I have to thank all of those that contributed to this thread - I referenced this thread numerous times when deciding which .22 rifle to purchase. I am picking up my Marlin 795 tomorrow - can't wait.
Thanks again for the insight - this site is great!
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Marlin 795 thread
Collapse
X
-
+1 on the Centerpoint scope, I really like mine. I've been using the rings I bought separate @ Walmart, but they walk backwards often. Tried Gorilla glue and cranking it down with a large screwdriver, but they still moved after a few hundred rounds. I'm trying JB Weld this time, we'll see if it holds.
Since I got the rifle back from warranty service (I highly recommend if you have FTE or FTF issues, I had both) it's been shooting flawlessly. Federal bulk, Remington Golden Bullet bulk, Winchester bulk and CCI mini mag have cycled & fired great.Leave a comment:
-
Yes, the trigger guard is plastic and it is apparently known to break if you over torque the screws. Only replacement I have seen is an Aluminum trigger guard but its a little pricey.
RimFire Technologies, a company known for its commitment to innovation, has unfortunately closed its doors. They were renowned for their cutting-edge
this is a good thread i found, he shows a picture of his cracked trigger guard down the page and his aluminum replacement.
Leave a comment:
-
Looks like I have some good recommendations to go with. Price checked some scopes and will pick one up this week.
Looked back a bit in this thread and found a posting on 3rd party 10-round mags as well. Will be ordering a few of those to save the thumbs.
Thanks for the info!
Oh yea. One thing I forgot to check...is the trigger guard plastic? Since I am sitting here making orders, I might just get that metal guard and charging handle.Last edited by Rigma; 05-03-2010, 11:18 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I'm running cheap Ncstar rings (used removable loctite on the screws that mounts to the base) and a centerpoint scope from walmart. After 1k rounds, the scope has held zero and the rings haven't moved. Hope that helps.Leave a comment:
-
Running a Walmart bipod, BSA Sweet 22 scope 3-9x40, Leapers cheap *** rings, and it's holding fine. I think I said it in a previous post but my gun does nothing but go to and from the range. I'm sure if it got banged around more I would want a better mounting solution... but so far a few hundred rounds and it's not a problem. Scope hasn't lost 0, it hasn't slipped, and it's a cheap plinker. Just what the doctor ordered.In the middle of my 10 day wait and picking up everything for my 795. I got a bi-pod but sill need a scope and mounts.
Anyone have a recommendation that solves the sliding scope rings as mentioned above? I would like to avoid that issue.
Anyone recommend a specific scope, or have a brand I should avoid? (I am not looking to get a red dot type scope for this gun.)
Please let me know if there is anything else (aside from ammo and targets) I should pick up for this gun?
Thanks!Leave a comment:
-
I have the Simmons 3-9X32 .22mag scope. Picked it up at our local sportsmans warehouse for 39.99...and came with rings
I have only had mine finger tight...tight as I can get it by hand..To lazy as well as keep forgetting to go get a screwdriver to tighten down tighter.
I seem to be keeping it at the x9 most of the time on the 50-100 yard shooting. The kids seem to do well with it and havent complained about not seeing the target..although today my oldest said she couldnt see the targets she was shooting at very well...She picked out 9 little yellow ducks on a standard sheet of paper and the sun was right on it and we out about 60-70 yards. They were kinda small and washed out..but she managed to hit a few with decent placement
I have seen others pick up the walmart scope and walmart bipodLeave a comment:
-
In the middle of my 10 day wait and picking up everything for my 795. I got a bi-pod but sill need a scope and mounts.
Anyone have a recommendation that solves the sliding scope rings as mentioned above? I would like to avoid that issue.
Anyone recommend a specific scope, or have a brand I should avoid? (I am not looking to get a red dot type scope for this gun.)
Please let me know if there is anything else (aside from ammo and targets) I should pick up for this gun?
Thanks!Leave a comment:
-
I took my girls to the range this afternoon and noticed my rings slid back on my 795 as well...I didnt notice it until I was looking at the pic of my youngest daughter shooting

I loosened the front one and put it back into place and it seemed pretty close to where it should beLast edited by Glackowitz; 05-02-2010, 7:56 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I got the scope dialed in pretty closed. It kept moving back on the dovetail. I see that that's a known issue.
I shot maybe 150 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet, with about 5 stoppages. These were FTEs which caused FTFs. I then shot about 100 rounds of Winchester bulk with no stoppages.Leave a comment:
-
I bought a Bushnell scope for $40. I'm heading out tomorrow to zero it, it's family range day with .22s.Leave a comment:
-
The one thing I liked about the 10/22 is that the receiver is already tapped for a weaver type of rail, at least on the one that I looked at. I haven't had any problems with the 3/8" dovetails on the Marlin however. However if it *really* came down to it, I'd rather have a weaver mount for the scope than the dovetails. Then again it's not like I'm going to toss my 795 in the back of my truck and go out varmit hunting. I'm sure if my gun got banged around a bit more than I might be singing another tune about the doves.
I say if it's going to be a range b'... grab the 795... grab an inexpensive .22 scope... grab an inexpensive bipod and plink away. Of course that's the same route I went... so take it for what it's worth.Leave a comment:
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,568
Posts: 25,149,310
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 35437 users online. 155 members and 35282 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Leave a comment: