Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Delta Stryker 1-6

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Ki6vsm
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 2354

    Jumping in on an older thread. Where does someone in the US buy a Delta Stryker these days? I searched but the vendors that pop up are unknown to me.

    FYI, I just picked up a Vortex Viper PST G2 in 1-6x. It's a very nice scope of course, but I am not crazy about the weight. One thing not mentioned yet in this thread is the Stryker's 17 oz weight. That's a quarter pound less, give or take, than the Viper. Very appealing to me, along with the Stryker's other benefits.

    Edit: I see it's avail on Amazon. Wouldn't mind knowing of another source.

    .
    Last edited by Ki6vsm; 01-14-2022, 7:54 AM.

    Comment

    • #17
      Mute
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 8596

      Originally posted by Ki6vsm
      Jumping in on an older thread. Where does someone in the US buy a Delta Stryker these days? I searched but the vendors that pop up are unknown to me.

      FYI, I just picked up a Vortex Viper PST G2 in 1-6x. It's a very nice scope of course, but I am not crazy about the weight. One thing not mentioned yet in this thread is the Stryker's 17 oz weight. That's a quarter pound less, give or take, than the Viper. Very appealing to me, along with the Stryker's other benefits.

      Edit: I see it's avail on Amazon. Wouldn't mind knowing of another source.

      .
      These guys regularly stock the Delta Stryker:

      EDgun West Store - Leshiy 2 Edgun Fenix Epic Airguns Steyr Airguns Airmaks Airms Airgun Technology
      NRA Benefactor Life Member
      NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


      American Marksman Training Group
      Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

      Comment

      • #18
        Ki6vsm
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2013
        • 2354

        Ah thanks. Too bad for me, out of stock right now.

        I did find a place in Europe who'll sell to the US. Better price too. Mostly very positive reviews of them online. I just want to reach out first and make sure they'd be no surprise duty/customs charges.

        Comment

        • #19
          Mark77
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2016
          • 851

          Originally posted by Ki6vsm
          Ah thanks. Too bad for me, out of stock right now.

          I did find a place in Europe who'll sell to the US. Better price too. Mostly very positive reviews of them online. I just want to reach out first and make sure they'd be no surprise duty/customs charges.
          I bought mine through Darn Fine Shot. They offer discounts of 4% for Zelle and 2% for Venmo, as well. You have to email them for best price.
          Partisanship is cancer. Glory to the USA, glory to Ukraine, and I hope that someday Russia is free and the normal people have a voice.

          AR-15 parts for sale:

          https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k-etc-san-jose

          Comment

          • #20
            Ki6vsm
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2013
            • 2354

            Originally posted by Mark77
            I bought mine through Darn Fine Shot. They offer discounts of 4% for Zelle and 2% for Venmo, as well. You have to email them for best price.
            Thanks. I decided just to call him the other day. Nice guy. He explained that discount stuff to me but I was paying with a CC anyway. And his quoted price was VERY reasonable compared to the "official" online price so didn't question anything. I should be receiving my Stryker 1-6x on Saturday.

            Comment

            • #21
              Ki6vsm
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2013
              • 2354

              Following up. Received my Stryker 1-6x the other day. Very nice little scope. Very high quality for sure. Great glass. Noticeably smaller and lighter than the Viper PST G2 I just returned. In fact, this Stryker's weight, combined with the SIG Alpha3 mount I have it on, weighs the same as the bare Viper PST.

              BTW, SIG Alpha3, this might be a hidden gem. Not a quick-release type, I'll say up front. But it's machined from 7075-T6 and uses all titanium hardware. On my kitchen scale it's only 4.8 oz. That's lighter than just about anyone's mount I know of, save the Aero ultra-lights. Center height off the rail is 1.535".

              Comment

              • #22
                Ki6vsm
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2013
                • 2354

                Finally got the Stryker mounted. FYI, it's on a BCM upper that has their 410SS medium profile 16" barrel. I believe it's BCM's original "Recce" barrel, patterned after the original Crane-SEAL RECCE design, more or less. Had it a while. It's on its third handguard now.


                Attached Files
                Last edited by Ki6vsm; 02-06-2022, 9:21 AM.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Iron Lion
                  Member
                  • Oct 2014
                  • 176

                  Originally posted by Ki6vsm
                  Finally got the Stryker mounted. FYI, it's on a BCM upper that has their 410SS medium profile 16" barrel. I believe it's their original "Recce" barrel, patterned after the original Crane design I think, more or less.
                  Very nice setup and the first time I'm seeing this mount

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Mark77
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2016
                    • 851

                    Originally posted by Ki6vsm
                    Finally got the Stryker mounted. FYI, it's on a BCM upper that has their 410SS medium profile 16" barrel. I believe it's BCM's original "Recce" barrel, patterned after the original Crane-SEAL RECCE design, more or less. Had it a while. It's on its third handguard now.


                    Nice!
                    Partisanship is cancer. Glory to the USA, glory to Ukraine, and I hope that someday Russia is free and the normal people have a voice.

                    AR-15 parts for sale:

                    https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k-etc-san-jose

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Ki6vsm
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2013
                      • 2354

                      Originally posted by Mark77
                      Nice!
                      Thanks. I'm a little on the fence about the reticle choice I made. I got the more popular DSMR version, with the thicker lines and extra mil marks all around. It all seems bolder when actually looking through the scope than when seen in youtube vids. I'll have to get out to the desert at some point soon for a real world evaluation.

                      When ordering, I was on the fence about which one to get. The simpler DGMR has finer lines by about 1/3 and of course fewer hash marks. Basically, just mil marks for holdovers. The bolder, busier DSMR is probably a better choice for competition shooting, maybe HD? But of course with both having a bright little center doc, that might be an equalizer.

                      I will say that the center dot on my DSMR is very bright. Almost too bright even at the lowest setting to use in low light. At "1" indoors, I see a little flaring shooting off the sides of the dot at about 10 and 4. Might be caused by my corrective eyewear though. I can't say how it'd look to person with perfect vision and thus no glasses.

                      On the dot itself, here are some numbers I calculated, in case anyone's interested. I'll convert the mil numbers to MOA for a better comparison with red-dots and holographic sights.

                      The DSMR's dot is .18 mil with scope on 6x. That translates to .648 MOA. So at 1x, the dot becomes ~3.9 MOA.

                      The DGMR's dot is .11 mil with scope on 6x. So, it's .396 MOA. And at 1x, the dot becomes ~2.4 MOA.

                      So if anyone figures on heavily relying on this LPVS's illuminated center point, these numbers might be helpful. It'd seem that the DGMR is more suited to precision shots at longer distances than the DSMR.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        1111buckdaddy
                        Member
                        • May 2022
                        • 280

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Ki6vsm
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2013
                          • 2354

                          That's who I bought mine from. I phoned him and got a price under $800, but I can't recall if the deal he gave me was quite that low. Good to hear.

                          Which reticle did you get? DSMR or DGMR?

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            1111buckdaddy
                            Member
                            • May 2022
                            • 280

                            DSMR


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Dennis
                              Member
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 265

                              I'm happy with mine. I got a good deal on a used one in our marketplace. Great seller, great price, great LPVO.
                              Would like to buy 357 Maximum ammo.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                1111buckdaddy
                                Member
                                • May 2022
                                • 280

                                Awesome, I am going to sell my Trijicon HX 1-4, not happy with it Lol.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1