Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How wrong does this look on 10/22?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dandechino
    Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 384

    How wrong does this look on 10/22?



    Still waiting for sling. The rifle was a hand-me-down and it looks like he drilled this hole in the stock already a long time ago... don't judge me...

    NRA member

    Gun Facts PDF | Gun Safety Laws

    "You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." -Robert Heinlein

    "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but through me." - Jesus in John 14:6
  • #2
    760knox
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 1395

    So wrong it blurred the first pic, jk. What it comes down to is, does it work?
    YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSS...ms0ymGBQt_Jtdw

    Comment

    • #3
      Chaos47
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2010
      • 6615

      You can pick up a used (many times new out of the box practically) factory stock pretty easy. People are always upgrading their stock and barrel on these

      Comment

      • #4
        dandechino
        Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 384

        Originally posted by Chaos47
        You can pick up a used (many times new out of the box practically) factory stock pretty easy. People are always upgrading their stock and barrel on these
        It's that bad huh?

        NRA member

        Gun Facts PDF | Gun Safety Laws

        "You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." -Robert Heinlein

        "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but through me." - Jesus in John 14:6

        Comment

        • #5
          Chaos47
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2010
          • 6615

          No its not that bad.
          If you got it for free why not drop a lil cash on it and get a better stock anyways?
          Shop hardwood gunstocks for any make, model, and action with the Boyds Gunstock Configurator. Choose from several wood and finish options.

          Comment

          • #6
            TheExpertish
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 3451

            It looks goofy but it could be worse.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by starsnuffer
            It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

            Comment

            • #7
              dg29
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 1134

              It looks real wrong to me. I can't tell by the photo but is the stock birch,or walnut? If it's birch you could easily purchase another one for very little cost. If it's a walnut stock that's another story since they are getting harder to find.

              Comment

              • #8
                ojisan
                Agent 86
                CGN Contributor
                • Apr 2008
                • 11782



                What has been seen, cannot be un-seen.

                Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                Comment

                • #9
                  imtheomegaman
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 1354

                  Originally posted by ojisan


                  What has been seen, cannot be un-seen.
                  Oji, look at your sig picture! LOL

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Peter.Steele
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 7351

                    Originally posted by dg29
                    It looks real wrong to me. I can't tell by the photo but is the stock birch,or walnut? If it's birch you could easily purchase another one for very little cost. If it's a walnut stock that's another story since they are getting harder to find.

                    heh

                    That's why my walnut stock is sitting in my closet, undrilled, and my spare crappy birch stock has the sling stud for the bipod mount.
                    NRA Life Member

                    No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      dandechino
                      Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 384

                      well the hole has always been there. I can just drill another one. lol

                      NRA member

                      Gun Facts PDF | Gun Safety Laws

                      "You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." -Robert Heinlein

                      "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but through me." - Jesus in John 14:6

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dg29
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 1134

                        Originally posted by Peter.Steele
                        heh

                        That's why my walnut stock is sitting in my closet, undrilled, and my spare crappy birch stock has the sling stud for the bipod mount.
                        Birch???? I aint got not stinkin birch. I was just looking at some extra stocks the other day and I have three walnut carbines and a walnut Deluxe for extras. I thought about parting with one of them but the figure in the grain on the walnut is just too nice. I guess that I'm just a certified hoarder. As a side note, there is a barrel/stock clamp that has a stud in it that accepts a sling swivel.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          calibanman
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 625

                          That thing is so fugly, box it up and send it to me. Ha I kid I kid, I got a stock taking up room in my safe if you want it for free99. Lmk.
                          Cheers

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SoCalXD
                            Senior Member
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 969

                            Looks ok, and might just give you better accuracy than the barrel band mounted version that most ppl use (downward pressure on the barrel band might have an effect on accuracy).

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Merc1138
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 19742

                              Originally posted by SoCalXD
                              Looks ok, and might just give you better accuracy than the barrel band mounted version that most ppl use (downward pressure on the barrel band might have an effect on accuracy).
                              Umm, wouldn't downward pressure on the stock that's attached to the barrel via the barrel band do the same thing? If anything being further forward would give a sling more leverage to apply pressure to the barrel.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1