Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

EOtech alternative

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kevrok805
    Member
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2013
    • 99

    EOtech alternative

    EOtechs are so dang expensive and I'm looking for something for my AR. Aany suggestions? And what's up y'all? Missed you guys it has been awhile still dealing with health issues.
  • #2
    Agent 0range
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 1040

    Look at Primary Arms. Several solid options that won't break the bank. I've been using a micro dot for about 6 months now with zero issues. Plenty of great reviews both here and on the PA website.
    Originally posted by Mezcalfud
    Because a Glock looks great in the case and then when you take it home it feels like you're holding a Costco pack of Kielbasa.

    Comment

    • #3
      ArmsUnlimited
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2012
      • 1290

      Though they are about the same price as an EOTech I would suggest going with a Trijicon MRO, they will last as long as the weapon you put them on, just need to change the battery every few years

      Arms Unlimited; the gold standard in law enforcement supply. Offering the best deals on firearms AR15 rifles, ammunition, accessories, optics, body armor, and tactical gear.



      PM me if you are interested and I can work a special price for you
      sales@armsunlimited.com
      Subscribe to our email list for the latest deals/updates
      www.ArmsUnlimited.com

      Warehouse open to LE/MIL Only
      3515 W Post Rd, Ste 125
      Las Vegas, NV 89118

      Comment

      • #4
        camaroguy2012
        Banned
        • Jan 2015
        • 697

        whats price range? lotta good reviews on holosun, i also like sigs romeo optics

        Comment

        • #5
          Socal858
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2006
          • 2177

          Trijicon MRO's and Meprolight RDS's are pretty good. I've run a Meprolight on my BCM for a year and a half now and it's great

          Comment

          • #6
            DeadWhiteGoose
            Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 477

            I just bought a Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope and damn is it sweet! Brand new for $250 (love eBay) but even on Amazon its $305 right now.

            They have a 1x model for even cheaper. Beautiful reticle on the 3x though. Red or green illumination option and since it's a prism scope, even if the battery dies there is still a reticle!


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            MagicPrepper.com YouTube Channel
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              jmaglipay
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2007
              • 1360

              Look at the Vortex sparc 2. It might still be on sale at OpticsPlanet. I got mine for 150. It sitting in my ksh

              Comment

              • #8
                frickitsjon
                Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 226

                Does anyone know if the new Eotechs have been fixed after the floating zero issue?

                Comment

                • #9
                  SuperSet
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 9048

                  Originally posted by frickitsjon
                  Does anyone know if the new Eotechs have been fixed after the floating zero issue?
                  Thermal drift still an issue. Have you seen the published statement on the EOTech page?

                  Discover EOTECH's range of advanced optics and holographic weapon sights designed for professional shooters, law enforcement, and military use. You can experience unmatched accuracy and durability with EOTECH.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    frickitsjon
                    Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 226

                    Originally posted by SuperSet
                    Thermal drift still an issue. Have you seen the published statement on the EOTech page?

                    http://www.eotechinc.com/dear-valued-eotech-customer
                    Thank you for that...

                    I still have my 512... Was on the cusp of returning it.. and still may. Where I live, I doubt I'll ever be using my rifle in 32deg or lower weather, but you never know if SHTF.

                    OP,

                    Might help if you specified what you were looking for... Are you in the market for something for close range? Or something with magnification?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Erion929
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 4706

                      Another who switched to the Vortex Spitfire, mine in 1x....love the prism sight with the etched reticle that is always there, plus illumination if needed, as it eliminates the astigmatism issue I have with red dots.

                      The $180 price I got it for was also nicer than the $450+......
                      Join Active Junky for online rebates....$10 to both you and me!

                      https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017


                      Comment

                      • #12
                        echang72
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 580

                        What is your budget? That's going to determine what your options are. Honestly with optics, you should buy once and cry once. (:

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Kevrok805
                          Member
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Feb 2013
                          • 99

                          How about Burris or Sun optics? Budget is &150-$250

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            all-cal
                            Member
                            • Dec 2013
                            • 335

                            This is really big news. Elite Defense is now representing the Specter line of optics from Elcan and they're debuting a pre-production version of the S ...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Mute
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 8597

                              Originally posted by Kevrok805
                              How about Burris or Sun optics? Budget is &150-$250
                              In this price range, I think your best optionone of the Primary Arms red dot sights.
                              NRA Benefactor Life Member
                              NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


                              American Marksman Training Group
                              Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1