Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

EOtech alternative

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    firebert
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 1349

    Sightmark Ultra Shot has a large viewing window and reticle similar to the EOTech but it's regarded as a plinker optic.

    Holosun Circle Dot is the size of a aimpoint micro but it has a reticle similar to an EOTech.
    03FFL - NRA Life Member - GOA Member

    Comment

    • #17
      fragthefreaks
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 617

      I have the best luck searching gun show tables.

      some of the vendors (usually noobs) have no idea what they have there on display. With all of the sub-$100 red dot sights being sold on Ebay, it's easy to see how something can be missed or mispriced

      My all time best find was an Aimpoint T1 new in the box for $125 when they were brand new on the market, major poker face maintenance moment when I asked to see it and got my money out.
      I've always wondered if that vendor ever realized what they had done.........

      I just preordered a Vortex Viper red dot for $229, free shipping, waiting for Vortex to re-release it with better battery life

      Last edited by fragthefreaks; 02-06-2016, 6:20 PM.

      Comment

      • #18
        Chunky_lover
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 1938

        Originally posted by frickitsjon
        Thank you for that...

        I still have my 512... Was on the cusp of returning it.. and still may. Where I live, I doubt I'll ever be using my rifle in 32deg or lower weather, but you never know if SHTF.

        OP,

        Might help if you specified what you were looking for... Are you in the market for something for close range? Or something with magnification?
        as long as you keep back up sights installed,and zerod it wont matter if the eo tech shifts a little in extreme temps

        just verify what its at before use in those conditions with the back up sights

        everyone is just caught up in the hype
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          machrono
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 637

          This has been around since Vietnam and still considered by many as the fastest combat red dot you can buy.

          Comment

          • #20
            ifilef
            Banned
            • Apr 2008
            • 5665

            Bushnell TRS-25 with AR HiRise mount- $71.99 Optics Planet

            Originally posted by AreWeFree
            ...

            I think the Bushnell TRS-25 is great and they're often on sale for $60 - $70. Mine has been 100% for about 5 years now.

            ...
            I jumped on this right away:



            Bushnell TRS-25 with High Mount AR for $71.99! There's another one that is black for more $. This one apparently does not specify a color.
            Last edited by ifilef; 03-07-2016, 10:45 PM.

            Comment

            • #21
              laabstract
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 1960

              I would just save up for a used Eotech, they come on here for pretty good prices from time to time.
              In memory of Ricky Lee Turner, January 16th 2009 Baghdad Iraq

              In memory of Rogelio Antonio Ramirez, August 26th 2007
              Saqlawiyah Iraq

              "most people quick to go to war haven't seen it."-
              unknown

              Check out my YouTube page
              http://www.youtube.com/user/DJCBX/videos

              Comment

              • #22
                Icypu
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 1051

                Originally posted by laabstract
                I would just save up for a used Eotech, they come on here for pretty good prices from time to time.
                I turned in your 512 for refund. How's .357 Sig treating you?

                Comment

                • #23
                  ifilef
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 5665

                  Originally posted by Chunky_lover
                  as long as you keep back up sights installed,and zerod it wont matter if the eo tech shifts a little in extreme temps

                  just verify what its at before use in those conditions with the back up sights

                  everyone is just caught up in the hype
                  True statement in bold, above. No more BUIS for me (sold my steel Magpul MBUS Pro iron sights) and no Eotech or Aimpoint!

                  YMMV, but my AR is solely for fun and range/target use, with slight chance for some hunting, and out to distance if I desire. I choose not to use it for any kind of HD due to size and layout of my residence. HD- handguns, only, for me.

                  Mounted a scope on the Sig M400 rail, e.g., the Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9x40. Getting a TRS-25, also.

                  YMMV, but I have no need nor desire to spend ~$500 or more for a tactical red dot or holographic sight on an AR-15, even if used for HD. But, having said that, 'to each his own', difference between men and boys is the price of their 'toys', but a lot of it is pure marketing hype for something that is not going to happen by about 99.9%, if not more. Money is better spent on practice ammo, IMO.
                  Last edited by ifilef; 03-08-2016, 9:01 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    varanidguy
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2014
                    • 1188

                    For budget sights, I would be looking at Vortex. If you're willing to spend $350-$450, I would be look at Aimpoint. I will be buying an EOTech in the future, but only if they fix their issue. It's really the principle of the matter. I replaced my EOTech with an Aimpoint PRO and love the sight, lots of complaints about the Trijicon MRO out the gates, so I would let that run its course and maybe consider the second generation. Just my opinion.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      hdpauly
                      Junior Member
                      • Aug 2015
                      • 99

                      Check out the bushnell first strike it's on optic planet for 127.00
                      Either way if you click on red dot sights there are several that look good enough
                      Last edited by hdpauly; 03-08-2016, 9:40 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Wallabing
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 1499

                        Nobody here likes Cmore sights? I've tried them and liked them. They go on sale every now and then on Amazon.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          baekacaek
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2014
                          • 631

                          If your budget is around $150 - 200, I'd look at Vortex's offerings. These sights have very good reviews, and with Vortex, you get lifetime unconditional warranty, which is amazing. Something breaks? send it in and Vortex will repair or replace for free, for life.
                          - Vortex Strikefire 2
                          - Vortex Sparc
                          - Vortex Spitfire 1x

                          The first 2 are red dot sights, with about 1000-3000 hours of battery life. The spitfire is a prism scope, which means you get the reticle even if the battery goes out, and it's great for people with astigmatism. But the downside of a prism scope is that you dont get unlimited eye relief, and cant be combined with a magnifier.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Chief-7700
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2008
                            • 3382

                            Aimpoint PRO

                            XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
                            IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
                            NRA Certified RSO
                            "Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              deadcoyote
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 4002

                              I'm a big fan of the primary arms 2.5x fixed ACSS scopes. Basically can run like a red dot but better at distance too.
                              Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                OpticsPlanet
                                Vendor/Retailer
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 2129

                                Originally posted by baekacaek
                                If your budget is around $150 - 200, I'd look at Vortex's offerings. These sights have very good reviews, and with Vortex, you get lifetime unconditional warranty, which is amazing. Something breaks? send it in and Vortex will repair or replace for free, for life.
                                - Vortex Strikefire 2
                                - Vortex Sparc
                                - Vortex Spitfire 1x

                                The first 2 are red dot sights, with about 1000-3000 hours of battery life. The spitfire is a prism scope, which means you get the reticle even if the battery goes out, and it's great for people with astigmatism. But the downside of a prism scope is that you dont get unlimited eye relief, and cant be combined with a magnifier.
                                The man is not wrong...if none of those does it for you, I would say check out Holosun or Primary Arms.

                                If you are trying to find another circle dot reticle, Holosun has one.

                                -Matt S.
                                CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

                                OpticsPlanet
                                http://www.opticsplanet.com
                                Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
                                Send us a private message if we can be of help!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1