Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Colt Service Model Ace (floating chamber)22LR

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GM4spd
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2008
    • 5682

    Colt Service Model Ace (floating chamber)22LR

    Last produced about 1983,you see a lot of Colt Uppers marked as 22 Conversion
    Units,this TOP HALF came off a real Service Model Ace frame for some unknown reason.Just
    hooked it up to a present day XSE frame. Like most Colt's shoots just fine
    and looks even better! There is ONE for sale in the marketplace, I sniped this
    off GB for half of what is being asked for in the marketplace. The Service
    Model Ace has a floating chamber which gives the 22LR about 4x it's
    normal recoil. It was an attempt to simulate 45ACP recoil but falls way
    short although it does give a pretty good feel for some recoil impulse.
    Pete





    Last edited by GM4spd; 10-02-2015, 3:11 PM.
  • #2
    maxx03
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 1423

    Nice looking Colt, Pete.

    Comment

    • #3
      morrcarr67
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2010
      • 15053

      Very nice. I wish I had one.

      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

      Originally posted by Erion929

      Comment

      • #4
        wamphyri13
        CGN Contributor
        • Apr 2008
        • 2759

        I'll just leave these here.




        Ryan

        PS That's lint, not a scratch.
        The following statement is true.
        The preceding statement was false.

        Comment

        • #5
          153
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2015
          • 21

          Love the smaller slide on the original ACE!

          Comment

          • #6
            Twystd1
            Superfluous
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2009
            • 2692

            I have an ACE as well with the 2 piece chamber.

            Dam thing is very finicky with mags.

            It took me a long time to get 3 mags tweaked so they work consistently.

            Fun gun as well as being very accurate..

            NOTE: The barrel leads up FAST if I use non copper washed ammo.

            -T

            Comment

            • #7
              Mojave Desert
              Member
              • May 2011
              • 309

              Floating chamber = 4x recoil?
              Mine always leads up after a while and becomes effectively a fixed chamber pistol. I can't discern any recoil impulse differences between the two states.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1