Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Building 10/22s like AR 15s?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    The War Wagon
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2011
    • 10294

    I would go with a dedicated .22LR AR. I run a TacSol upper, on an Aero lower.


    If the poop hits the fan, and I NEED another lower, I pop the pins & VOILA - instant 5.56 lower ready to go!


    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      stevebla
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2015
      • 752

      Just do it! Get a Kidd trigger.

      Comment

      • #18
        Robert1234
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2006
        • 3080

        Originally posted by RNE228
        Isn't more like assemble?

        Too bad Ruger doesn't make a really good 10/22 out of the box.
        I got one with the wood stock, tapered bull barrel and no sights. Only thing I did was install a scope (Nikon or Pentax, can't remember and too lazy to dig it out and look) and an el-cheapo bipod.

        Shot a 50 yard target, had a cat at the range spotting for me. First shot was like .25" off the center, next shot right on center. Next shot about .25" off center, right next to the first shot. Next two shots I and my spotter thought were misses. We were perplexed that a gun shooting such a tight group @ 50 yards would throw two shots off paper (a 24" wide target!!). As cease-fire, we walked downrange and saw one slightly larger hole at the center of the target and two smaller ones just above it, maybe .25" away. The two "lost" shots apparently went through the first hole.

        I still have that target hanging from my fridge in the garage.

        My other 10/22 is in an TacStar Adaptive Tactical stock, fancy name for a really ergonomic pistol grip stock. It has the skinny, threaded barrel with no provision for sights (Ruger barrel), and some trigger work. Shoots more accurate than it needs to (it's a Steel Challenge gun) with a Bushnell TRS25 red dot optic.

        Ruger's generally speaking seem to be pretty accurate, at least out to 50 yards. The ammo I use is CCI Blazer, nothing special, but it works, feeds, and fires as reliably as any other ammo.

        That said, make it as fancy as you see fit. Cool guns are well, cool.

        Comment

        • #19
          AR22
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2011
          • 2174

          As stated above, just assemble a real AR22..It is your money, but I do not see the point of doing a 10-22 look alike when you can have the real deal..

          Comment

          • #20
            Bullets&Whitewalls
            Senior Member
            • May 2012
            • 2380

            Originally posted by AR22
            As stated above, just assemble a real AR22..It is your money, but I do not see the point of doing a 10-22 look alike when you can have the real deal..

            Comment

            • #21
              ZX9ALLDAY
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2017
              • 597

              Building a 10/22 is like legos. Easy af ... only somewhat difficult part is figuring out the trigger assembly if you were to tinker with internals. If your doing a drop in, its all plug and play. The hardest part is picking what parts you want to run!

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1