Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can't decide Ruger 10/22 or GSG5

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    pbrand
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 914

    Originally posted by Gator Monroe
    Held Many and shot one and that was all it took , and why are you dissin me for tellin him to get a WASR 22 when your Avatar is a friggin AKM ? LOL sometimes the posters here do stranger thing than I do ...
    I'm all about the AKM. Great gun. I have read up on the AK22 and they seem decent. Ive read about their glory and their lack of reliability. Every story has two sides.

    My AK is accurate to 50 yards for sure and at 100 it gets iffy. It lacks the options of mounting optics, but is certainly a cool gun. If AK's are your thing and you LOVE the looks of them, than the AK22 is for you and in my opinion is probably going to be much better than GSG's version of the AK.

    If you like the MP5 style and look then telling some one to get an AK isnt going to help any. Thats not the style they are after. The SIG is going to be the same. People are going to buy the SIG who want the SIG look.

    I was shooting my complete dedicated Spikes ST-22SD at the range when I noticed another member had a GSG. He asked if I wanted to shoot it and I thought sure. In my opinion it felt amazing. I have heard people say such negative things about them that I was expecting to hold an airsoft gun (which I have). This thing felt like a firearm to me and it was a real treat to shoot. I went home that day and decided what gun I was going to sell to buy one. I pick it up this week.

    Comment

    • #47
      Gator Monroe
      Banned
      • Oct 2007
      • 6422

      My WASR 22 is my Favorite Long Gun , USGI WW21911A1 is my favorite pistol (The WASR 22 taught me the AK platform ,but the GSG 5 does not teach you the CETME/PTR91/HK94 ... platforms

      Comment

      • #48
        pbrand
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 914

        Originally posted by Gator Monroe
        My WASR 22 is my Favorite Long Gun , USGI WW21911A1 is my favorite pistol (The WASR 22 taught me the AK platform ,but the GSG 5 does not teach you the CETME/PTR91/HK94 ... platforms
        I dont think too many people are buying the GSG to learn a platform. The AK taught me the AK platform. My AR taught me the AR platform. I suppose the 22 counterparts can help ease you into the platform, but nothing is better than the real deal.

        Its good you have a favorite gun, but that doesnt mean it is going to be everyone elses favorite gun.

        Comment

        • #49
          pbrand
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2007
          • 914

          Originally posted by Gator Monroe
          My WASR 22 is my Favorite Long Gun , USGI WW21911A1 is my favorite pistol (The WASR 22 taught me the AK platform ,but the GSG 5 does not teach you the CETME/PTR91/HK94 ... platforms
          I dont think too many people are buying the GSG to learn a platform. The AK taught me the AK platform. My AR taught me the AR platform. I suppose the 22 counterparts can help ease you into the platform, but nothing is better than the real deal.

          Its good you have a favorite gun, but that doesnt mean it is going to be every elses favorite gun.

          The OP's Title is "Can't decide Ruger 10/22 or GSG5". His decision is between those two rifles. No where did it sound like he was interested in the WASR22.

          Comment

          • #50
            Bigballaizm
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2008
            • 3109

            Well heres my 1 1/2 cents. I've never held or shot a GSG, so I can't speak for those. Although they look really cool!
            I have two 10/22's one I converted to a 17HM2 just to have something different rather than two .22lr calibers. I put a few $$ into it customizing them but to me it was worth it. In present time you can spend a lot less customizing your 10/22 with all the dealers out there & vendors at the gun show wanting business!
            My 10/22 is super accurate at 50 yds with the bull barrel and trigger mods and the 17HM2 is accurate to 100 yds with its carbon fiber barrel, trigger mods & buffer etc...
            My opinion, get a 10/22. If you dont like it I guarantee you wont have a problem selling it. Then get you a GSG.
            Good luck bro! Let us know what you decide.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #51
              punisheryayarea
              In Memoriam
              • Apr 2009
              • 1932

              Get a 17HMR for target shooting and a GSG-5 for a plinker I DID
              sigpic
              WTS JL audio 8W7 X2, JL audio 500/1v2, Alpine Ine-940, Stinger Cap!!
              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...5#post17991865
              WTS SIG MPX CARBINE, SIG MPX PISTOL, NIGHTHAWK CUSTOM PREDATOR, Acog in .308!
              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1186395

              Originally posted by Grunt81
              I'm serious.
              Are you one of those .45 elitists?

              Comment

              • #52
                Bigballaizm
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2008
                • 3109

                Originally posted by punisheryayarea
                Get a 17HMR for target shooting and a GSG-5 for a plinker I DID
                My buddy has a TC in 17HMR & we take down yotes with it! I have a 17HM2 but have decided to get a 17HMR because it stays alot flatter out to 150yds!
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #53
                  IsaacGlass
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 2591

                  Get a Colt M4

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Bonecrusher
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 1273

                    Originally posted by IsaacGlass
                    Get a Colt M4



                    Colt M4 .22 = GAME OVER!
                    May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
                    - General George Patton Jr

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      NickN27
                      Member
                      • May 2007
                      • 242

                      I like my little ruger.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Bigballaizm
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 3109

                        Originally posted by NickN27
                        I like my little ruger.

                        Sweet!!
                        Although this is sweet too!!

                        [/QUOTE]
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Enter_the_Dragon
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 1356

                          [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]




                          Yup, I'll be semi-retiring my Ruger 10/22 as soon as I get my Colt M4. I bought my Ruger back in 1984 and til now it still works like a charm. Accurate and lots of accessories you can put on.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Mojamz
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 1111

                            That's a tough decision...I went through it myself and decided to stick with the tried and true Ruger 10/22. If you want Tacticool, there are numerous of mods you can do, here's a picture of mine...


                            Good luck with your decision!

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              k1dude
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2009
                              • 15943

                              Awesome 10/22 Mojamz!
                              "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                              "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                ChillyDog
                                Junior Member
                                • Jul 2009
                                • 22

                                mojamz that is one bad 10/22 where the heck did you get that stuff

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1