Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone using the Burris P.E.P.R. Scope Mount?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    OpticsPlanet
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Apr 2009
    • 2129

    If "Made In China" splinters your chopsticks, take a look at the DNZ "Freedom Reaper" mount - made in the US of A, in North Carolina:



    Available in 1" and 30MM. I have one on my RRA AR, and three DNZ's on other guns for a total of four. I tried the Burris P.E.P.R., the Nikon M-223 mount, and this, and I liked the DNZ a lot. It has a number of things going for it – it starts as a solid block, and the first CNC machining pass makes what becomes the ring centers... the rings cannot be misaligned. It also eliminates any possibility of the rings loosening from recoil. It’s hard anodized, requires no lapping, has hex-head screws, and best of all, as I said above - made in the USA, in North Carolina. I can’t say enough good things about them – they look like they grew out of the top of the gun.

    I like the fact that if you call DNZ, they can answer any question quickly. They have even put a machinist on the phone when I have called.

    Mark H.
    CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

    OpticsPlanet
    http://www.opticsplanet.com
    Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
    Send us a private message if we can be of help!

    Comment

    • #17
      CACitUP
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 618

      I dont think the DNZ is comparable to the PEPR. 2-3 times the price? I would go for a LaRue of AD and stick with a proven name for that price.

      Comment

      • #18
        negolien
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 4829

        I use it on my flat top with a Bushnell Banner no issues. Does seem to mount a tad low but might just be me....
        "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

        George Orwell

        http://www.AnySoldier.com

        Comment

        • #19
          OpticsPlanet
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Apr 2009
          • 2129

          Originally posted by CACitUP
          I dont think the DNZ is comparable to the PEPR. 2-3 times the price? I would go for a LaRue of AD and stick with a proven name for that price.
          I don't think the DNZ comparable to the P.E.P.R., either. I think it's better. More expensive? Yes, it's made in America by American craftsmen who are paid a fair wage for their skills.

          I agree with you that the LaRue is a superior product, also made in America, as the price reflects.

          With either the DNZ or the LaRue, I would be happy to purchase once, and have a product that lasts, and know my money went to pay a fellow American's salary.

          It is a good time to be alive, with the variety of products to choose from.
          CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

          OpticsPlanet
          http://www.opticsplanet.com
          Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
          Send us a private message if we can be of help!

          Comment

          • #20
            GUNNTZ
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 923

            Using one on my flattop AR. Very stable, easy to adjust and was priced right. There are other products out there, but this one fit the bill. I'm all in for buying American products, but not when it breaks the bank for something simple. Hell the American vehicles we buy are made of 40-60% foreign materials, what's wrong with that picture??

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1