Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Aguila SuperExtra

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    winetoad
    Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 410

    Group buy would be a great idea. CMP had .22 on backorder. Lady there told me they haven't shipped any since 2013

    Comment

    • #17
      Izzy43
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2670

      Got a case of the Std Vel from CMP and good ammo for the price. Same stuff as the discontinued Eley Sport. Cycles pistols and semi auto rifles fine. Not match grade stuff but decent for 25yd target shooting if your firearm likes it. The Eley Prime used in this ammo is one of the best for eliminating misfires, never had one in over 2000 rounds. I'll buy another case when I see it.

      Comment

      • #18
        Cal10
        Member
        • Feb 2015
        • 323

        Super Extra is RAD! I like their extra as well, the subsonic 60 gr. runs through my SR22 pistol like butter. It's a 60 grain tip (long) that's fitted on a 22 short casing, cycles like 1200 fps bulk ammo. Great stuff, but it smells like Fiocci, they must put allspice in it or something.

        Comment

        • #19
          olhunter
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2008
          • 3707

          Originally posted by winetoad
          ... Lady there told me they haven't shipped any since 2013
          Nah. My Aguila was shipped from CMP mid-2014.
          It cannot be inherited, nor can it ever be purchased.
          You and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible to rent and cannot be lent.
          You alone and our own have earned it with...Your sweat, blood and lives. You own it forever.

          The title is....."United States Marine".


          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            APeter001
            Member
            • May 2014
            • 305

            They are good performers in 29gr .22 short; better than the golden bullet for sure. I never had a misfire in over 500 rds.

            Comment

            • #21
              Degrelle
              Banned
              • Oct 2014
              • 364

              Originally posted by 003
              Aguila is first rate ammunition.
              This

              Comment

              • #22
                23's Dad
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 502

                I gave it a whirl

                I bought a box of Aguila SE to test in my Advantage Arms conversion kit. I did not have much success with it. It works okay in my single action pistol. I don't run copper washed ammo in my match guns.

                I found the Aguila Interceptor to be a much better match for the conversion kit. The Interceptor is also copper washed but waxed too (like SK). There are little puddles of wax in the packaging under each bullet tip.

                The SE was copper washed and unwaxed.

                Comment

                • #23
                  RawHP
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • 633

                  Originally posted by 23's Dad
                  I bought a box of Aguila SE to test in my Advantage Arms conversion kit. I did not have much success with it. It works okay in my single action pistol. I don't run copper washed ammo in my match guns.

                  I found the Aguila Interceptor to be a much better match for the conversion kit. The Interceptor is also copper washed but waxed too (like SK). There are little puddles of wax in the packaging under each bullet tip.

                  The SE was copper washed and unwaxed.
                  I noticed the "Super Extra" comes in different velocities. The high velocity is copper coated, but the standard velocity that I bought is lead round nosed, and lubed.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    GreggieBoy
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 923

                    Shot in my Remington 597 the first year I had it. Reliable and grouped well.
                    NRA Life Member
                    2nd Amendment Rights Supporter

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      23's Dad
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 502

                      Seems weird

                      Originally posted by RawHP
                      I noticed the "Super Extra" comes in different velocities. The high velocity is copper coated, but the standard velocity that I bought is lead round nosed, and lubed.
                      I found it very difficult to locate the velocity information on the web. The Aguila line seems to be rapidly evolving.

                      It seems a poor marketing decision to have both SV lubed lead and HV copper washed with the same name on the box...

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        stitchnicklas
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 7091

                        i have a brick of the aguila Super Maximum hyper velocity rimfire stuff is so wicked.......1750 feet per second.


                        a little hard to come by...

                        shot it at the rimfire springback targets and it left impressions and dents..lol

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          RawHP
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • 633

                          Originally posted by stitchnicklas
                          i have a brick of the aguila Super Maximum hyper velocity rimfire stuff is so wicked.......1750 feet per second.


                          a little hard to come by...

                          shot it at the rimfire springback targets and it left impressions and dents..lol
                          There's 20 or so bricks available here:


                          With shipping, it make most sense if you get at least 3 bricks ($12 shipping), or more (4 to 5 bricks shipping is $14), 10 is the max. I think you need a long barrel to achieve the full 1750 fps. I was a YouTube reviews and it was measuring about 200fps less on the chrono with an 18' and 21" barrel.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Darryl Licht
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 2259

                            $49 per brick here: https://www.unammo.com/#Rimfire
                            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
                            --Thomas Jefferson
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              RawHP
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2014
                              • 633

                              I shot 100 rounds out of the three bricks of Super Extra Standard Velocity I have yesterday. I wasn't too impressed. No failures, but the groups were 3/4"-1" at 50 yards. The other standard velocity ammos I was shooting all were grouping between 3/8"-1/2". CCI MiniMags were right around 1/2".

                              I'll try it one more time on another day, but if I have the same performance, it's going into the pistol plinking ammo box. Remington Golden Bullets and Winchester white box have the same accuracy or slightly better at the same range, but at half the price.

                              Maybe I'll have better accuracy in my pistols, who knows.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                TRAP55
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 5536

                                Originally posted by RawHP
                                I shot 100 rounds out of the three bricks of Super Extra Standard Velocity I have yesterday. I wasn't too impressed. No failures, but the groups were 3/4"-1" at 50 yards. The other standard velocity ammos I was shooting all were grouping between 3/8"-1/2". CCI MiniMags were right around 1/2".

                                I'll try it one more time on another day, but if I have the same performance, it's going into the pistol plinking ammo box. Remington Golden Bullets and Winchester white box have the same accuracy or slightly better at the same range, but at half the price.

                                Maybe I'll have better accuracy in my pistols, who knows.
                                If you want, I'll swap ya a couple of boxes of the High Velocity for the Standard Velocity, I'd like to try that in my High Standard Lightweight.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1