Considering which optic to go with for a .308 rifle and am trying to understand the acog better. What are the advantages to the different reticles? I like the triangle bc that is the only one I have used but any thoughts from people who have them would be appreciated. Is there any other differences that I should look into, I want the dual illuminated version. ( I think?)
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Acog help
Collapse
X
-
First you need to pick a magnification range and see if you have options within those selections...
If you want a 4x BAC and dual illuminated or LED I don't think you can get the chevron... most of those options I think are for 223, 6.8, and 300 BLK...
You might have to select from the 4x32 or 3.5x35ExtremeX -
The second number indicates the size of the objective.
None of the dual illuminated 4x models are calibrated for a 308. None that I can see on their website.
You would have to look at the 3.5x35 or 4x32 like the TA01B or TA11E
Personally I would be looking at some of the 3.5x models… I have a TA31F and the FOV is amazing but the eye relief is short for me personally… I’m not a nose to the charging handle kinda guy.Last edited by ExtremeX; 08-04-2015, 4:41 PM.ExtremeXComment
-
If you have a short LOP 4x is nice too… It happened to fit my lady so well I ended up giving it to her otherwise I would have ended up selling or trading it.
Now that I think about it I can see why they don’t make a lot of 4x models for the 308… 1.5” of ER, makes you an ideal candidate for scope eye.
OP, I would stick to a 3.5x model you like which is calibrated to 308. If you want to move up in magnification I would look at the VCOG over an ACOG if you want to stick with Trijicon. It really is a more versatile optic with calibrations for better ammo like the 175gr SMK (at least that what it looks like to me)Last edited by ExtremeX; 08-04-2015, 5:37 PM.ExtremeXComment
-
Comment
-
Is that for 556 only or would it work for a .308?, that's a really nice opticComment
-
Comment
-
I've narrowed it down to the above acog or a vortex razor hd 1-6x and am cramping my brain on which way to go, anyone with a scar 17 have experience with either or both? I understand it's not a precision rifle but am having a difficult time deciding between the 2Comment
-
have acog on scar 17,16 and FS2000. Though the 3X30. what I can say is ,great eye relief and very great transitioning btw targets at different distances. I have used acog for advance tactical classes with great outcome and no regret. Precision wise, I am able to shoot 3 inch/ ipsc head shot target up to 25yards, 6 inches @ 50 and A zone @ 100 yards, all non bench rest. (i am far from an operator) .Also shooting around the 9 hole barricade @ 50 yards you just place on target no need for the left or right adjustment when shooting from compromise positions. I never used other scope extensively so I can't compare. Good luck mansigpicComment
-
Thanks , I appreciate your input, that's exactly what I was looking for.have acog on scar 17,16 and FS2000. Though the 3X30. what I can say is ,great eye relief and very great transitioning btw targets at different distances. I have used acog for advance tactical classes with great outcome and no regret. Precision wise, I am able to shoot 3 inch/ ipsc head shot target up to 25yards, 6 inches @ 50 and A zone @ 100 yards, all non bench rest. (i am far from an operator) .Also shooting around the 9 hole barricade @ 50 yards you just place on target no need for the left or right adjustment when shooting from compromise positions. I never used other scope extensively so I can't compare. Good luck manComment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,905
Posts: 25,152,969
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,753
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 39332 users online. 34 members and 39298 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment