Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Optic advice for 357 lever rifle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SHYGUY5150
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 82

    Optic advice for 357 lever rifle

    Looking for a quality scope for my Golden boy 357 rifle pls advise .. thx john
    "Motivation and enthusiasm are contagious, and so is the lack of them" Uncle Jerry reg. quote
  • #2
    Click Boom
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2013
    • 6955

    Price? ???????????????????????????????

    Comment

    • #3
      Nirrad
      Member
      • May 2009
      • 450

      Redfield Revolution 2-7x33
      I ain't no rough guy, ain't no tough guy. Don't get out much, and don't dress up fly. A pawn in the game that's all I am. Givin all my duckets to Uncle Sam, ...

      Comment

      • #4
        GMG
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2008
        • 7974

        Optics don't belong on a lever Rifle...............MOHO.
        sigpic

        A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

        Comment

        • #5
          bphage
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 86

          aimpoint micro; if just for fun I have multiple Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 red dot sights and they work well enough. What you want to use the rifle for is most important. I doubt you will use that rifle out to a range where you will need magnification otherwise redfiled makes some cost effective products that I use on some fun guns.

          Comment

          • #6
            Horrendo Revolver
            Senior Member
            • May 2015
            • 1013

            Many people like a 1-4, with my eyes I need a little more. Someone asked your budget. A Burris Fullfield II 2-7x35 for around $170.00 works great. A VX-3 1.75-6x32 is awesome, for quite a bit more money.

            Comment

            • #7
              TripleThreat
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2012
              • 2642

              Originally posted by GMG
              Optics don't belong on a lever Rifle...............MOHO.
              Exactly.
              1911 "The MILF of handguns"

              LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

              Comment

              • #8
                drifts1
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2007
                • 1443

                ^^^ this. NO OPTICS ON LEVER RIFLES

                Comment

                • #9
                  Citadelgrad87
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 16976

                  Check weld is difficult if not impossible.
                  Originally posted by tony270
                  It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                  Originally posted by repubconserv
                  Print it out and frame it for all I care
                  Originally posted by el chivo
                  I don't need to think at all..
                  Originally posted by pjsig
                  You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    TripleThreat
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 2642

                    Originally posted by drifts1
                    ^^^ this. NO OPTICS ON LEVER RIFLES, UNLESS IT'S AN ACOG.
                    Fixed.
                    1911 "The MILF of handguns"

                    LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      OpticsPlanet
                      Vendor/Retailer
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 2129

                      Well, since no price or application listed...

                      I would go with a low power like the Accupower 1-4

                      or the Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8

                      -Matt S.
                      CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

                      OpticsPlanet
                      http://www.opticsplanet.com
                      Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
                      Send us a private message if we can be of help!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        nickel plate
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 2134

                        For those of you who say that scopes don't belong on a lever rifle, I was entrenched in your camp about twenty years ago. I'm not going to stop shooting my .357 JM pre safety 1894 Marlin just because my vision isn't what it used to be.
                        Went with a Leupold VX2 1-4x20mm.
                        Last edited by nickel plate; 07-11-2016, 9:02 AM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TripleThreat
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 2642

                          Or


                          Triple
                          1911 "The MILF of handguns"

                          LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            nickel plate
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 2134

                            Originally posted by TripleThreat
                            Or


                            Triple
                            What are you suggesting? My vision is my vision.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SBsasquatch
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2013
                              • 828

                              Diopter you must... The front sight you will see
                              Last edited by SBsasquatch; 03-06-2016, 7:37 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1