Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Heritage Rough Rider .22 revolvers?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tuna quesadilla
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2006
    • 5147

    Heritage Rough Rider .22 revolvers?

    So I've been looking at some .22s just for plinking/blasting and I ran across these. They're cheap (<$200) and they come with .22LR and .22 Mag cylinders. Are they any good? Haven't had the opportunity to actually handle or fire one.
  • #2
    fal_762x51
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 2732

    I was thinking about one, handled one too. The balance is pretty good, but the safety looks retarded. Other than that I'm waiting on a review too.
    sigpic

    Antelope Valley grown, now State of Jefferson transplant.

    Comment

    • #3
      ratbush
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2009
      • 6

      I researched these a bit, a few years back. General opinion was you get what you pay for. A local gunstore (listed on Heritage website, as authorized dealer) had stopped carrying the entire line. Employee said they wore the alloy framed models out quickly, in one summer's use, at the firing range. Did not have much to say about the stainless steel models, except they seemed to be a good value for the money. I have also heard atrocious stories, about getting gunsmithing work done on these, but in fairness my sources were pretty reactionary types about any non traditional gun companies. I didn't buy, but that Plinkerton model has got me thinking cheap .22s again.
      ratbush
      "The end days of failing nations, are marked by their resort, to anger and threats, over logic and reason. The adoption of mythical heroes, springing forth from the pages of a rewritten history, herald the denial state, of a society, circling the drain." anonyomous, "The Cowboy, Free Range Party Manifesto". San Diego, Ca. March 1996.

      Comment

      • #4
        jmlivingston
        Moderator Emeritus
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 5095

        I was considering one a while back. Was advised to keep an eye open for a Ruger single-six, and I fould one with both cylinders in excellent condition for $300. I've not regretted that decision.

        John

        Comment

        • #5
          tuna quesadilla
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2006
          • 5147

          Hmm OK. I'll keep my eyes open for a Single Six. The Heritage was appealing to me because of the low price -- it just seems really silly to pay $600+ for a new Smith & Wesson 22 revolver when I could pay $200 for a new 22 revolver from a different company.

          Comment

          • #6
            fairfaxjim
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2006
            • 2146

            Originally posted by tuna quesadilla
            Hmm OK. I'll keep my eyes open for a Single Six. The Heritage was appealing to me because of the low price -- it just seems really silly to pay $600+ for a new Smith & Wesson 22 revolver when I could pay $200 for a new 22 revolver from a different company.
            Apples & oranges. If you put the two together you would figure it out very quickly. Go for the single six. It is a good compromise as the price is not much more and the quality is way better.
            "As soon as we burn 'em," Chinn said, "more come in."
            Ignatius Chinn, a FORMER veteran firearms agent.
            CONTRA COSTA TIMES 03/04/2008

            "please guys please no ridiculous offers....Im a girl, not an idiot" Mistisa242

            Comment

            • #7
              BSlacker
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2003
              • 923

              Check Fowlers in Tustin. They have a used SS Single Six with adjustable sights. IIRC it had the 22lr/22mag setup.

              Comment

              • #8
                maxicon
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 4661

                I have an EAA Bounty Hunter dual cylinder, which is very similar to the Rough Rider. It's a good shooter and a lot of fun, but doesn't compare to my Single Six.

                The Single Six is smoother and more nicely made. My Bounty Hunter spits a bit from the cylinder gap, which is annoying, but that may be luck of the draw.

                The relatively small amount of money will be forgotten in a few years, while the better quality of the Ruger will be with you as long as you have the gun.

                You're still going to want a 617, though. At least, I do.
                sigpic
                NRA Life Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  Tho_Sun
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 807

                  Hey, if your still interested, I have one for sale.
                  Need Ammo Prices? Check the thread. If you have better prices and the link to the shop, let me know and I'll change things up. So far I only got pistol ammo~
                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?p=1580363

                  WTS/T HS prevision stock and bows.
                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...6#post18731106

                  WTB Baby eagle 9mm frame safety,Mateba, Encore Frame or with 7.62x54r setup

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1