Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 795 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • stangmar
    replied
    Am I supposed to put some solvent onto the action and the other oily parts in the gun?

    I don't know what I'm gonna do to clean the barrel since I don't have any equipment that fits. My friend has another universal cleaning kit, so hopefully I can borrow it.

    Leave a comment:


  • skylovia
    replied
    159 at Big 5 this week.

    Leave a comment:


  • stangmar
    replied
    I picked up my gun on Thursday and was gonna clean it before I went shooting, but I don't have anything that fits inside of the barrel!!! I bought the universal gun cleaning kit from Walmart and it doesn't fit!

    Reassembling it was a pain in the ***
    Last edited by stangmar; 03-27-2011, 11:34 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • azlester
    replied
    The stock looks like a Boyd's. They only make one batch a year for the Marlin 60 a year. It can be modified to fit a 795. RFC has quite the thread going on guys that purchased this years release.
    Last edited by azlester; 03-27-2011, 5:38 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeepXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by HotRod9mm
    Because of the very wide variety of scopes and rifles, rings make the connection between the scope
    and rifle much easer. In this case I have a DIProducts scope base with Leupold QRW rings.





    What stock is that? I love the look of the plain wood!

    Leave a comment:


  • RickyB
    replied
    And for those that haven't read this yet, here's a great ongoing thread on the Marlin's Owners forum......


    Leave a comment:


  • RickyB
    replied
    Originally posted by docsmileyface
    I got two Marlins with very different SNs, one is like 9845#### the other one is MM09####G.... guessing the second one is probably made by Remington. It had a rougher finish in the receiver but the trigger pull is nicer.



    this is it right here
    The 795 I got from Turners last week has the MM prefix as well (though the barrel says Made in North Haven) but I was a bit disenheartened to see that the trigger end of the rear sight was tweaked to the right-of-center more than 3/16" of an inch. Nice. Better yet, the 925RM (s/n 911200XX) I just got from buds had one of the small scope mounting screws sticking straight up an eighth of an inch, and it was stripped as well. I mean really Marlin, even Stevie Wonder could have seen both of these minor screw-ups......
    Last edited by RickyB; 03-24-2011, 7:19 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • docsmileyface
    replied
    I got two Marlins with very different SNs, one is like 9845#### the other one is MM09####G.... guessing the second one is probably made by Remington. It had a rougher finish in the receiver but the trigger pull is nicer.



    this is it right here

    Leave a comment:


  • FUBAR
    replied
    Originally posted by ptgarcia
    I just mounted this Mueller Quick Shot holographic sight to my Marlin. Still haven't fired this gun yet but I look forward to it!

    Oh yeah, its a Model 60 also, not a 795.


    What kind of iron sights are those?

    Leave a comment:


  • skylovia
    replied
    Just wait for the next Guns and Ammo magazine, there will be a big "Do not use your Marlin 795 .22lr rifle, use may cause personal injury or death!" ad in the back along with the other 10 warnings about faulty Remington products.

    Leave a comment:


  • afro
    replied
    So I heard after Marlin closed their factory, they moved production of the 795s to the Remington factory. If so, anybody know what the serial # cutoff is before the shift in factories?

    Leave a comment:


  • San FranPsycho
    replied
    Originally posted by RickyB
    Welcome to Grown-up hood.......



    i ended up...picking it up between classes

    wow!!! psyched! just cleaned it.....not too bad looking. oiled up a bit. slapped a UTG bipod and barska scope on it. cannot WAIT to shoot this thing!! Aaahhhh pic coming soon

    Leave a comment:


  • docsmileyface
    replied
    OK, good - both my 795s have butt-ugly bolts and I thought it was probably just because they are cheap guns so the finish isn't clean, but I wanted to be sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • shrap
    replied
    Originally posted by docsmileyface
    \One thing I did notice that seemed odd though was the bolt seemed to be pitted out of the box. The side on the ejection port is shiny and smooth but the other side looks like crap.

    Is this normal and should be expected out of a $125 gun or what?
    All three of my Marlins are like this, so I'd say it's normal.

    Leave a comment:


  • wc12
    replied
    I'm telling you what has been an actual experience. My mosquito experienced a lot of jams from two boxes of the 550 I bought. I may well be because it was new back then. I will tray again and give it another shot (with pun intended). I will post the result.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1