Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR lower with .22 upper

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    deviljon
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 2513

    That looks good, makes me even more sure I'll be going through with the purchase.

    Ive got the Magpul MOE stock, trigger guard, and a 10/20 PMAG all in ODG. The only thing I don't really like is how the short mags look so the pmag is most likely going to be operated on to house a CMMG 10 rounder.

    Anyone have pics with a quadrail hand guard installed?

    Comment

    • #17
      lagann
      Member
      • May 2010
      • 102

      Originally posted by Stanksbeamen
      Anything in particular that you'd like to see? I can take a picture of it and post up here. Purchased my upper from Dave here and have nothing but good things to say!

      Here's my upper:
      M4LEP-SS bolt/collar, functioning forward assit and anodized to match lower
      Revolution handguards REV 13A
      3 GenII mags
      I also purchased the Bolt Hold Open Actuator.

      I got a couple of questions if you dont mind.

      1)How do you like the rev handguard? Would buying a free float handguard make it more accurate? I am undecided as to which handguard to put...atm i was thinking the Midwest Industries T-Series Free Float Handguard

      2)What size barrel is that? it looks like 18 inch barrel to me...though i could be wrong.

      3)How is the BHO working so far? and how do you like the genII mags?

      4)What accuracy with bulk pack ammo have you gotten? I primarily use and plan to use federal bulk packs.

      5)reliability?

      6)lastly, how does it compare with all the other tactical .22's? if you have tested or owned others of course.

      Thanks!

      Comment

      • #18
        shadow65
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 1301

        The Gen ll Modular 10 round mags are available in long and short skins.

        Free floats will generally see benifits for longer range shooting. But it certainly does not hurt to free float. I free float nearly all my builds.

        My 20" and M4 LE 16" both shoot under 1" at 50 yards with a stock barrel and 4x scope.

        Copper wash ammo is recommended for plinking.
        For accuracy, I've had good luck with Wolf MT and Eley EPS

        The CMMG Evolution uppers have been the best running .22's I have ever run, including my 10/22.
        I've tested other manufacturers uppers and as you can see, they no longer produce them. You can't help someone who already knows everything.

        The CMMG's are made with the same upper parts as the 5.56. No plastic receivers, pot metal or Zinc parts. You could pull the barrel, put in a 5.56 barrel and be ready to rock.
        All AR accessories will fit including drop in or free float rails.
        Dave
        Last edited by shadow65; 10-20-2011, 5:57 AM.
        Independent Field Tester/Research and Developement

        Better to die for something than live for nothing

        Comment

        • #19
          ejhc11
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 1214

          Here is mine's simple setup, MOE furniture, RRA carry handle for the rear A2 sight. The rail height of the RRA is perfect for co-witness on a Bushnell TRS-25.

          Comment

          • #20
            NorCalDustin
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 1463

            Originally posted by shadow65
            The Gen ll Modular 10 round mags are available in long and short skins.

            Free floats will generally see benifits for longer range shooting. But it certainly does not hurt to free float. I free float nearly all my builds.

            My 20" and M4 LE 16" both shoot under 1" at 50 yards with a stock barrel and 4x scope.

            Copper wash ammo is recommended for plinking.
            For accuracy, I've had good luck with Wolf MT and Eley EPS

            The CMMG Evolution uppers have been the best running .22's I have ever run, including my 10/22.
            I've tested other manufacturers uppers and as you can see, they no longer produce them. You can't help someone who already knows everything.

            The CMMG's are made with the same upper parts as the 5.56. No plastic receivers, pot metal or Zinc parts. You could pull the barrel, put in a 5.56 barrel and be ready to rock.
            All AR accessories will fit including drop in or free float rails.
            Dave
            All true... They're pimp.
            Originally posted by BannedinBritain
            The only dumb question is the one you don't ask...and get arrested for later.

            Comment

            • #21
              Stanksbeamen
              Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 232

              Originally posted by lagann
              I got a couple of questions if you dont mind.

