Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 795 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rromeo
    replied
    The new Winchester lead free is 1600 or something up there. I suppose it shouldn't be used?

    Leave a comment:


  • bigthaiboy
    replied
    Originally posted by ae13291
    anybody else use hyper velocity rounds in there marlin?
    I've tried the Aguila Super Hyper or whatever it's called, CCI Velocitors and the Rem Vipers. They work just fine, but I'm sure they give the bolt / receiver a real bashing since the Hyper-velocities are 30%+ hotter than a hi-velocity round.

    Leave a comment:


  • ae13291
    replied
    anybody else use hyper velocity rounds in there marlin?

    Leave a comment:


  • rromeo
    replied
    I bought spare 10 rd mags at Big 5. They were $17.99 but I used the 20% coupons. I agree they are a pain to load.

    Leave a comment:


  • RawImpact
    replied
    The spring on the 10rnd mags are unnecessarily strong... i was going to cut a coil off to see how it feels. Also, my iron sight just fell off last time i shot.. so yeah, use a scope!

    Leave a comment:


  • ACiD
    replied
    But anyway I got the Red Dot sight from Combathunting.com GET THE 40mm one and then goto eBay or other accessory place and get a 3/8 -to- 7/8 Weaver adapter, and it can also go on a Shotgun or atleast my Grandpa's 870 that we go hunting with.

    They Make CHEAP little circular red dot's that are hard to acquire a moving target with when ya can get a big @$$ one for about $50 delivered or 60-70 delivered if you get one with the Red AND green colors for reticule color- but try and get one that has BATTERY SAVING Tech. in it. that is a recipie for PLINKING fun

    Leave a comment:


  • 2DoorImpala
    replied
    I Hate those little 795 mags, it would hurt my thumb more with more round to add

    Leave a comment:


  • Glackowitz
    replied
    I bought a 3-9X32 simmons scope last week for my 795 and my bipod arrived yesterday

    Range day today...if the weather gets a bit better...Naw!! Im going
    Last edited by Glackowitz; 04-03-2010, 10:41 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • rromeo
    replied
    I mounted a cheapo red dot. Hopefully I can find some time today to go sight it in.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    Originally posted by ironhiide
    How much are they charging per brick. 2200 rounds run about $65 here, after tax, from my local walmart.
    It was $84 and some change after taxes for 2200 rounds. $18 something a brick.

    Leave a comment:


  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    Get me on that deal.

    Leave a comment:


  • ironhiide
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick1236
    SCORE!!! 4th day going to wallmart on my lunch break and they finally had some federal bulks packs. Walked out with 2200 rounds for $85. The Poway walmart has about 10-15 more brick if anyone is looking for it.
    How much are they charging per brick. 2200 rounds run about $65 here, after tax, from my local walmart.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    SCORE!!! 4th day going to wallmart on my lunch break and they finally had some federal bulks packs. Walked out with 2200 rounds for $85. The Poway walmart has about 10-15 more brick if anyone is looking for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • KevMorris
    replied
    Originally posted by rromeo
    Anybody have problems using Rem Golden Bullet?
    I got a few 550 packs from Wally World up here.
    Mine was pretty finicky on the Golden Bullets. Had quite a few FTFs.

    Federal and Winchester are much more reliable in my 795.

    Leave a comment:


  • aermotor
    replied
    Originally posted by dwchkypmp20
    just bought one at turners yesterday. 170.00 OTD with a 25$ mail-in rebate.
    Same thing, just bought mine today, pretty excited. Amazingly this will be me 10th gun and first .22

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1