Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unfired Ruger Mark II: shoot it or trade?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    stevebla
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2015
    • 754

    Fun to have off rooster stuff. Shoot it.

    Comment

    • #17
      alpha_romeo_XV
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2006
      • 3141

      If the action is the same/as reliable as my Ruger 22/45 then definitely shoot it. I put a whole brick of cheap Blazer ammo thru it one afternoon without a single FTF or FTE. New/young shooters don't need a finiky pistol jamming on them when they're learning so this should be a nice fit.
      I always wished Ruger would put that Mark II eat anything 22LR action into a rifle like Browning did with their Buckmark.

      Comment

      • #18
        piratebike
        Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 279

        We're going to shoot it.

        I got some 22lr from a friend and going out this weekend with my son if his mom will let us.

        I will change out the grips soon.

        Any tips on break in?
        Thanks guys!

        Comment

        • #19
          E Michael
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 2513

          Are you having trouble finding 22. What area are you in

          Comment

          • #20
            E Michael
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 2513

            sorry was on mobile did not see your in so cal. I hope you have fun shooting it.

            Comment

            • #21
              piratebike
              Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 279

              Honestly haven't looked for 22 in about a year. Is it still hard to find?

              Comment

              • #22
                Spyder
                CGN Contributor
                • Mar 2008
                • 17273

                Send me the white grips!

                Comment

                • #23
                  ironhorse1
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2012
                  • 1005

                  The gun will be shot!

                  Good call. It is a tool made to be shot an enjoyed.

                  When we all take our dirt nap who cares what is was or might be worth.

                  Enjoy that pistol. I have put thousands of rounds through a MK1 and have no regrets.

                  No one is getting any unfired pistols from my estate.

                  Have fun!

                  irh

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    03fatboy
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 1826

                    Originally posted by piratebike
                    We're going to shoot it.

                    I got some 22lr from a friend and going out this weekend with my son if his mom will let us.

                    I will change out the grips soon.

                    Any tips on break in?
                    Thanks guys!


                    Good move. The NRA models are not collectible. Shoot it and enjoy it. I like CCI mini mags for break in.
                    USS ZELLARS
                    DD-777

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      M76
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2014
                      • 5953

                      Shoot it and enjoy it with family; memories are more valuable!
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by dunndeal
                      Stop digging.
                      Originally posted by BrassCase
                      I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
                      iTrader

                      https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        dyson
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 4342

                        answer is always shoot it

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          'ol shooter
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 4646

                          I have lot's of shooters, this one's for purty.


                          It would be cool to have a Ruger to go with it. P.M. me if you want to sell, and we can discuss.
                          sigpic
                          Bob B.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(")

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Sunday
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 5574

                            If you decde to keep the MKII unfired a Browning Buckmark would do fine.
                            California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              smittty
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 6272

                              Glad you decided to use it.

                              That's a really nice pistol!

                              I had a chance to buy one but wasn't interested until a few months went by and it was sold the day before I went to buy it. It's one of only two guns I regret not buying.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                volosong
                                Member
                                • Mar 2015
                                • 155

                                Originally posted by Spyder
                                Send me the white grips!
                                Sorry I'm late to the party. You can get Mark II simulated ivory white grips directly from Ruger. Got a set last year for my silver Mark II. Wasn't all that expensive either and looks a lot more classy than the old black grips.

                                Last edited by volosong; 07-09-2016, 5:28 PM. Reason: added photo - "thread worthless without pictures", right?
                                sigpic

                                Deut 6:5
                                ---
                                "Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia'".
                                - Vizzini during his 'battle of wits' with the Man in Black

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1