Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can I spray paint on CMMG ceramic finish?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nrakid88
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 3285

    Can I spray paint on CMMG ceramic finish?

    I want to get the CMMG dedicated .22lr upper (the sierra type) and was wondering if anyone has tried to spray paint on top of the ceramic finish they use? If it won't work I will spring for the anodized.
    sigpic
    5.56 vs. 308? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=267737
    Originally posted by Cali-Shooter
    You are not a mall ninja. You are a defender of mall ninjas.
  • #2
    shadow65
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 1301

    I'm not sure about painting. I don't see why you couldn't. I've use all kinds of cleaners on mine including break cleaner(non clorinated) and it hasn't bothered the finish. It's acutally pretty tough.
    Dave
    Independent Field Tester/Research and Developement

    Better to die for something than live for nothing

    Comment

    • #3
      ZX-10R
      Veteran Member
      • May 2010
      • 4122

      Are you talking about ceramic paint like for headers? Should be good to go since most ceramic paints can handle a lot of heat. I ceramic coated my headers and mid pipes for my motorcycle (ZX-10R) and it no problems whatsoever. The ceramic paint I used is rated for 2000 degrees. I have not experienced any chipping or anything. However, you will need to cure it in the oven.
      Last edited by ZX-10R; 10-20-2010, 7:43 AM.
      USA**************************************************USA
      03 Chevy Trailblazer , 06 Kawi ZX-10R, 05 Kawi KX250F, 07 Yamaha YZ85 - PSL , AES-10B, (2x) WASR 10/63, Draco AK Pistol, Polish Underfolder, Polish Tantal, Daniel Defense M4, Franken-AR, 1945 Izzy M44, 1936 Tula 91/30, Remington 870 Express, Smith and Wesson M&P 45, FN FNP-9, COLT 1911 XSE . NYC in CA. [COLOR="Red"][B]Obama S(_)[KS!
      Southwest Sales Manager -SolidWorks.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1