Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

sig mosquito

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    MaHoTex
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2010
    • 5002

    I got the original Sig Metal mags for a good price from either midway or CTD, can not remember now.

    You are right about the Federals making it a virtual single shot pistol. Do not even waste your time loading those in the magazines.
    NRA Life Member

    sigpic

    Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

    "If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards

    Comment

    • #62
      Fishslayer
      In Memoriam
      • Jan 2010
      • 13035

      Originally posted by longarmshortlegs
      I had some bad luck with Remington Golden Bullets in my 10/22. Shot through a box of 550 as fast as I could (inbetween malfunctions). In the past I've shot them in other guns without problems. After the experience with my 10/22 I cursed them. I read that others had problems with them, and I think that it made me pay more attention to the failures that may have came with the .22lr territory. Then I read that some people were lucky with them in the Mosquito. I bit the bullet and purchased antoher box, and to my surprise they were excellent. I had one failure (round was stuck in top of mag).
      I think about a year ago (maybe more) I read about some bad lots of Golden Bullet. So far the SIG likes them as does my 10/22. Still get a couple duds per hundred. Since Mini Mag costs almost as much as my 9mm handloads I can live with that.

      Almost forgot... the wife's Mozzie with a new pair of shoes.

      Last edited by Fishslayer; 07-14-2011, 5:32 PM.
      "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
      You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
      You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


      Originally Posted by JackRydden224
      I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
      Originally posted by redcliff
      A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

      Comment

      • #63
        pennys dad
        Arizona Ex-Pat
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Feb 2008
        • 5984

        I would like to get the Sig Mosquito Sporter but I found out its not on our retarded CA list. So i think BJL333 should sell me his
        Pennys Dad

        Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

        Comment

        • #64
          nickarino
          Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 160

          try polishing the feed ramp. I did this and now it will eat any ammo I put through it without a problem. I have gone through a ton of federal bulk from walmart in particular. It is a really fun gun!

          Comment

          • #65
            MaHoTex
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2010
            • 5002

            Sound like a good excuse to go buy a Dremel! Though, truth be known, I need another tool like I need another hole in my head. Argh.

            Dang Fish, that Sig looks totally badarse!
            NRA Life Member

            sigpic

            Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

            "If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards

            Comment

            • #66
              m4bako
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 31

              Originally posted by wc12
              I bought this and it works very well with my sig mosquito.

              http://www.shopdunns.com/products/18...ity_22lr_case/


              same those cci blazer fire 99% I even use the strong spring that lower the chances of weak strikes and in my case did not increase any eject problems!!!

              Do a test very carefully!! field strip and place a round of different .22 in the chamber and you will see how easy or hard they go in and out.

              the Blazers are like waxed and they go easy in and out, the Remington and federal bulk rounds get stuck in my gun and obviolsly they fail a lot more in the range, the blazers are like cci minimag but lead bullets

              I did polish the ramp but did not polish the chamber intensionally but after 10,000 rounds and wire brushed 100 times that gun I think the chamber has worn out just a mil enough to work so good.!!

              I read that people send their mosquitos to sig and in the report sig stated to polish ramp and chamber, I do not know how to polish the chamber but if all the rounds in your test are too tight get sig or a smithgun to polish the chamber to specs as well.

              take apart the magazines and check inside for roughly finished metallic surface, burrs and smooth all that.


              and if you stay only with this blazer round then do not let lead build inside the barrel, I was using a snake and soft brush the first 5000 round but one day the snake metal pig did not go through, I look and it was shiny it was lead perfectly melt around the barrel, So I start using wire brush and checking for lead.

              good plinking.


              careful with the live round testing

              Comment

              • #67
                quarterscalelegends
                Member
                • Jul 2011
                • 115

                we purchased one of these just about a month ago. We cleaned it and ran mini mags through it. About 600 rounds so far and yet to have one failure. Fantastic gun. Just read the directions because it outlines cleaning and ammo use. They recommend only mini mags.

