Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

22lr conversion for 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Henpeckd
    Member
    • Dec 2015
    • 218

    Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
    I ran a head to head series of videos between a GSG conversion and a Nelson Custom unit, which is essentially a Marvel unit.



    Hey that was a great video. All the parts for the GSG conversion look exactly like my GSG 1911 22. I wonder if the slide for that would fit directly onto my 1911, in other words is the conversion kit just the top half of a GSG 1911 22 ? Maybe I'll try to see if it fits this weekend. Funny I had my 1911 45 on the range at the same time as the GSG and my friend's kid put the 22 mag into the 45 and asked me why it was not firing...

    Comment

    • #32
      Ruber
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 544

      22lr conversion for 1911

      Originally posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop
      You are correct. However, when using the GSG or similar mags, eventually the steel slide stop will wear the aluminum slide notch and it won't hold open any more. That's why the Kimber is designed not to lock back on an empty mag. I've tried it and it does work, I suppose it's a matter of how long you want that feature to work. Mine sits in the case since I picked up a GSG pistol.

      Comment

      • #33
        Henpeckd
        Member
        • Dec 2015
        • 218

        How fussy is the Kimber kit on ammo ? It costs less than the Marvel but as I noted before the Marvel has spring selections to allow for less expensive ammo.

        Comment

        • #34
          Ruber
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2012
          • 544

          Last edited by Ruber; 03-13-2021, 11:31 AM.

          Comment

          • #35
            thomasanelson
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 1210

            For me Ciener has been the best. GSG also make a decent 1911-22 conversion kit that works well for most 1911s (note: my GSG/Sig 1911-22 kit works fine on my Colt 1991-A1, S&W1911 & RIA FS), but does not fit on my RIA 1911 GI. Note: be careful with the GSG/Sig 1911-22 conversion kits. Many have threaded barrels which are a no go in CA.

            Comment

            • #36
              Henpeckd
              Member
              • Dec 2015
              • 218

              Okay the GSG 1911 22 top does not fit on the 1911 45 since the lug under the barrel will not go far enough back to pin it. So there is a different barrel in the conversion kit. Otherwise everything else fits

              Comment

              • #37
                mike.h
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 1613

                Originally posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop
                The Kimber conversion is pretty good. The only thing it lacks is last round holdopen.
                this, otherwise no complaints.
                USAF 1966-70
                SEA '69-70
                NRA Life Member

                Comment

                • #38
                  Snoopy47
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 3903

                  Originally posted by accel
                  Ebay had pleny new in the box kits last time I checked. But reviews are very controversial.
                  Yea, I had one. I'll pass.

                  Currently using Advantage Arms and very happy.
                  Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    darkstar2000
                    Member
                    • Nov 2019
                    • 319

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Henpeckd
                      Member
                      • Dec 2015
                      • 218

                      Originally posted by Milsurp Collector
                      A 1918 Colt M1911 deserves the original Colt conversion.




                      It has a special "floating chamber" that increases recoil to simulate the .45ACP round recoil.


                      .
                      I'd get an old Colt 22 conversion if i knew it worked.
                      also one reason for the conversion, and perhaps the most important is only 100 rounds of 45 acp in the safe. Did not see the ammo crunch coming. Lots of inexpensive 22 lr though

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Robert1234
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 3081

                        Equating your gun with your dick, kind of weird.

                        Just my two cents...

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          -hanko
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jul 2002
                          • 14174

                          Originally posted by Henpeckd
                          Thanks all. I see some Cierner ones for sale on eBay but they are pricey and of course used. Do you guys feel they're good enough you would buy one used over a newer one from Marvel ? The price would not be much different
                          Jonathan Ciener is known in the gun world to have by far the schittiest customer service in the universe.


                          Originally posted by smle-man
                          Ciener still sells parts for his 1911 kits except for magazines, I've not had to replace anything on mine. That said, a current production kit might be a better choice for customer support if there is a problem.
                          See post above as to what Ciener calls "customer support".



                          Originally posted by Robert1234
                          Equating your gun with your dick, kind of weird.

                          Just my two cents...
                          Welcome to California.
                          True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                          Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                          Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                          A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            darkstar2000
                            Member
                            • Nov 2019
                            • 319

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Grumpyoldretiredcop
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Sep 2008
                              • 6437

                              Originally posted by Henpeckd
                              How fussy is the Kimber kit on ammo ? It costs less than the Marvel but as I noted before the Marvel has spring selections to allow for less expensive ammo.
                              Mine runs on just about anything except some cheap Centurion. Oddly enough, it likes Remington Golden Bullet best. No accounting for taste!
                              I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                MARKFP
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2016
                                • 529

                                Originally posted by Milsurp Collector
                                A 1918 Colt M1911 deserves the original Colt conversion.




                                It has a special "floating chamber" that increases recoil to simulate the .45ACP round recoil.


                                .
                                That is the correct match. Very nice. I have some conversions like that but not the correct lowers.
                                Oh no, not another 1911 !
                                "You can't have a good argument with an ignorant person"....My Dad

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1