Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 795 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BamBam-31
    replied
    Originally posted by Beetle Bailey
    FYI Marlin is running a "Spring 2010 Promo" on the 795 for a $25 rebate and it is good for the whole year.
    Soooo...what are you waiting for?

    Leave a comment:


  • afro
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Beetle Bailey
    replied
    FYI Marlin is running a "Spring 2010 Promo" on the 795 for a $25 rebate and it is good for the whole year.

    Leave a comment:


  • lugee
    replied
    Has anyone come out with a trigger kit for these yet?

    It awful switching from my rugers, CZs, and Savages to the Marlin because of the trigger pull.

    EDIT: Nevermind, I read the rest of the thread and sounds like there is a solution that may or may not cause problems.
    Last edited by lugee; 01-09-2010, 10:27 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • otteray
    replied
    Looks like rimfiretech has several upgrades that I will be looking forward to trying out on my Marlins
    Thanks for the tip, Kiwi; and welcome to calguns!

    Leave a comment:


  • CFI Kiwi
    replied
    after market charging handle

    has anyone purchased the charging handle upgrade featured in the folllowing link?

    RimFire Technologies, a company known for its commitment to innovation, has unfortunately closed its doors. They were renowned for their cutting-edge


    The 795 has a light bolt and supposedly makes it less picky about ammo. I wonder if changing to the rimfire technologies charging handle changes the feeding dynamics?

    Anyone doe this upgrade? Any opinions?

    Leave a comment:


  • Capt Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by 2DoorImpala
    picked up one today
    Sweet, let us know how you like it when you get it!

    Leave a comment:


  • 2DoorImpala
    replied
    picked up one today

    Leave a comment:


  • 2DoorImpala
    replied
    I clicked on the gallery of guns but all around me were over msrp . Also missing a few places

    Leave a comment:


  • Kokopelli
    replied
    Don't forget the $20 rebate offer is still good for purchases made by December 31, 2009.

    Link: http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Rebate...s_fall2009.asp

    Leave a comment:


  • caoboy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2DoorImpala
    does any other place have the 795 cheaper than big5? like basspro? Thinking of picking one up this week.
    Check Marlin's website, they have a gun store locator that even gives the price of the rifle, from that store. That's how I found the dealer for my rifle, since it was cheaper there than at big 5, by like 40 bucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • wboughton
    replied
    just picked mine up today. Gotta love it. Got a spare mag to go along with it.

    Made the mistake of buying some .22 rounds from walmart though. Just asked the kid for 4 boxes of .22, guess I should have specified as he rang me up for 4 boxes of .22 short, I realized this 2 minutes too late. Since the transaction was final, I could not return the damn things so I now have 200 rounds of .22 short and nothing to shoot them out of. That was a waste of $13.50.

    Aside from that inconvenience, picked up the rifle without a hitch. Havent stripped it down or anything, and I was wondering if anyone would like to put forward their tips on cleaning and oiling it? Or even if it is necessary to strip it down and clean it straight from the factory?


    As a side note, if anyone needs 4 boxes of .22 short, shoot me a PM

    Leave a comment:


  • not4un
    replied
    I got mine today at basspro since I had gift cards from christmas. It is $139.99 plus the $25.00 fees and tax. This is before the rebate.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2DoorImpala
    replied
    does any other place have the 795 cheaper than big5? like basspro? Thinking of picking one up this week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Capt Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by TurboS600
    Got my sons a couple of 795s for Christmas (took advantage of the Turner's Black Friday ad for $99) We will be on BLM land tomorrow to break them in. Question is...Why don't these need some kind of tool to release the mag (ie. Bullet Button)? What is the difference between these and other rifles that need to tool?
    As others have mentioned, the big thing is that a .22 is exempt from alot of the crazy anti gun laws in this state. Thats only logical as you really couldn't hurt/kill someone with a .22 anyways!

    Congrats on the 795, best $100 you will spend!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1