                Comment

                • #68
                  Domingo
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 1297

                  my son is loving his new gun
                  another 100 mini mags threw it
                  only one stove pipe Im begining to like this
                  mosquito after all.
                  he was double tapping it and love it
                  I will continue to report as we shot it
                  we ran some more of the remington gold the gun does not
                  like them Im will not buy any more remington gold

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    Fishslayer
                    In Memoriam
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 13035

                    Originally posted by Domingo
                    we ran some more of the remington gold the gun does not
                    like them Im will not buy any more remington gold
                    Run a few hundred more of the Mini Mags through it & try the Goldens again.
                    Maybe try the Federal bulk. I found out this weekend that my Ruger loves the Feds more than the Rems. Ya just never know with .22 autoloaders.

                    I run auto assembly lube on the rails and CorrosionX everywhere else. The slide requires very little effort to rack.
                    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                    Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                    I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                    Originally posted by redcliff
                    A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      Fishslayer
                      In Memoriam
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 13035

                      Originally posted by MaHoTex
                      Dang Fish, that Sig looks totally badarse!
                      Huh. I was gonna post up the link for those grips but it appears they've quit selling them on their website and now just have the stippled grips. I got the checkered walnut for the wife.



                      You could call & ask. They still have checkered type on Gunbroker. Seems they've upped their price a bit since I bought mine.
                      "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                      You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                      You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                      Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                      I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                      Originally posted by redcliff
                      A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        santamonica9
                        In Memoriam
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 1475

                        so still nothing for my stiff mosquito trigger
                        I mainly shoot .22lr, 9mm,45 acp, 357 & 38, 12G, 7.62x39, .308, .223/556, 7.62x54r, 300 win mag, 8x57
                        God Bless USA

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          Foriegn power
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 1035

                          Not to be an a hole, but when I was looking for a .22 pistol I wanted something that shot cheap ammo, and kept of shooting and shooting like the energizer bunny. And after doing research and reading threads like these, with responses from first hand Sig Mosquito owners I bought a Ruger .22 pistol instead. I did not want to spend $6.47+ for 50 rounds of high quality .22LR and needed to clean it regularly to keep it shooting. Those are my factors for not buying the Sig.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Domingo
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 1297

                            Mosquito update
                            my son just put about 300 cci blazer
                            and the mosquito likes them
                            total rounds
                            500 cci mini mag $6.99 per 100
                            300 cci blazer $16.99 per 525(bulk) Ill buy this ones again
                            200 remington golden bullet (Im going to stay away from this one)

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              santamonica9
                              In Memoriam
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 1475

                              so after polishing the feed ramp and other critical spots those Remington Golden Turds starting working without the failures it had before. The main thing for mine was the little bump on the feed ramp to the barrel. thanks everyone for your ideas/help

                              Im going to try a true test of all the bulk boxes I usually buy on the Zombie Hunt/BLM trip coming up in So Cal - all Calguners are welcome to come. Check the "shoots & Meets" threads
                              I mainly shoot .22lr, 9mm,45 acp, 357 & 38, 12G, 7.62x39, .308, .223/556, 7.62x54r, 300 win mag, 8x57
                              God Bless USA

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                loose_electron
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 784

                                One additional suggestion -

                                After the gun has been run a while, take it apart and find where the "wear points" are on the slide, frame, and hammer.

                                Smooth these wear points with 300 grit sandpaper and this helps with the feeding and reliable cycling as well

                                I like the Skeeter, but many 22's are ammo fussy, due to the fact that there is so much variance in 22 rounds.
                                "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." - Benjamin Franklin
                                "The answers to life's biggest questions are not found on Google." Author Unknown
                                San Diego CA - Sig Sauer P226 9mm & Mosquito, Bersa Thunder, Ruger LCR & LCP, S&W 22A, SA 1911 9mm, Beretta 92SF 9mm, Marlin 60

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1