Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lever .22's

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    jmlivingston
    Moderator Emeritus
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 5095

    Originally posted by Mr D
    Well, I had to dig up this thread from 7 pages deep.
    Thanks..... Now I'm drooling over Ivan's model 57 all over again!

    Comment

    • #32
      radio2
      Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 360

      +1 For the Henry, I got my sons a savage bolt 22 (It was all I could aford) and one month later My farther in law sent a Henry golden Boy to my son, Damn him it's the nicest 22 lever action rifle I have ever shot!!!!!!!
      I got my older son a henry blued lever and he loves it when they can get it out of my hands.

      Comment

      • #33
        q3131a
        Member
        • Sep 2006
        • 375

        The Henry's action is smoother but I ended up getting the 39A because it felt better for me.

        Comment

        • #34
          Mr D
          Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 176

          Originally posted by jmlivingston
          Thanks..... Now I'm drooling over Ivan's model 57 all over again!
          There is a model 57 at the same shop in really nice shape for under $250.

          Comment

          • #35
            bbeck006
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 12

            My mom has a Marlin 39a and it works like a charm. I love shooting that thing, especially with low velocity .22 shorts. I like shooting wood targets about 100 yards away and heering the gunshot, shortly fallowed by the sound of the bullet hitting the board.

            Comment

            • #36
              Daniel Hunter
              Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 165

              I wish Marlin would offer the 39A in stainless.....

              Comment

              • #37
                Mr D
                Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 176

                Well, she's finally home. On further inspection I realized I scored a pretty sweet .22. The gun is in much better condition than first thought. The blueing is almost perfect. The barrel and the front sight base have a couple micro specks of rust and thats is. The bore looks brand new, I couldn't believe it. THis thing looks like it was rarely shot. After all the old brown funk was removed from the wood, I decided to just Tru oil it and call it a day. I might wax it, or just leave it.
                When I first researched the serial number I went off of the invoice from the shop. Once at home I found that the 2 in the beginning is really a Z. So that makes it a 1964 model. So sweet!!!
                Off to the range in the morning to sight in the scope(bad eyes).
                Enjoy some pics. These are before I touched the wood.





                Comment

                • #38
                  mdouglas1980
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 871

                  Originally posted by forgiven
                  Keep an eye out for a Browning, you won't regret it.
                  yep... looooove my browning. My dad bought it for me when I was 11... ahhh memories

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    rkt88edmo
                    Reptile&Samurai Moderator
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10063

                    Great looking rifle at a great price! I'll be ordering a peep for mine from Skinner
                    If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
                    Use the goog to search calguns

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Ron-Solo
                      In Memoriam
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 8581

                      A Browning BL22 is one of the nicest lever action rifles I've ever fired.
                      LASD Retired
                      1978-2011

                      NRA Life Member
                      CRPA Life Member
                      NRA Rifle Instructor
                      NRA Shotgun Instructor
                      NRA Range Safety Officer
                      DOJ Certified Instructor

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1