Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 795 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ck867
    replied
    just went and dros one of these at big 5. Any recommendations for a cheap scope and bipod?

    Leave a comment:


  • Chewyoates77
    replied
    k thanks, i thought that was the sticker they were talking about but just wanted to make sure

    Leave a comment:


  • Kokopelli
    replied
    That link is the same rebate form I picked up at Big5.

    Originally posted by Chewyoates77
    ^^^ what part of the ticket am I suppose to send in for the rebate.
    The "STEP 3" part is the sticker on the plastic bag that the rifle come in. That is if there is not a sticker on the end of the box.

    Leave a comment:


  • toopercentmlk
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewyoates77
    ^^^ what part of the ticket am I suppose to send in for the rebate.
    The first page is just an add, the second page(what looks to be the reverse side of the commercially printed flier) is the page with all the important information so it would only make sense to send that part in.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chewyoates77
    replied
    ^^^ what part of the ticket am I suppose to send in for the rebate.

    Leave a comment:


  • toopercentmlk
    replied
    You're my boy, blue!

    Leave a comment:


  • blueyonder
    replied


    May to December 09?? Marlin's trying hard to unload these things.
    Last edited by blueyonder; 05-27-2009, 11:45 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • toopercentmlk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kokopelli
    The paper one I got from Big5 says that it is good through December 2009. Is that the same one you got?
    Yes sir, they must have had the old one. Maybe I should go back, but I've seen printable forms online from the last rebate, shouldn't there be something like that for this one?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kokopelli
    replied
    Originally posted by toopercentmlk
    I noticed that the Marlin mail in rebate has expired, is there another one?...
    The paper one I got from Big5 says that it is good through December 2009. Is that the same one you got?

    Leave a comment:


  • toopercentmlk
    replied
    I noticed that the Marlin mail in rebate has expired, is there another one?

    Just placed an order for some Tech-Sights, those stock sights reminded me of my crossman!

    THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!
    Last edited by toopercentmlk; 05-27-2009, 4:54 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • otteray
    replied


    Leave a comment:


  • cvgunright
    replied
    Originally posted by high_revs
    how much adjustment did you have to do on your scope? or was this irons (same question if so). I think last and only time I tried 100 yds so far, it was like a 6-9" drop. Anyone has ballistic info on rimfire bullets? generally speaking?
    6-9 inch drop sounds about right going from 50 to 100 yards took about 10 rounds to zero in. I shot at the top of the target and made adjustments from there ..I did have several fliers (probably the winchester round) and only one FTF out of 300 rounds.

    Leave a comment:


  • high_revs
    replied
    how much adjustment did you have to do on your scope? or was this irons (same question if so). I think last and only time I tried 100 yds so far, it was like a 6-9" drop. Anyone has ballistic info on rimfire bullets? generally speaking?

    Originally posted by cvgunright
    Here are my targets at 100 yards with the marlin 795 with the winchester hyper hv and a bushnell 3-9 .22 rimfire scope.

    It's a fun rifle!

    Leave a comment:


  • Kokopelli
    replied
    Thanks for the range report! I'm comping at the bit because mine is held hostage by the PRK until 5/31/09.

    Leave a comment:


  • Satex
    replied
    Marlin 795 field report

    Today I took the 795 out for the first time. Set up at 50 yards and was shooting 36 Grain HP Federal ammo. The rifle was a joy to shoot. Ran a total of 230 rounds through it with 5 FTEs. Due to the construction of the rifle, I consider these to be break-in FTEs. Most occurred initially and the frequency went down as more rounds were fired. The action and receiver seem to be cast, so this little gem definitely needs a break-in period. I recommend lubrication for all new users.

    I also had Tech-Sights installed and it took about 30 rounds to zero it in. I highly recommend these sights.

    Here are my targets. As you can see, this rifle groups very nicely, and most rounds were 9 ring or better.


    Definitely a great value for a $150 rifle!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1