              1)How do you like the rev handguard? Would buying a free float handguard make it more accurate? I am undecided as to which handguard to put...atm i was thinking the Midwest Industries T-Series Free Float Handguard

              2)What size barrel is that? it looks like 18 inch barrel to me...though i could be wrong.

              3)How is the BHO working so far? and how do you like the genII mags?

              4)What accuracy with bulk pack ammo have you gotten? I primarily use and plan to use federal bulk packs.

              5)reliability?

              6)lastly, how does it compare with all the other tactical .22's? if you have tested or owned others of course.

              Thanks!
              1) I purchased this handguard so i can attach parts to the rail like vertical grip etc. I know nothing about freefloat handguards, sorry.
              2)Barrel is 16in.
              3)BHO worked everytime yesterday but once. GenII mags are solid, dropped one of them yesterday and didnt show any damage.
              4)I've only shot it once and used winchester ammo, still have to sight it in. Yesterday was just a quick shoot to make sure it all works together.
              5)I purchased this upper for its reputation for reliability and I'm sure it wont let me down.
              6)This is my first personal weapon so no other info from me...

              Comment

              • #22
                lagann
                Member
                • May 2010
                • 102

                Originally posted by ejhc11
                Here is mine's simple setup, MOE furniture, RRA carry handle for the rear A2 sight. The rail height of the RRA is perfect for co-witness on a Bushnell TRS-25.
                http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/a.../AR15/ARRF.jpg
                Awesome rifle!

                I was actually also thinking of putting a plum crazy lower into the upper. Did you have to put the blow back hammer for it to work?

                Comment

                • #23
                  Ricky-Ray
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 3161

                  If you get the CMMG upper your going to need to get the narrow blowback hammer for the Plum Crazy Lower. I'm waiting on the narrow hammer right now from Plum Crazy. I've been emailing them every week to see if its in yet. That's the only piece that I need to complete my AR 22 build.... grrrrrrr
                  Ray

                  "If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    triplestack3
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 1286

                    Stainless is the way to go... get all the bells and whistles - you'll be happy that you did. The Gen II mags are great. Took a little bit of effort to load when they were brand spankin new, but now they've loosened up a little bit and they work nicely. Also very nice to be able to see ammo in the smoke mag body. I have a total of 4 CMMG uppers and so far been very happy both with the purchases and the support that came with it.

                    Here's something I threw together last week (AR-22 pistol):

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      ejhc11
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 1214

                      Originally posted by lagann
                      Awesome rifle!

                      I was actually also thinking of putting a plum crazy lower into the upper. Did you have to put the blow back hammer for it to work?

                      Thanks lagaan but I would just get a regular lower. The price of lowers Aero Precision, Palmetto are sooo reasonably priced nowadays you don't need to get the Plum Crazy. Nothing wrong with the Plum Crazy but its same priced for a metal lower.

                      Also, I didn't get a narrow blow back hammer, the Plum Crazy is all plastic and as a plastic model hobbyist I just shaved and sanded down the hammer to fit!

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        shadow65
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 1301

                        Very nice.
                        I think some believe I push the CMMG because I order them for guys.
                        If I did not believe and had proved to myself how reliable these were, I wouldn't waste my time.
                        This isn't the only company I do testing for. But this is the only one I've tested that I recommend. Others just did not have the quality, reliability, price point, and available options of the Evolution. Top that with outstanding customer support.
                        There will always be someone who gets one or a part with issues. But when customer service takes care of the issue, that tells me that the company also believes in their product.
                        I've worked with CMMG on the Evolution for the last two years. Many changes have been made. Some that failed, you never saw.
                        It's aggrevatining when something takes so long to be released but if we can't make it run reliably, you won't see it.
                        The old style BHOA mags are an example. Mine all worked and still work. I have one follower blow apart after 12000 rounds. But the later ones were crap. So they were discontinued and re designed to the Gen ll mag. You have no idea how much work/R & D went into those. But now we have a mag that with any amount of care, will last a lifetime. I worked hard to get the 10 round mags released to my California brothers. CMMG just released them to back orders yesterday.
                        The 25 rd are still held up, trying to get the correct spring.
                        Enjoy guys and thanks for the support!
                        Dave
                        Independent Field Tester/Research and Developement

                        Better to die for something than live for nothing

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          lagann
                          Member
                          • May 2010
                          • 102

                          Originally posted by ejhc11
                          Thanks lagaan but I would just get a regular lower. The price of lowers Aero Precision, Palmetto are sooo reasonably priced nowadays you don't need to get the Plum Crazy. Nothing wrong with the Plum Crazy but its same priced for a metal lower.

