Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.22 AR-15 Style Rifle Buying Recommandation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    SoCalG
    Banned
    • Feb 2011
    • 89

    Originally posted by Peter.Steele
    The sights definitely have a cool factor bonus over the M&P's stock A2 style sight. Question, though. Serious question, not sarcastic: is the lower on this made the same way, same materials, etc., as the lower on the Umarex-Colt offerings?
    Peter - I don't know for sure, but from the reading I've done on this rifle, they re-did the rifle because of the previous issues with a similar Umarex-Colt model. I have no complaints on the rifle. For me, the Hk rifle has alot of options that the M&P didn't have. (match grade barrel, built in sling loops, storage in the butt stock and pistol grip, better sights, better butt stock, etc...)
    Last edited by SoCalG; 07-13-2011, 5:49 PM. Reason: spelling

    Comment

    • #17
      SoCalG
      Banned
      • Feb 2011
      • 89

      Originally posted by 97F1504RAD
      The HK is made by Umarex.

      http://www.hk22rimfire.com/
      That's the one

      Comment

      • #18
        Safra460
        Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 306

        Get the JP 22LR http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.15_22LR.php
        Need a lower to make it complete.

        Uses Nordic Components 22 rim fire action and barrel and duplicate a JP-15 upper assembly in 18" LW contour, exactly like the centerfire version with perfectly blended JPTRE-2S comp and a .750 profile to the muzzle. Weight and handling characteristics are virtually identical to our most popular centerfire match configuration

        Comment

        • #19
          kevroPn
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 7

          smith and wesson m&p 15-22! i put a few thousand rounds through mine with no problems at all. what i like most is adding ar accessories on it like magpul stock,grips,etc. definitely worth the money and if you can fine the 15-22 MOE, even better! good luck.
          Only the dead have seen the end of war.

          Comment

          • #20
            DaveFJ80
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 2066

            At the EBR Rimfire Match, the majority of the people I saw had 15-22 rifles (then 10/22 rifles.... but more 15-22 rifles than the Colt M4 or even AR-22 rifles).

            I did not see one 15-22 have any type of failure, while I saw a Colt and a few AR-22 rifles have problems (one AR-22 even failed when a part broke and the owner would no longer use it to compete).


            Whether or not you choose to get a 15-22, point is they are great working horse and will cycle pretty much everything, with little to no issues.

            Comment

            • #21
              Smitherines
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 41

              Originally posted by Peter.Steele
              This. M&P 15-22 is the best one going right now.





              I agree! Have had mine for about 6 months at it has performed quite well. Lots of fun...

              Comment

              • #22
                Dario562
                Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 174

                Originally posted by SoCalG
                Peter - I don't know for sure, but from the reading I've done on this rifle, they re-did the rifle because of the previous issues with a similar Umarex-Colt model. I have no complaints on the rifle. For me, the Hk rifle has alot of options that the M&P didn't have. (match grade barrel, built in sling loops, storage in the butt stock and pistol grip, better sights, better butt stock, etc...)
                The M&P 15-22 MOE (Magpul Original Equipment) has upgraded stock, grip, sights, and integrated flash suppressor. And yes, it is legal in CA, if you get the 10 round magazine.

                Comment

                • #23
                  santamonica9
                  In Memoriam
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 1475

                  Originally posted by DaveFJ80
                  At the EBR Rimfire Match, the majority of the people I saw had 15-22 rifles (then 10/22 rifles.... but more 15-22 rifles than the Colt M4 or even AR-22 rifles).

                  I did not see one 15-22 have any type of failure, while I saw a Colt and a few AR-22 rifles have problems (one AR-22 even failed when a part broke and the owner would no longer use it to compete).


                  Whether or not you choose to get a 15-22, point is they are great working horse and will cycle pretty much everything, with little to no issues.
                  if your not going the AR lower with a conversion .22like the CMMG others stated - you cant go wrong with with the M&P 15-22, I LOVE my MOE version
                  I mainly shoot .22lr, 9mm,45 acp, 357 & 38, 12G, 7.62x39, .308, .223/556, 7.62x54r, 300 win mag, 8x57
                  God Bless USA

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    donw
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 1754

                    Originally posted by shadow65
                    I would get a 5.56 AR first, then get a dedicated .22 upper.
                    CMMG with stainless bolt has been the most reliable and has the best features plus made from real AR parts that I have found. No plastic upper receivers. Put together just like a standard AR so if you ever want to change or add something, you just use most anything an AR would use.
                    Dave N
                    +1...sorta...

                    i purchased a Spikes Tactical ST-22 and got the 5.56 uppers to go with it. the lowers are marked for a dedicated .22lr but accept ANY AR15 based uppers.

                    i did not have to have the BB incorporated in the lowers as it is the dedicated .22lr, but i purchased one for use with the 5.56 uppers.

                    the ST-22 is no longer available and i don't know if spikes is planning to put them back into their line-up.

                    my ST-22 runs on ANY ammo I've fed it after i cleaned it thoroughly.

                    the CMMG was to be my next choice had i not been able to get the Spikes Tactical.
                    Last edited by donw; 07-25-2011, 8:18 AM.
                    NRA life member, US Army Veteran

                    i am a legend in my own mind...

                    we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

                    "The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      vparra1
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 21

                      +1 morefor the M&P 15-22. I've had mine doe a few months with absolutely no issues. It will eat through the federal bulk ammo with no hick ups. The HK 416 is sweet looking but the fake bolt release is a big turn off. I love my M&P. The sig 522 is also bad ***.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        ararar
                        Junior Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 11

                        It seems the 15-22 MOE is hard to find! No one seems to have it in stock and everyone is backordered!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1