Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Federal .22 550 Bulk Pack (Walmart)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    ENTHUSIAST
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 4440

    I have ran several THOUSAND rounds of Fed 550 Bulk Pack from Walmart and NEVER had a round that would not go BANG out of my Spikes ST-22.

    Rem Golden Bullets DO NOT even cycle!!!

    I have bought all my ammo pre-Obama if that helps your "unscientific" poll results.

    Accuracy in Fed Bulk is not so great but it is bulk pack plinkin ammo that USED to be butt cheap... so what do you expect?

    Comment

    • #32
      orangeusa
      • Jul 2009
      • 9055

      Originally posted by BamBam-31
      Have not noticed said issues with either Fed 550 or Fed 525 BP's, both of which I have stockpiled. Granted, I don't shoot them for accuracy--I simply blast them through my TacSol AR-22 and Browning Buckmark. For that, it's been great.
      Yeah, OP's poll is biased - I wanted to say - It's just fine. Feeds in my Glenfield 60 just fine. Probably 0.5% FTL, occasional (1 out of 300?) FTF (primer). Just eject and move on.

      Remington - OMG, what crap. 10% FTL. That leaded stuff is awful.

      Comment

      • #33
        CRM2004
        Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 139

        The last time I shot a box of Federal, I think I had 2 misfires at most. Loaded them back up, they fired off. Before that, I had a box of Remington. They had all sorts of problems - Bullets jammed crooked into the case, some cases were just plain EMPTY, I even had a case with a HOLE in the side of it! Seems like a fairy tale and unrealistic, but it is the truth. I will stick with my Federal's. Hell, I use Federal's in my 12 gauge, my 8mm Mauser, my .270, and my .30-06 as well. I love 'em. Only guns that don't see Federal's are my .223's (PMC X-Tac), my AK-47 (Golden Tiger), and my 1911 (Wolf and Cor-Bon)

        Comment

        • #34
          GlockBlocker
          Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 346

          Running through my 10/22, I don't get FTFs so much, but accuracy is horrible. That rifle is usually a tac driver, but with the Federal bulk ammo, hits are literally all over the target.

          I have about 90% of a box left that I'd give away if someone wants it.

          Comment

          • #35
            Noobert
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 3343

            The Federal 550 I use works fine, but accuracy isn't that great
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!

            Comment

            • #36
              CRM2004
              Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 139

              Originally posted by GlockBlocker
              Running through my 10/22, I don't get FTFs so much, but accuracy is horrible. That rifle is usually a tac driver, but with the Federal bulk ammo, hits are literally all over the target.

              I have about 90% of a box left that I'd give away if someone wants it.
              I'll take it! Haha. My GSG5 LOVES Federals. So does my Marlin 60.

              Comment

              • #37
                Homebrew2
                Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 346

                I have the prob with my 795 ... just my 795. Fed bulk runs fine in my 10/22, Rem bolt, Henry lever, Rem pump, revo, 22A, HP22. I think it's the spring in my 795. Will continue to buy and accept donations.

                Comment

                • #38
                  nrakid88
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 3285

                  Originally posted by GlockBlocker

                  I have about 90% of a box left that I'd give away if someone wants it.
                  free love is the only thing better than free ammo, and not by much.
                  sigpic
                  5.56 vs. 308? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=267737
                  Originally posted by Cali-Shooter
                  You are not a mall ninja. You are a defender of mall ninjas.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    scuds03
                    Member
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 162

                    I get way better accuracy with the Winchester 333/555 bulk packs for the same price. I always pick those over the federal stuff.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Black Majik
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 9695

                      Yes, please keep boycotting. That way I can find them in our Walmarts.

                      My Spike's AR gobbles them up like candy.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        ricardo
                        Junior Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 32

                        ive always like winchester better myself
                        no problem

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          M1A Rifleman
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 3691

                          WHAT, the Federal stuff and Blazers, which are made by Federal are the best in my 10/22 and 1911 converion. This is all I'll get. Any of you wanting to part with your Federal 22LR, let me know and I give you an address wher to send it.
                          The only thing that is worse than an idiot, is someone who argues with one.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            sengk
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 900

                            All I shoot is federal bulk pack. They work great in my rifle and 22/45. I bought some Remington bulk pack to try out recently and man that was crap. Almost every other one ftf.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              pullnshoot25
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 8068

                              My 10/22 eats what I feed it and does not complain.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                stix213
                                AKA: Joe Censored
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 19002

                                never had a problem, but if you are looking for CCI minimag reliability you'll notice they are on the same shelf.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1