                          Also, I didn't get a narrow blow back hammer, the Plum Crazy is all plastic and as a plastic model hobbyist I just shaved and sanded down the hammer to fit!
                          The problem for me at least is that i cannot in my life get a reasonably priced lower nor FFL transfer here in the bay area.

                          So now im trying to look at the private firearms section in the forums to buy one.

                          I thought that the plum crazy lower would be a perfect fit for a dedicated .22 rifle. Im not planning to use the lower for anything else.

                          Although now that you mention it, i will search for other cheap lowers i can find.

                          and awesome idea about shaving down the hammer....why didnt i think of that!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            lagann
                            Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 102

                            Originally posted by shadow65
                            Very nice.
                            I think some believe I push the CMMG because I order them for guys.
                            If I did not believe and had proved to myself how reliable these were, I wouldn't waste my time.
                            This isn't the only company I do testing for. But this is the only one I've tested that I recommend. Others just did not have the quality, reliability, price point, and available options of the Evolution. Top that with outstanding customer support.
                            There will always be someone who gets one or a part with issues. But when customer service takes care of the issue, that tells me that the company also believes in their product.
                            I've worked with CMMG on the Evolution for the last two years. Many changes have been made. Some that failed, you never saw.
                            It's aggrevatining when something takes so long to be released but if we can't make it run reliably, you won't see it.
                            The old style BHOA mags are an example. Mine all worked and still work. I have one follower blow apart after 12000 rounds. But the later ones were crap. So they were discontinued and re designed to the Gen ll mag. You have no idea how much work/R & D went into those. But now we have a mag that with any amount of care, will last a lifetime. I worked hard to get the 10 round mags released to my California brothers. CMMG just released them to back orders yesterday.
                            The 25 rd are still held up, trying to get the correct spring.
                            Enjoy guys and thanks for the support!
                            Dave
                            Actually....thank YOU for your support!

                            It shows that you really like the cmmg products and i have no reason to doubt you. I can really see your enthusiasm on their products through your posts and thats what its important to me. I know that when i receive the upper i ordered, that it was tested by good people who care and if i run into any problems...i will be taken care of.

                            You were really helpful with my ordering process....as complicated as it was

                            You guys just have too many options!

                            Good thing i ran into the cmmg .22 products too. I was beginning to lose hope on all tactical .22's...or .22's in general.

                            My first .22 was the biggest lemon of all 10/22's in its whole history. It just wouldnt cycle ammo reliably....

                            My second .22 was the gsg5, which was good but a little too fragile.

                            Now hoping third times the charm

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              shadow65
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 1301

                              Break it in with Federal or Winchester Bulk pack 36 gr copper wash ammo sold at Walmart. Not the most accurate ammo but these .22 uppers were designed around it. Later you can run just about anything. Mine will even cycle Remington Subs until it gets too gunked up to run.

                              I'm always here to help.
                              Dave N
                              Independent Field Tester/Research and Developement

                              Better to die for something than live for nothing

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                NorCalDustin
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 1463

                                Originally posted by triplestack3
                                Stainless is the way to go... get all the bells and whistles - you'll be happy that you did. The Gen II mags are great. Took a little bit of effort to load when they were brand spankin new, but now they've loosened up a little bit and they work nicely. Also very nice to be able to see ammo in the smoke mag body. I have a total of 4 CMMG uppers and so far been very happy both with the purchases and the support that came with it.

                                Here's something I threw together last week (AR-22 pistol):
                                I hope that has a bullet button...

                                AR-22 Pistols must have Bullet Buttons in California, Rifles do not need them.
                                Originally posted by BannedinBritain
                                The only dumb question is the one you don't ask...and get arrested for later.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1