Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Federal Automatch...???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Nvidkiller
    Member
    • May 2015
    • 176

    Originally posted by ZX9ALLDAY
    have you upgraded the extractor? makes the worlds difference .
    Extractor is factory. However, it shoots everything else just fine.

    Comment

    • #17
      Dutch3
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Oct 2010
      • 14181

      My Savage 64 chokes on it. Won't function at all. And this gun runs most cheap .22 with no problem.
      Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.

      Comment

      • #18
        mach
        Member
        • Jan 2018
        • 346

        Go CCI and never look back. That being said I need to get rid of my exsiting non CCI ammo to buy more CCI...lol
        sigpic
        -sic vis pacem para bellum
        -qui audet adipiscitur

        Comment

        • #19
          champu
          CGN Contributor
          • Nov 2013
          • 1981

          I’ve shot several boxes of the 325 round federal auto match and never had a problem in any gun, but the last I bought it was a few years ago. Since then I’ve been using the Fiocchi 40 grn 525 round white boxes that come three in an ammo can, Federal 36 grn 525 round boxes, and Aguila 40 grn 500 round high velocity (red stripe box) and all of those have worked very well.

          I did 30 round chronograph strings of the Federal (525 round box) and Aguila with a 16” tacsol AR-LT barrel a couple months ago and they were 1257 fps (sd 23.4) and 1174 fps (sd 17.5) respectively. It might be a couple weeks before I get to the range again, but I might pick up a box or two of automatch and chronograph it and the Fiocchi.
          Last edited by champu; 04-14-2018, 8:04 PM.

          Comment

          • #20
            Bainter1212
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2013
            • 5936

            My wife's 10/22 will tolerate around 100 rounds of Automatch before it starts stovepiping.
            When I take the gun apart, it is filthy. Clean it, and I can do another 100 rds.

            I KNOW it is the ammo, because when it starts to fail, I can switch to CCI Minimags and the thing runs fine, with or without cleaning.

            My other 22s don't seem to care, although the Automatch does filth those guns up pretty bad as well.

            Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • #21
              TMB 1
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2012
              • 7153

              My Ruger 10/22s, MkII and Standard does fine with Auto Match. Daughters Marlin 60 does fine with it too.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                Mutant
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2009
                • 828

                Eeh!
                Life is hard. Being stupid makes it harder. - John Wayne

                Comment

                • #23
                  Wordupmybrotha
                  From anotha motha
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 6965

                  Nope, works fine for me.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Jimi Jah
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2014
                    • 19264

                    Same here. Seems to cycle well in AR-22's. Usually all day without issues.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      lordmorgul
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Jul 2016
                      • 1203

                      Runs my GSG 1911 beautifully.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        elk hunter
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2014
                        • 2122

                        Never had a problem with Auto Match in any of my .22's. Marlin Mod 60 ran like a top on it, Ruger 10/22, Ruger pistols, all bolt guns and even the Sig Mosquito ran perfect on it. The Sig is "very" finicky about ammo and the Auto Match was the only one that ran 100% every time in it. My case + some is over 7 years old and stored in the garage.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          steelholder
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 3328

                          My 10/22 does not like those.
                          WTB 3rd Gen SW also looking for a 22 pistol with 6" bbl or longer

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Jimi Jah
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 19264

                            I have a lot of that stuff stored up here. I just got a Henry Golden Boy. I hope it works good in that.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              LT1Silverhawk
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2012
                              • 2063

                              Originally posted by mshill
                              Was shooting this stuff out of my Marlin 60. After 150 rounds without a problem, I opened a new box and it became a jam-o-matic. It seems that the rounds were underpowered and failed to fully cycle the action. Threw some ****ty Thunderbolts in it and it was fine.

                              Anyone else seen drastic differences between lots of Automatch?
                              Hey OP,

                              I had the exact symptoms you are describing with my Marlin 795. It was shooting the Automatch perfectly fine for the longest time. And then one day it did not like them at all.

                              I thought I had a crappy, under-charged batch of ammo. I had to work the action manually to load the next round.

                              In my rifle's case, the issue turned out to be that it needed a cleaning. Once I cleaned the entire action thoroughly (and replaced some springs and other items), its been perfectly fine with that ammo. I'm pretty sure the upgrades themselves didn't necessarily affect the Automatch's reliability in my rifle.
                              "...but I am still learning." - Jerry Miculek

                              "It is critical to understand this: Criminals don't fear guns. Criminals fear resolutely armed men or women they believe will actually shoot them." - Massad Ayoob

                              Selling Scopes.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1