Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Burris fastfire 3 will not stay on

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mwr
    Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 325

    Burris fastfire 3 will not stay on

    I have a fastfire 3 mounted to a S&W M&P .22.
    This is a new FF, I have changed batteries, cleaned the contact, nothing seems to work. After three to five rounds it just shuts off. I remove and replace the battery and it may or may not start right up.
    After it little bit it comes back alive.
    Any suggestions before I return it?
  • #2
    Munny$hot
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 3665

    Are the contacts flattened down?
    Can DI AR's run dirty?

    Palmetto State Armory Suppliers revealed

    "If it ain't stock, it don't belong on your Glock"

    Comment

    • #3
      mwr
      Member
      • Aug 2013
      • 325

      Are you referring to the bright silver "plate" that the battery rests on?

      If so, I do not see any "tabs" that look as if they should be bent up.

      Could I have over tightened the battery holder and crushed these tabs?

      Thank u, mark

      Comment

      • #4
        dc2allday
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 3559

        Grab a hammer, it's either good or no good find out
        sigpic
        Originally posted by gun toting monkeyboy
        You did ask. They were only following your instructions. Next time be a bit more careful in how you phrase your posts. If you give people a straight line like that, this is about the level of response you are bound to get. Just be glad you didn't post "Date this rifle"... Those pictures are usually very disturbing.

        -Mb

        Comment

        • #5
          mwr
          Member
          • Aug 2013
          • 325

          ..lol.... me try your fix on yours first before I whack mine.

          Comment

          • #6
            Zartan
            In Memoriam
            • Nov 2010
            • 6269

            Originally posted by mwr
            yours first before I whack mine.

            "If he won't walk, walk him...be nice"
            -Dalton



            WTS: 870 Barrel Clamp/Railed Mount

            http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...af415fafe8.jpg

            Comment

            • #7
              OpticsPlanet
              Vendor/Retailer
              • Apr 2009
              • 2129

              Mine doesn't do that. It has been on an AR, a 1911, a .30-30 and a .22.

              I would return it for a new one.

              Mark H.
              CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

              OpticsPlanet
              http://www.opticsplanet.com
              Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
              Send us a private message if we can be of help!

              Comment

              • #8
                mwr
                Member
                • Aug 2013
                • 325

                I walked right into that one....

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1