Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best red dot and holograph optics

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dirtlaw
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2018
    • 3480

    Best red dot and holograph optics

    I've been up to my eyeballs in work for awhile so I'm out of touch with what's happening. What is considered today as the best red dot / holographic (i.e. short range) optic for (1) a pistol and (2) a high powered long gun (i.e. heavy recoil)?
  • #2
    Munny$hot
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 3665

    I'd say RMR 06 3MOA Type II for a pistola and a Comp series Aimpoint for rifles
    Can DI AR's run dirty?

    Palmetto State Armory Suppliers revealed

    "If it ain't stock, it don't belong on your Glock"

    Comment

    • #3
      waveslayer
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 1728

      EO Tech, Holosun, Trijicon, Fast Fire IV, lots of options. Docter optics, not well known

      Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #4
        enorbit3
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 2656

        I dont think you will find one answer to your question. People have preferences and this is a subjective topic. There isnt one optic to rule them all in either of those categories.
        LAPD CCW Timeline:
        Application Sent/Rec'd - 10/11/22
        Interview Scheduled - 2/20/22
        Interview & Live Scan- 2/21/22
        DOJ/FBI - 2/22/23
        CCW Training - 2/25/23
        Firearms - 3/1/23
        LAPD CCW Approval Call - 3/20/23
        CCW Permit Issued/picked up - 4/11/23

        Comment

        • #5
          crufflers
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2011
          • 12723

          Electronic (battery) RMR, Aimpoint PRO, MRO.

          Comment

          • #6
            teflondog
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 4011

            Aimpoint T2 or Comp M5.
            Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
            Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

            Comment

            • #7
              Dirtlaw
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Apr 2018
              • 3480

              So I'm hearing pretty much the old top dogs. I have a couple of shotguns I need to finish out and my great weakness is a defensive handgun. What I have is tied to traditional sights and I need an optical to stay in the game. The easiest course, I think, is to simply get a new handgun with the sight installed.

              Comment

              • #8
                rodralig
                CGN Contributor
                • Apr 2016
                • 4262

                Originally posted by Dirtlaw
                I've been up to my eyeballs in work for awhile so I'm out of touch with what's happening. What is considered today as the best red dot / holographic (i.e. short range) optic for (1) a pistol and (2) a high powered long gun (i.e. heavy recoil)?
                There is no such thing as best… It is what works for you…

                That said, what is the use case for either? Static range use? Tactical/defensive classes? Competition? Home defense? Budget?

                My handguns:
                • Competition: Trijicon SRO
                • Range Use: Holosun or Swampfox
                • Defense: Trijicon RMR


                My long gun:
                • Defense/Range Use: Eotech XPS with Vortex 3X magnifier
                • Offset: Trijicon RMR



                _

                WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

                Comment

                • #9
                  HKAllTheThings
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2020
                  • 1313

                  Holographic = only 2 choices: EOTech or Vortex Huey.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    theLBC
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Oct 2017
                    • 7321

                    i'd get an SRO, and in fact ordered one, but cancelled because i didn't want to wait 3 more months and bought a $2k air rifle instead

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      crufflers
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 12723

                      I just now ordered another Aimpoint PRO. I like that sight on a rifle and I like the rotary switch, battery life, indestructible-ness. Good mounts are available cheap right now, not that the included one and spacer are not bomb-proof too (and QD enough). World champ best buy red dot for a AR rifle IMHO.



                      You get these cool pouches... you can put your weed in it or clips for your nine.



                      Last edited by crufflers; 10-29-2021, 1:49 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        static2126
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 5619

                        I love aimpoint, but love the eotech reticule for close range. So holosun it is.

                        Holding up well for over 7k rounds in training and not babies. The optics get banged on things all the time tossed in trunks, etc

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1