

                                Originally posted by pontiacpratt
                                For $99 I couldn't pass up the 795. It's a fun shooter. I kinda wish I had gotten a 60 but again for $99 how could you go wrong.
                                Where is it $99
                                sigpic


                                Originally posted by willerfortheworld
                                Why buy a glock, drive a Honda, and drink budlight when you can buy a cz, drive a Subaru and drink heineken?
                                Priceless

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1