Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

10/22 Scout Rifle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shooterer
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 19

    10/22 Scout Rifle

    Does anyone make a scope mount or a barrel drilled and tapped for a "scout" (forward) scope application? I want to use this idea on a Ruger 10/22.

    Jim
  • #2
    Sheepdog1968
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 1903

    I have never seen exactly what you are looking for. Ashley makes a forward mount for a Marlin 336 that uses the two tap screws on the receiver and then attaches to the barrel via a dovetail mounting screw. There is a picture of it in their catalog. I know it's not a 10-22 but it's possible you might be able to adap this to your 10-22. You might consider calling them and asking if they have a simlar set up for a 10-22 or know who does. I hope this helps you find what u r looking for.
    RIP Louis Awerbuck. I miss you and your training.

    Comment

    • #3
      RANGER295
      Administrator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Sep 2006
      • 4002

      Here is a quad rail that should do what you want. I just got one off of Ebay and it is on the way. I will let you know how it is. http://www.opticsplanet.net/printabl...mnt-hg228.html
      "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      ~Ben Franklin

      159

      Comment

      • #4
        TZL
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 3197

        Volq barrel mounted scope mount...

        Comment

        • #5
          APNF128
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 1123

          Don't know what exactly your trying to accomplish. The forward scope mount is not your problem, can easily purchased one from Brownell or Midway. Your main consern is finding a EER (extended eye relief) scope that would justify price wise and use on a rifle with effective max range of about 75 yrds or so.

          Comment

          • #6
            hybridatsun350
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2007
            • 5336

            A 10/22 scout sounds like a pretty cool idea to me!

            Originally posted by APNF128
            Your main consern is finding a EER (extended eye relief) scope that would justify price wise and use on a rifle with effective max range of about 75 yrds or so.
            I don't see why finding a decently priced scope is going to be an issue?
            Dom

            ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

            Comment

            • #7
              pl408
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2008
              • 640

              I did a volquartsen barrel, that mount, and a aimpoint all the way forward on that mount
              tons of fun!

              Comment

              • #8
                HeHateMe
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 551

                I have the volq mount on a Volq CFT barrel. I put it on backwards for that scout mount effect to see how it worked. Mounted a red dot on the end. It was ok, but the goofiness look of the mount got to me and I flipped i back and topped it with some glass.
                **********************************************
                - Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle.
                - WTB: Nerf N-Strike Longshot CS-6

                Comment

                • #9
                  Shooterer
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 19

                  More Info...

                  Originally posted by APNF128
                  Don't know what exactly your trying to accomplish.
                  I would like to do this on a bull barrel rifle.



                  I have always like this.


                  I have a 2.5 x 28 EER on my Marlin 1895GS and have always liked how fast it came on target and I would like to do the same idea to a .22lr for plinking.
                  Last edited by Shooterer; 07-16-2009, 7:04 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    tunder
                    Member
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 267

                    Once upon a time, Chief AJ sold heavy barrels that were grooved for a scout scope placement. Standard Weaver mounts are used with any EER scope you may happen to want to use. Barrel is .915" diameter with match chamber. Overall barrel length is 18" with the final 2" opened up as an expansion chamber for the compensator.
                    The action is off the stock while the stock is being refinished.
                    The rifle really likes CCI SGB's and has taken more squirrels than I can count.

                    I would think that any heavy barrel could be machined for standard Weaver bases.
                    307crop (Large).jpg
                    Attached Files
                    "Where the Hell do you put the bayonet?"- Chesty Puller, on first seeing a flamethrower

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      repeater75
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 34

                      Originally posted by RANGER295
                      Here is a quad rail that should do what you want. I just got one off of Ebay and it is on the way. I will let you know how it is. http://www.opticsplanet.net/printabl...mnt-hg228.html
                      That thing is freakin' sweet! Nice price too!
                      April 19, 1775 - Where Marksmanship met history and the heritage began! http://appleseedinfo.org/

                      "Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
                      Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 26 April 1777

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Shooterer
                        Junior Member
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 19

                        I could.....

                        Start with a bull barreled 10/22 in a Hogue stock and add this:

                        Then this:

                        Topped with this.


                        What do you think?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          nat
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 709

                          If you had something really special in mind, I could design and build a scope mount for you.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Shooterer
                            Junior Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 19

                            Originally posted by nat
                            I could design and build a scope mount for you.
                            If I would sent you a .920 x 16" barrel, could you groove it for a scope mount like the one that Tunder shows in his picture?

                            Thanks,
                            Jim

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              RANGER295
                              Administrator
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 4002

                              Originally posted by repeater75
                              That thing is freakin' sweet! Nice price too!
                              "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              ~Ben Franklin

                              159

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1