Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Vintage Mohawk 22LR ammo, shoot it or keep/sell it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tdhanson
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2016
    • 37

    Vintage Mohawk 22LR ammo, shoot it or keep/sell it?

    In going through my fathers old guns and ammo I came across this old box of 500 (containing 25x20 individual boxes) Mohawk 22LR ammo. The box is in good shape with minor storage wear and is full except for 1 25 round box 1/2 full. So make it 485-490 rounds and all mini boxes and overall box accounted for.

    Is this worth keeping, or just shoot them?

    I see some auction sites and such asking quite a bit for each little box of 25. Some selling empty boxes even...

    I'm considering just hanging on to keep memories of dad near. He passed a couple years ago.

    So, ?

  • #2
    'ol shooter
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 4646

    Whether or not you shoot the ammo, save the boxes, collectors will want them.
    sigpic
    Bob B.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    Comment

    • #3
      Barbarosa
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 2166

      Maybe set some aside in a shadow box to keep the memories. I'd shoot the rest, maybe a few now and then on his Birthday or something like that.

      Comment

      • #4
        morrcarr67
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jul 2010
        • 15053



        Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
        Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

        Originally posted by Erion929

        Comment

        • #5
          GW
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2004
          • 16078

          See if anyone is selling them on Gunbroker or the other auction boards.
          sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

          Comment

          • #6
            olhunter
            CGN Contributor
            • Dec 2008
            • 3707

            Originally posted by tdhanson
            ...I'm considering just hanging on to keep memories of dad near. He passed a couple years ago...
            The memories are worth way more than the ammo.

            Keep it.
            It cannot be inherited, nor can it ever be purchased.
            You and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible to rent and cannot be lent.
            You alone and our own have earned it with...Your sweat, blood and lives. You own it forever.

            The title is....."United States Marine".


            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              Cody805
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2015
              • 1229

              Originally posted by olhunter
              The memories are worth way more than the ammo.

              Keep it.
              I agree keep it
              Money will not replace memories

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1