Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin Model 60 Upgrades?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    joepamjohn
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 2709

    Originally posted by Argonaut
    "Upgrade" it to a 10/22.....It is a better place to start
    I don't necessarily agree. I have some pretty high end .22's and one of the most accurate in a Marlin /Glenfield 60 that keeps on kickin.

    More accurate that any "stock" 10/22 I have seen.
    "You can't handle the truth"

    Comment

    • #32
      ar15newbster
      Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 256

      Originally posted by bigthaiboy
      To find the year of manufacture on a Marlin 60: subtract the first two numbers of your rifle's serial number from the year 2000, and you get the year of manufacture. Eg. my serial # starts with 26, indicationg my rifle was built in 1974.

      Marlin 60 changed from 18rds to 14rds around 1984.

      Here is my '74 Marlin. You can't see it in the photo, but I've had the bolt jeweled. Stock is direct from Marlin :

      I have 2 Marlin 60's that hold 18 rounds. First two serial#'s are 13 and 18.
      So I have a 1982 and 1987 that hold 18 rounds?
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #33
        jv2000
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 17

        How about adding a cool ATI stock:


        ATI Marlin Semi-Auto Fiberforce Gun Stock

        And a nice Barska (and cheap) 4x scope:


        BARSKA 4x32 Plinker-22 Riflescope

        I use the scope and like it a lot on mine, it durable and holds zero nicely.
        Last edited by jv2000; 01-06-2013, 8:56 AM.
        God Bless America Ya'll...

        sigpic
        ATI Ruger 10/22 Fiberforce Stock
        Nikon ProStaff 2-7 x 32 Scope

        Comment

        • #34
          Tacti_Steve
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2016
          • 3

          Been looking to upgrade my old Glenfield as the stock is pretty beat. I found a new option out there. Has anyone tried them out?


          Comment

          • #35
            Dan_Eastvale
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Apr 2013
            • 10774

            Originally posted by ar15newbster
            I have 2 Marlin 60's that hold 18 rounds. First two serial#'s are 13 and 18.
            So I have a 1982 and 1987 that hold 18 rounds?
            Yes, mine is 1987 and holds 18. Mid 84 they added the last shot hold open feature.
            Only thing I did was add the DIP aluminum trigger and trigger guard...

            Comment

            • #36
              golfish
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2013
              • 10124

              dug this thread up from the grave

              Big fan of the model 60. I have the anniversary model. Its a well built gun for the price.
              It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
              Happiness is a warm gun.

              MLC, First 3

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1