I have a Belarus MTK-83 high rise side mount for my russian saiga 7.62. I'm wondering if this side mount will also work on a romanian PSL.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
PSL side mount
Collapse
X
-
-
Mine is stamped :
FPK Dragunov
7.62x54mm
Made in Romania/Armexim
TGI Knox TN
Is that century arms ?
Comment
-
-
That's because of military adoption, and not a civi marketing decision. Both mount versions are available. The SVD (PSL) rail is mounted higher on the side of the receiver then an AK mount.sigpic
69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24KComment
-
PSL rail could be out of spec too. I looked at a few at the Reno show and one had a rail shaped like a banana. Mine is a bit wonky, but it works. I also have 2 spare SVD and 2 AK mounts sitting here and only one AK and one SVD mount actually work on my rail. I put the mounts side-by-side and the non-working ones are at least 1/16-1/8" wider. Like I said the VOMZ russian made mounts are the only ones I'd really trust to work properly.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,153
Posts: 25,144,883
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,510
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 57391 users online. 84 members and 57307 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment